5.9k Share this
Valeri Bure is a Russian-American former ice hockey right winger who played 10 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Montreal Canadiens, Calgary Flames, Florida Panthers, St. Louis Blues, and Dallas Stars. Bure was one of the key members of the Russian national ice hockey team at the 1994 World Junior Championship where Russia won a bronze medal. He also won the silver and bronze medal with Russia at the Winter Olympics respectively in 1998 and 2002.
He is also known for being the husband of the American actress and producer, Candace Cameron Bure. The couple tied the knot in 1996. His brother, Pavel Bure is also a Russian former professional ice hockey player while his father, Vladimir is a Russian former freestyle swimmer.
What is Valeri Bure famous for?
- Famous as Russian-American former ice hockey right winger
- Known for being the former National Hockey League(NHL) player
Where was Valeri Bure born?
Valeri Bure was born on June 13, 1974, in Moscow, Soviet Union. His birth name is Valeri Vladimirovich “Val” Bure. He holds both Russian and American nationality. His ethnicity is White while Gemini is his zodiac sign.
Bure was born as the youngest son of Vladimir Valeryevich Bure(father) and Tatiana Bure(mother). His father is a Russian Former freestyle swimmer and a fitness coach for the New Jersey Devils of the NHL who has won four Olympic medals for the Soviet Union between 1968 and 1976.
He has an elder brother, Pavel Bure. Pavel is also a Russian former professional ice hockey player who played for 12 seasons in the National Hockey League(NHL).
When he was 9 years old, his parents got divorced. So, he moved to North America with his father and brother in 1991 as his brother, Pavel joined National Hockey League(NHL). Two months after their arrival, her mother arrived in the US.
Bure’s father, Vladimir began training him and his brother, Pavel in hockey and physical conditioning after settling in Los Angeles. However, after his father’s second marriage, the sons’ and the father’s relationship was not the same as before. Bure has a half-sister, Katya who was born in 1998.
Valeri Bure’s Career – Russian ice hockey player
- Valeri Bure started his career by playing in the “Soviet Championship League” for “HC CSKA Moscow” (the “Red Army” team) in the 1990–1991 season.
- He became the first Russian player to play in the Western Hockey League (WHL) after he joined the Spokane Chiefs at the age of 17.
- He scored 49 points in 53 games in his very first season in WHL after which he became the second-round pick of The Montreal Canadiens at the 1992 NHL Entry Draft.
- In the 1992-93 season, he returned to Spokane where he lead his team to finish second overall in WHL. In the season, he set a Spokane Chiefs franchise record with 68 goals with the help of which he was named to the WHL’s West Division First All-Star Team.
- He reached fourth on the Spokane Chiefs’ all-time scoring list after recording 298 points in three seasons with Spokane.
- Bure made his international debut in 1994 by featuring in the Russian national junior and senior teams in 1994.
- He was one of the key members of the Russian national ice hockey team at the 1994 World Junior Championship where Russia won a bronze medal.
- He also won the silver and bronze medal with Russia at the Winter Olympics respectively in 1998 and 2002.
- In the 1994-95 season, he was recalled by Montreal Canadiens and he made his NHL debut on February 28, 1995, against the New York Islanders.
- His brother, Pavel had become a superstar in NHL. So, under Pavel’s shadow, he could not live up to the expectations placed on him as he only scored 22 goals in his first season.
- Following his injuries, Bure was traded to the “Calgary Flames” in February 1998 where he became a superstar and one of Flame’s leading scorers.
- In 1999-2000, he and his brother, Pavel combined to set an NHL record for goals by a pair of siblings with 93 after he led the Flames in scoring with 35 goals and 75 points and Pavel scored 58 goals for the Florida Panthers.
- Following his great season, teams like Calgary, the Florida Panthers (who had acquired Pavel), Buffalo Sabres, and New York Rangers, showed interest in him. However, due to contract negotiation, he could not join another team.
- He then suffered a persistent injury following which he could not show much of his talent in the 2001-2002 season.
- He was traded to “St. Louis Blues” where he suffered from another injury.
- In the 2003-2004 season, he made his return to the Panthers and finished the season as the leading scorer of Panthers.
- Though he signed a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Kings for the 2005-06 season, he did not play a regular-season for the team.
- In 2005, Bure retired from his professional hockey career after suffering from back and hip injuries.
- Later in 2010, he won the second season of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s figure skating reality show “Battle of the Blades” along with his partner, Ekaterina Gordeeva. The series was a competition that paired a former professional hockey player with a figure skater.
- Bure runs Bure Family Wines in St. Helena, California with his wife, Candace Cameron.
Who is Valeri Bure’s Wife?
Valeri Bure has been married only once throughout his life. He is married to his only wife, Candace Cameron. Cameron is an American actress, producer, author, and talk show panelist who is best known for her role as D.J. Tanner on “Full House”. The couple met each other through Cameron’s Full House castmate Dave Coulier at a charity hockey game. The couple tied the knot on June 22, 1996. The couple is blessed with three children. Lev and Maksim are their two sons while Natasha is their only daughter. In December 2001, he legally became an American citizen. Bure along with his family currently lives in Los Angeles, California, United States.
How much is Valeri Bure worth?
Valeri Bure has earned a good amount of money from his profession as a former ice hockey right-winger. He has played 10 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL), earning a handsome sum of money. He runs Bure Family Wines in St. Helena, California with his wife, Candace. Including all of his earnings, Bure has an estimated net worth of $14 million as of 2022.
How tall is Valeri Bure?
Valeri Bure is a handsome man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his late 40s. He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of blue eyes. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 10 inches(1.78m) and has a bodyweight of 82kg(181 lbs).
Source: Gossip Gist