3.9k Share this
Jade Amelia Thirlwall is an English singer, songwriter, and a member of the British girl group Little Mix who is professionally known as Jade Thirlwall. She started performing as a singer at the age of six. She began with pubs and clubs, and now she is a well-known singer who performs live on stage and in concerts. Even after being eliminated two times at the Bootcamp stage of “The X Factor” as an individual performer, she did not give up on her musical dreams and has emerged as one of the most talented and confident singers in the British music industry. Jade signed as a songwriter in a deal with Sony/ATV Music in April 2019 and was awarded the “Gay Times” Honour for Allyship in 2021. Additionally, Thirlwall signed a solo deal with RCA Records on 10th March 2022.
- Being an English singer, songwriter, and member of the British girl group Little Mix.
- For giving auditions for “The X Factor” in 2008 and 2010.
Where is Jade Thirlwall from?
Jade Thirlwall was born on 26th December 1992 with the real name of Jade Amelia Thirlwall in South Shields, Tyne, and Wear, England. She is British by nationality and she came from a mixed ethnic background as she is of Macedonian Greek and English descent on her father’s side and has Egyptian and Yemeni roots on her mother’s side. Likewise, her religious belief is in the Christian religion and her race is white. Jade has celebrated her 29th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Capricorn. She is the daughter of James Thirlwall (father) and Norma Badwi (mother). She also has one brother named Karl David.
Talking about Jade’s education, she had attended Performers’ Stage School and St Wilfrid’s Community College in South Shields, Tyne & Wear.
What does Jade Thirlwall do for a living?
- Jade Thirlwall kicks off her career by giving an audition for “The X Factor” in 2008, singing “Where Do Broken Hearts Go” by Whitney Houston, but was later eliminated at the boot camp stage.
- She then came back for a third attempt in 2011, auditioning with the song “I Want to Hold Your Hand” by the Beatles, earned four “yes” votes, and went through boot camp.
- She was placed in a three-piece group named “Orion” after she failed the first boot camp challenge whereas it was announced on 28th October 2011 that the group name had changed to Little Mix.
- Little Mix was announced as the winner, becoming the first group to do so on 11th December 2011.
- With Little Mix Jade has released six albums; “DNA” (2012), “Salute” (2013), “Get Weird” (2015), “Glory Days” (2016), and “LM5” (2018), and “Confetti” (2020).
- She became an official songwriter after signing to Sony/ATV via joint venture TwentySeven in 2019 as well as it was announced in May 2020 that she would be hosting an MTV web series, titled “Served!”.
- It was starring as a contestant on the fourth series of “The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off” on 29th January 2021. She was announced as the winner and was crowned as the “Star Baker” of her episode.
- She is set to appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race, a special “UK vs The World” series in January 2022.
- Thirlwall also signed a solo deal with RCA Records on 10th March 2022.
- Furthermore, Jade teamed up with a renowned designer to create a limited edition community shirt for a North East football club in 2022, for all donations to be donated to the charity Cancer Connections.
Awards and Achievements
- Ethnicity Awards
- Gay Times Honours
Who is Jade Thirlwall Dating?
Jade Thirlwall is an unmarried singer. She has been in a relationship with British singer and actor Jordan Stephens since 2020. The pair started dating in May 2020 and were first spotted together at a Black Trans Lives Matter rally in central London. Thirlwall was previously in a relationship with Jed Elliott from 2016 to 2019 who is a member of the English rock band The Struts. Concerning Jade’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Jade Thirlwall?
Jade Thirlwall is a versatile woman who has a net worth of $8 million as of 2022. She has also a handsome amount of salary which is around $100,000 per year. Thirlwall opened her own cocktail bar, Red Door, in South Shields in 2019, and in March 2020, her new nightclub, Industry, launched next door to Arbeia. On 10th September 2021, she was announced as the new face of the Italian sportswear brand, Ellesse and launched her “Autumn/Winter” collection the same day. Thirlwall announced on 4th October 2021 that she will be releasing her own 42-color eyeshadow palette in collaboration with beauty products company, Beauty Bay, and it was launched on 11th October 2021. In addition, her major source of income is her singer, and songwriter career.
How tall is Jade Thirlwall?
Jade Thirlwall has got a standard height of 5 ft 3 in or 160 cm and a convincing appearance. She has a slim body build with 49 kg of body weight. Her hair and eyes color is light brown. She has multiple tattoos. On her spine, she has an Arabic tattoo that reads “Anyone can achieve their dreams if they’ve got the courage” as a nod to her Egyptian and Yemeni ancestry, as well as a tattoo on her ribcage that means “queen” in Arabic. In 2021, she got a tattoo on her leg to commemorate the day Little Mix was formed in celebration of the group’s 10 year anniversary.
Did You Know?
- She auditioned for season five of The X Factor in 2008 with The Beatles’ song “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” but she didn’t make it past Bootcamp.
- She and Little Mix were nominated for the 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards for Band of the Year.
- She listed popstar and singer Cheryl Cole as one of her greatest idols.
- Little Mix’s debut album, DNA, reached number 3 on the UK charts.
- In November 2019, Thirlwall opened her own cocktail bar, Red Door, in South Shields.
Source: Gossip Gist