Jesse Plemons is an Award-winning American actor who began his career as a child actor and achieved huge success in the entertainment industry. He rose to fame with his supporting role as Landry Clarke in the NBC drama series “Friday Night Lights” (2006–2011). Further, he came to prominence portraying Todd Alquist in season 5 of the AMC crime drama series “Breaking Bad” (2012–2013) and its sequel film “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie” (2019) and as Ed Blumquist in season 2 of the FX anthology series “Fargo” (2015) for which he received his first Primetime Emmy Award nomination and won a Critics’ Choice Television Award. Further, he portrayed Robert Daly in “USS Callister”, an episode of the Netflix anthology series “Black Mirror” (2017). Besides this, he appeared in supporting roles in several films such as The Master (2012), The Homesman (2014), Black Mass, Bridge of Spies (both 2015), Game Night, Vice (both 2018), The Irishman (2019), Judas and the Black Messiah, Jungle Cruise, and The Power of the Dog (all in 2021). He starred in the psychological thriller film I’m Thinking of Ending Things (2020).
What is Jesse Plemons Famous For?
- Being an American Actor.
- For his role as Landry Clarke in Friday Night Lights, Chris Kelly in Other People, Todd Alquist in Breaking Bad as well as El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, Ed Blumquist in Fargo, Captain Robert Daly in Black Mirror, and Gary Kingsbury in Game Night.
Who are the Parents of Jesse Plemons?
Jesse Plemons took birth on 2nd April 1988. His place of birth is in Dallas, Texas, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is mixed of English, Scottish, Scotch-Irish. His zodiac sign is Aries and he follows the Christianity religion. He celebrated his 33rd birthday as of 2021. He was born to his mother, Lisa Beth, and his father, Jim Bob Plemons. Also, he has a sibling, an older sister namely Jill Plemons. He was raised in the city of Mart, near Waco.
Focusing on his education, graduated from the Texas Tech University Independent School District, a distance learning program, which allowed him to earn his high school diploma in 2007. Next, he went to attend schools in Mart, playing football in middle school, junior high, and at Mart High School, until he received more acting jobs and shifted to the online program.
Jesse Plemons Career Timeline
- Jesse Plemons began his career with a Coca-Cola commercial when he was only 3 and a half years old.
- He started spending time auditioning in Los Angeles and landing small jobs by the age of eight.
- He next appeared in the films “Varsity Blues” (1999) and “All the Pretty Horses” (2000).
- Further, he guest-starred on “Walker”, “Texas Ranger” and “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch”.
- Next, he had an important role in the film “Children on their Birthdays” (2002).
- After then, he appeared in “Like Mike” (2002) and “When Zachary Beaver Came to Town” (2003) and had guest roles on the television series “Judging Amy”, “The Lyon’s Den”, “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation”, and “Grey’s Anatomy” between 2003 and 2006.
- In the year 2006, he joined the cast of NBC’s television series “Friday Night Lights”. The show, a fan and critic favorite, ended after five seasons after shifting to DirecTV in 2011.
- In 2012, Plemons reunited with Kitsch and Friday Night Lights creator Peter Berg in the film Battleship. Berg, who directed the film, explained that he knew how comfortable Kitsch was with Plemons: “I know that he’s really good for Taylor and he makes Taylor better. So, I wrote that whole part for Jesse. I never thought of it as a Friday Night Lights reunion. I thought of it as protection, bringing a trusted family member in.”
- He then portrayed the psychopathic villain Todd Alquist during the final season of the AMC drama series “Breaking Bad” from the year 2012 to 2013. He was also a recurring cast member in Season 5A and was promoted to series regular for Season 5B.
- He had a supporting role in the Paul Thomas Anderson drama “The Master” in 2012.
- He then played mobster Kevin Weeks in the Boston-set mob film “Black Mass”. Also, he appeared in the Stephen Frears film about Lance Armstrong, “The Program”, and the Steven Spielberg film “Bridge of Spies”.
- He co-starred in the second season of the TV show “Fargo” at the end of 2015. He portrayed Ed Blumquist, a butcher and the husband of Peggy Blumquist (Kirsten Dunst).
- In the year 2016, he starred in the film “Other People”.
- After a year, he appeared in the Doug Liman thriller film “American Made”, the Scott Cooper western “Hostiles”, and Steven Spielberg’s historical drama “The Post”.
- In December 2017, he appeared in “USS Callister” appearing in an episode in the fourth series of the anthology show “Black Mirror”.
- In 2018, he had supporting roles in two films, the comedy “Game Night” and Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney biopic “Vice”.
- In 2019, he had a supporting role in the Martin Scorsese crime drama “The Irishman”.
- Also, he reprised his role as Todd Alquist in “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie”.
- He played the lead performance in Charlie Kaufman’s psychological drama “I’m Thinking of Ending Things”.
- In 2021, he gave notable supporting performances in the critically acclaimed “Judas and the Black Messiah” and the Disney adventure film “Jungle Cruise”.
- Additionally, he starred in the supernatural horror film “Antlers”.
- He further starred once again alongside his real-life partner and Fargo co-star Kirsten Dunst in Jane Campion’s western drama “The Power of the Dog”.
- In 2022, he starred in Charlie McDowell’s noir thriller “Windfall”, which also marked his first credit as a producer.
- He would next be appearing in a western thriller, “Killers of the Flower Moon”. In May 2021, it was announced that he would star alongside Elizabeth Olsen in the HBO Max true-crime series “Love and Death”.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Critics’ Choice Television Award in 2015 and Primetime Emmy Award in 2016 for his role in ‘Fargo’
Who is Jesse Plemons Wife?
Jesse Plemons is currently in a relationship with Fargo co-star, Kirsten Dunst. In 2016, the duo started dating each other and they got engaged in 2017. Their first son, Ennis Howard Plemons took birth on 3rd May 2018. In March 2021, they announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In September 2021, during an interview, Kirsten revealed that the couple had welcomed a baby boy named James Robert Plemons. Today, the couple is living a happy life. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. Recently, Kirsten Dunst and fiancé Jesse Plemons step onto the red carpet on Sunday, March 27 after both scoring Oscar nominations. Dunst and Plemons have scooped Best Supporting Actress and Actor nominations for “The Power of the Dog”.
Previously, he dated Courtney Peterson.
How much is Jesse Plemons Net Worth?
Jesse Plemons is an actor by profession who has made a huge fortune appearing in a lot of movies and TV shows. As of 2022, the net worth of this famous actor is estimated to have $10 Million. His source of wealth is from the entertainment industry and he is living a lavish lifestyle at present. There are no details about his salary and career earnings. He is currently in the acting field and he has not retired yet. He will be seen appearing in the movies and shows in the future as well.
How tall is Jesse Plemons?
Jesse Plemons is a handsome man standing tall at the height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m). His weight consists of 75 kg. He has a light brown hair color and his eye color is blue. He has thin eyebrows. His body type is average. He has got a healthy body and he maintains his body at this age as well.
Did You Know?
- Aries is his Zodiac sign.
- His ethnicity is mixed of English, Scottish, Scotch-Irish.
- He grew up in Mart, Limestone.
- In March 2016, he was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame.
- He has been a part of Oscar-nominated films such as Bridge of Spies (2015), The Post (2017), Vice (2018), and The Irishman (2019).
- He started his career as a child actor.
Source: Gossip Gist