Lindsay Ellis is an American author, film critic, video essayist, as well as a former YouTuber. Her debut novel, “Axiom’s End” was published in July 2020 which became a New York Times Best Seller. She was selected to host “The Nostalgia Chick” as part of the Channel Awesome production company, a web series based on the Nostalgia Critic. Likewise, she served as writer, producer, and actress in many series on the TGWTG website and YouTube channel. She has got nicknames as The Nostalgia Chick, The Dudette, and NChick. In 2021, she announced her retirement from YouTube and content creation, citing the harassment and cancel culture via Patreon blog post titled “Walking away from Omelas”.
What is Lindsay Ellis Known For?
- Being an author, film critic, video essayist, and former YouTuber.
- For her debut novel, “Axiom’s End”.
Where is Lindsay Ellis From? Know About His Nationality, Parents, and Education
Lindsay Ellis was born on 24th November 1984 in Johnson City, Tennessee, the USA where she spent her childhood. Her birth name is Lindsay Caroline Ellis. She was born to her father, James Carroll Ellis, and her mother. Information regarding her mother and siblings is still to get revealed. She celebrated her 37th birthday as of 2021. She is of American nationality and she belongs to the American-White ethnicity. Her race is White. Sagittarius is her Zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion.
About her education, Lindsay Ellis received her BA in Film Studies from New York University in 2007 and MFA from USC School of Cinematic Arts in 2011.
Lindsay Ellis Career Timeline
- Lindsay Ellis’s initial work was “Awoken”, a paranormal romance parody of Twilight about a woman falling in love with Cthulhu, under the alias Serra Elinsen which she wrote alongside her friends Elisa Hansen and Antonella “Nella” Inserra.
- Then, she wrote and directed the documentary short film “The A-Word” in 2010.
- She was then selected to host “The Nostalgia Chick” as part of the Channel Awesome production company, a web series based on the “Nostalgia Critic” from 2008 to 2014.
- Her other works include “The Whole Plate”, a long-running series examining the Transformers film series as well as a three-part series about the production of “The Hobbit trilogy” and its effect on the New Zealand film industry. The three-part documentary “The Hobbit Duology” (2018), which Ellis wrote and edited with Angelina Meehan, was a finalist for the 2019 Hugo Award for Best Related Work.
- She also co-hosts the “It’s Lit!” web series alongside YouTuber Princess Weekes.
- Moreover, she was also one of the founders of the Standard creator community. Through Standard, she has released most of her content on Standard’s Nebula streaming video service, including an extended cut on Tom Hooper’s “Les Misérables”.
- Moreover, she has released content early on Patreon where she has over 9,000 patrons, making her one of the top 50 creators on the platform.
- She co-founded “MusicalSplaining”, a podcast in early 2020. It was also included in O, The Oprah Magazine’s top 20 new podcasts of 2020.
- Her debut novel “Axiom’s End” was published by St. Martin’s Press on July 21, 2020, and entered The New York Times Best Seller list at number 7 on August 9, as well as appearing on the Los Angeles Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.
- Besides this, she has been subject to multiple campaigns of online harassment throughout her career online.
- Recently, she announced her retirement from YouTube and content creation, citing the harassment and cancel culture via a Patreon blog post titled “Walking away from Omelas” in 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Student Award in the category Best Short Film for “The A-Word” in 2011.
Who is Lindsay Ellis Husband?
Lindsay Ellis is a married woman. But she has not revealed her spouse’s name to date. They wed in June 2018. Her wedding ceremony was held in private with the attendance of her family and some friends Mikey Neumann, and Elisa Hansen. As of 2019, she and her husband live in Long Beach, California. They do not have any children as of now. About her sexual orientation, she is bisexual.
Back then, Lindsay was in a relationship with Todd Nathanson. Later, they split.
What is Lindsay Ellis Net Worth?
Lindsay Ellis is a multi-talented author, film critic, video essayist, and former YouTube whose net worth is estimated to have $1 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth is from her writing career. She has not disclosed anything regarding her annual salary and career earnings to the media. Today, she is living a standard lifestyle.
How tall is Lindsay Ellis?
Lindsay Ellis is a beautiful woman who stands tall at a perfect height of 5 ft 2 in. Her body weight consists of 55 Kg or 121 lbs. She has a pair of hazel eyes and her hair color is brown. Her body measurement is 34-28-40 inches. Her bra size is 34C and she wears a shoe size of 5 US. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him.
Source: Gossip Gist