3.9k Share this
Paul Alexander Casey, popularly known as Paul Casey is an English golfer. Casy currently competes on the PGA Tour and the European Tour. He reached career-high No. 3 in the Official World Golf Ranking in 2009. As of March 2022, he has won three PGA Tour wins, the first at the 2009 Shell Houston Open and Valspar Championship in 2018 and 2019 and 15 European Tour wins. He won Ryder Cup in 2004, 2006, and 2018 and WGC-World Cup in 2004.
What is Paul Casey Famous For?
- Popular English golfer.
Where is Paul Casey From?
Paul Casey was born on 21 July 1977. His birth name is Paul Alexander Casy. His birth place is in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire in England. He holds an English nationality. His family moved to Weybridge, Surrey when he was 6. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Cleves School, Weybridge, and Hampton School, West London. He later studied A levels at Strode’s College, Egham, Surrey. After A level, he attended Arizona State University on a golf scholarship.
Paul Casey Amateur Golf Career
- Casey won three consecutive Pac-12 Championships from 1998 to 2000.
- He broke the championship scoring record held by Tiger Woods (18 under par) with a 23 under par 265.
- He won the English Amateur in 1999 and 2000.
- He was a member of Great Britain and Ireland’s winning 1999 Walker Cup team. He was only the third player in 77 years to record four victories without a single defeat.
Paul Casey Professional Career
- Paul Casey turned professional in 2000.
- He joined the European Tour in May 2001.
- He recorded his first win in his eleventh, the Gleneagles Scottish PGA Championship.
- He ended the season 22nd on the order of merit.
- He won the Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year award.
- He won the ANZ Championship and Hedges International Open in 2004.
- He came sixth on the Order of Merit.
- He was a member of the victorious European Ryder Cup team in 2004.
- He also won the WGC-World Cup for England in partnership with Luke Donald. He did not win any individual titles that year.
- He joined the PGA Tour as a Special Temporary Member in 2005.
- He was named European Tour Player of the Year in 2006.
- He was the leader of the European Tour Order of Merit in 2006.
- He won the HSBC World Match Play Championship at Wentworth in 2006.
- He won his first PGA Tour win at the 2009 Shell Houston Open. He reached No. 6 in the OWGR.
- He won his 10th event on the European Tour at the 2009 BMW PGA Championship, taking him to his career-high of 3rd in the OWGR.
- He won the Volvo Golf Champions tournament in January 2011.
- He won his 12th and 13th European Tour title at The Irish Open in June 2013 and the KLM Open in 2014.
- He decided to give up his European Tour exemption in 2015 and focus solely on the PGA Tour.
- He tied for second at the Northern Trust Open, tied for third at the Honda Classic and tied for 6th in the 2015 Masters.
- He finished 2nd at the Deutsche Bank Championship and the BMW Championship in 2016.
- He finished 4th at the Tour Championship to finish 5th in the 2016 FedEx Cup Playoffs.
- He won the Valspar Championship on PGA Tour in 2018 and in 2019.
- He tied for second at the 2020 PGA Championship along with Dustin Johnson in August 2020, marking his best career finish in a major championship.
- He won his 15th European Tour victory at the 2021 Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
- He won a bronze medal at the 2020 Olympics.
Who is Paul Casey Wife?
Paul Casey is a married man. He is married to television presenter Pollyanna Woodward. They first met at the Formula 1 Chequered Flag Ball at the 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. They soon started dating and got engaged during Christmas in 2013. The couple got married in 2015. They share a son, Lex, born in September 2014.
He was previously married to Jocelyn Hefner, a distant cousin of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. The couple got married in 2008 but their marriage ended in divorce in 2011.
He lives in Weybridge, Surrey in England. He also has a residence in Scottsdale, Arizona in the United States.
What is Paul Casey Height?
Paul Casey stands at the height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 180 lbs i.e. 82 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Paul Casey Net Worth?
Paul Casey earns from his professional career as a golfer. Having turned pro in 2000, he has already won three PGA Tour wins and 15 European Tour wins. His income comes from prize money and sponsorships. His net worth is estimated at $21 million at present.
Did You Know?
- He became the only player in Ryder Cup history to win a foursome match with a hole-in-one on Saturday 23 September 2006 in Ireland.
- He sparked controversy in 2004 when he reportedly said, of the US Ryder Cup team, “Oh, we properly hate them. We wanted to beat them as badly as possible” in an interview for the Sunday Times newspaper. He later apologized saying the remarks were taken out of context and using the word “hate” was an error.
- He suffered a rib injury at the 2009 Open Championship.
Source: Gossip Gist