Share this @internewscast.com
Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson, professionally known as Lykke Li is a Swedish singer, songwriter, and model. She gained fame from her debut album “Youth Novels” and sang on Kleerup’s song “Until We Bleed.” She traveled around the world growing up, but she returned to New York City to record her album at the age of twenty-one. Li provided a cover of “Silver Springs” for a Fleetwood Mac tribute album, along with other contributors like MGMT and Best Coast. She has her self-titled Youtube channel where she has gained more than 534K subscribers. Being a famous model, she has achieved a huge fan base as she has earned over 111.8K followers on her Twitter account and more than 366k followers on her Instagram account.
What is Lykke Li Famous For?
- Being a Swedish singer, songwriter and model.
- For her debut studio album, “Youth Novels”.
What Ethnicity is Lykke Li?
Lykke Li was born on 18th March 1986 with the real name of Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson in Ystad, Skane County, Sweden. She is of Swedish nationality and she came from Swedish-white ethnic background. Likewise, she follows the Christian religion and her race is white. Li has celebrated her 35th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Pisces. She is the daughter of her mother, Karsti Stiege, who was a photographer, and her father, Johan Zachrisson (stage name Zilverzurfarn), is a member of the Swedish punk-reggae band Dag Vag. She has two siblings named Zacharias Zachrisson and Zara Lou Zachrisson. Her younger brother, Zacharias, is also a musician.
What does Lykke Li do for a living?
- Lykke Li jumps off her career releasing her first EP, “Little Bit”, in 2007, and her debut album, “Youth Novels”, was released on LL Recordings in the Nordic region on 30th January 2008.
- She then starred on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien” and worked with Norwegian electronic duo Royksopp on their 2009 album “Junior”.
- She was seen on “Last Call with Carson Daly” on 18th February 2009 whereas a remixed version of her song “I’m Good, I’m Gone” was featured in the 2009 horror film “Sorority Row”.
- The song “Get Some” was featured in the 15th episode of the first season of “Hawaii Five-0” titled “Kai e’e” which aired on 23rd January 2011.
- Also, her song “Melodies and Desires” was featured in the 2010 Australian film “Griff the Invisible”.
- Li launched her second album “Wounded Rhymes” in 2011 and performed on “Later… with Jools Holland” in the UK on 30th April 2011.
- She also appeared with her band on the US late-night talk show “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno in August 2011 and on the “Late Show with David Letterman” in November 2011.
- She was featured as a guest musician on David Lynch’s second studio album, “The Big Dream” in 2013 as well as she released the video for the title track of her third studio album, “I Never Learn” on 27th February 2014.
- On 2nd May 2014, she officially released “I Never Learn” which debuted at number 29 on the “Billboard 200” and on 30th May 2014, Li released a remix EP of “No Rest for the Wicked”.
- She made her acting debut in the 2014 Swedish crime film “Tommy” and wrote “No One Ever Loved” for the soundtrack to “The Fault in Our Stars”, which was released on 19th May 2014.
- She was featured on Emile Haynie’s debut album “We Fall” on the track “Come Find Me” in 2015 and her fourth studio album “So Sad So Sexy” on 8th June 2018 through RCA.
- She sang lead vocals and appeared in the video for Mark Ronson’s “Late Night Feelings” in April 2019 and released the EP “Still Sad Still Sexy” in July 2019.
- Lykke made her return to music releasing ‘BRON’ which was a song sung entirely in Swedish, in October 2020.
- Furthermore, she signed with the VIVA Model Management agency in January 2012 and made her acting debut in the 2014 Swedish crime film “Tommy” directed by Tarik Saleh.
- She also stars in Terrence Malick’s film “Song to Song” released in 2017.
Awards and Achivements
- European Border Breakers Awards for Best Album
- Studio8’s Female Voice of February 2009
- Antville Music Video Awards for Best Narrative
- European Festivals Awards – Festival Anthem of the Year
Is Lykke Li Married?
Lykke Li is a married woman. She was married to her ex-husband Jeff Bhasker who is a musician. The pair is blessed with a son Dion (born on 12th February 2016). It seems that Li is comfortable keeping her personal life open to the public. Furthermore, talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
Brad Pitt and Lykke Li Are Just ‘Friends’
Brad Pitt has struck up a friendship with Lykke Li. Despite a report that Pitt is dating Lykke, a source close to Pitt says Li is just part of “a large group of artsy friends that he enjoys hanging out with.” “Lykke Li and Alia Shawkat are part of this group,” the insider says. “He likes having female friends too.” According to the source, Pitt “is dating, but not seriously.” “He still keeps in touch with Nicole Poturalski,” the insider adds of the German model Pitt was last linked to in 2020.
How much is Lykke Li Net Worth?
Lykke Li has a net worth of $4 million as of 2022. She has also a handsome amount of salary which is also thousands of dollars per year. With her hard work and luck by her side, she can double the amount of wealth she has today. Li’s major source of income is from her singer, songwriter, and model career and she is sincere in her work.
What is the Height of Lykke Li?
Lykke Li stands at an ideal height of 1.71 m with a balanced body weight of 68 kg. She has blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Her sensible thoughts with a good sense of humor greatly attract her spectators to their TV screen. Moreover, Li’s body build type is slim.
Source: Gossip Gist