Shayne Thomas Ward, professionally known as Shayne Ward is an English actor and singer. He is well recognized for his role as Aidan Connor in “Coronation Street” from 2015 to 2018 and 2021. He is also known for winning the second season of the UK’s “The X Factor”. His first single, “That’s My Goal,” was #1 on the UK Singles Chart in 2005 which was sold 313,000 copies on its first day of sales, making it the third-fastest-selling single of all time in the UK. He was briefly a member of the pop band Destiny. His debut self-titled album was a #1 certified Platinum album in the UK and Ireland. Shayne was the first “X Factor” winner to release an original song as his winner’s single and his prize, as the winner, was a recording contract with Simon Cowell’s Syco record label. His eponymous debut album was released in April 2006 and it debuted at number one on both the Irish and UK Albums Charts, going 4× Platinum in Ireland and Platinum in the UK. Shayne made a voiceover appearance on 22nd October 2021 for his on-screen father Johnny Connor’s death.
- Being an English actor and singer.
- For his role as Aidan Connor in “Coronation Street” from 2015 to 2018 and 2021.
Where is Shayne Ward from?
Shayne Ward stepped for the very first time into the world on 16th October 1984 in Tameside, Greater Manchester, England. He was born with the real name of Shayne Thomas Ward in a Christian religious family. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Ward has celebrated his 37th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father Martin Ward (father) and Philomena Ward (mother). She has six siblings named Michael Ward, Martin Ward, Emma Ward, Lisa Ward, Leona Ward, Mark Ward.
What does Shayne Ward do for a living?
- Shayne Ward started his career reaching the final thirty of “Popstars: The Rivals” in 2002 after which he auditioned for the second series of “The X Factor” in early 2005 where he was chosen to be among Walsh’s top four contestants and perform on the live shows. He was crowned as the winner of the season as he had not fallen into the bottom two throughout the entire competition, and won by a margin of 1.2% of the vote, out of a reported 10.8 million phone votes cast by viewers.
- Then, he signed a recording contract with Syco Music and his first single, “That’s My Goal” which was released in the UK on Wednesday, 21st December 2005. He also won an Ivor Novello Award for being the Best Selling Single.
- On 10th April 2006, his second single, “No Promises”, a cover of a Bryan Rice song was released and his self-titled, “Shayne Ward” debut album was released on 17th April 2006.
- He also released his autobiography entitled “My Story” in November 2006 as well as his fourth single and first from his second album, “If That’s OK with You” was given a release date of 20th August 2007, but was then delayed and became a double A-side single with “No U Hang Up”. It was finally released on 24th September 2007.
- On 26th November 2007, he launched his second album “Breathless” and made his stage debut at London’s O2 Arena and visited his home town Manchester at the MEN Arena.
- He started working on his third album in 2009 with producers RedOne and Taio Cruz as the album, titled “Obsession”, was released on 15th November 2010.
- Shayne did his first television appearance in over two years, on “Live from Studio Five the day” after his “X-Factor” appearance, where he also performed his single.
- He also performed the title track from the album Obsession on “The Alan Titchmarsh Show” on 8th March 2011 as well as it was announced on 9th June 2011 that Ward would star as Stacee Jaxx in the 1980s-themed musical “Rock of Ages” at the Shaftesbury Theatre, London. He announced that he would return to the studio in September 2012, after the end of his contract with “Rock of Ages”.
- As well, he joined the cast of “Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of the Worlds” for the final arena tour of that production in 2014, as the Artilleryman.
- Later ITV announced on 12th May 2015 that they had signed Ward to a one-year contract deal to appear on “Coronation Street” as Aidan Connor. For his performance, he received the 2016 National Television Award and 2016 Inside Soap Award, both for the Best Newcomer.
- Ward announced in early 2018 that he was leaving the role. He made his last appearance as Aidan Connor on 7th May 2018, in a storyline highlighting male suicide.
- After leaving the show, Shayne was cast as a lead in the film, “Stairs”, a psychological drama.
- Also, he made a voiceover appearance on 22nd October 2021 for his on-screen father Johnny Connor’s death.
Awards and Achievements
- National Television Award for his work in “Coronation Street”
- TV Choice Award for his work in “Coronation Street”
- Inside Soap Award for his work in “Coronation Street”
Who is Shayne Ward Dating?
Shayne Ward is an unmarried guy. He is in a romantic relationship with his fiancee Sophie Austin with whom he became a father for the very first time on 3rd December 2016, welcoming their first child, a daughter. In December 2017, Ward announced his engagement to Austin. Concerning Shayne’s sexual orientation, he is straight. Recently, Shayne also has revealed he is expecting his second child with his fiancee Sophie after welcoming daughter Willow five years ago. He and his partner are expecting another baby girl after initially turning to IVF and when that failed, conceiving naturally. He told Hello! magazine: ‘I would always say to Sophie: “I know in my gut and in my heart of hearts that we are going to have more children.”
‘There was no two ways about it. We never gave up. It’s been a whirlwind. ‘And 16 years after I appeared on The X Factor, I have a beautiful family and one on the way. ‘I am on cloud nine. It’s amazing that we’re going to have another girl to add to the Ward clan.’ Shayne also revealed that Willow wants to name the new arrival Aurora, after the Disney princess, adding: ‘We said to her: “What have you always wanted?” And she said: “A baby sister!”
What is the Net Worth of Shayne Ward?
Shayne Ward has a net worth of $3 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. In his short professional time also, Shayne has established himself an identity already. He has not done endorsement work for any brands yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his actor and singer career.
How tall is Shayne Ward?
Shayne Ward is 1.75 m tall and his body weighs around 157 lb / 71 kg. He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Enriched with the toned bicep and perfect built, the actor doesn’t hesitate to go shirtless. Moreover, his body build type is athletic. Shayne has inked some awesome tattoos on his body.
Source: Gossip Gist