Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news At least 60 casualties reported from Israeli attacks in Gaza, according to local health experts
  • Local news

At least 60 casualties reported from Israeli attacks in Gaza, according to local health experts

  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Israeli strikes across Gaza kill at least 60 people, local health officials say

Up next

Katie Price 'reboots TV career by signing for Celebrity MasterChef'

Katie Price Revives TV Career with Appearance on Celebrity MasterChef

Published on 20 May 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

At least 60 casualties reported from Israeli attacks in Gaza, according to local health experts

DEIR EL-BALAH – At least 60 individuals in the Gaza Strip have lost their lives due to Israeli strikes conducted overnight and into Tuesday, as reported by Palestinian health authorities.

Israel recently initiated a significant military operation in the area, with the objectives of securing the release of hostages captured by Hamas and dismantling the militant organization.

On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu permitted a limited number of aid trucks to enter Gaza for the first time in 2 1/2 months, following external pressure to ease the blockade affecting the territory’s 2 million residents, which had raised concerns about potential famine.

But U.N. agencies said the handful of trucks that entered were nowhere near enough to meet the massive need for food, medicine and other supplies. Some 600 trucks a day had entered during a ceasefire earlier this year.

Two strikes in northern Gaza hit a family home and a school-turned-shelter, killing at least 22 people, more than half of them women and children, according to the Gaza Health Ministry.

A strike in the central city of Deir al-Balah killed 13 people, and another in the nearby built-up Nuseirat refugee camp killed 15, according to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital.

Two strikes in the southern city of Khan Younis killed 10 people, according to Nasser Hospital.

There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military, which says it only targets militants and blames Hamas for civilian deaths because the group operates in densely populated areas.

The war in Gaza began when Hamas-led militants attacked southern Israel, killing some 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and abducting 251 others. The militants are still holding 58 captives, around a third believed to be alive, after most of the rest were returned in ceasefire agreements or other deals.

Israel’s retaliatory offensive, which has destroyed large swaths of Gaza, has killed more than 53,000 Palestinians, mostly women and children, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry, which doesn’t differentiate between civilians and combatants in its count.

The war has displaced around 90% of its population, most of them multiple times.

___

Magdy reported from Cairo.

___

Follow AP’s war coverage at https://apnews.com/hub/israel-hamas-war

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History

LENOX, Mass. – Musicians with the Boston Symphony Orchestra have authorized what…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Dry Start to the Week Before Rain Chances Rise - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Dry Start to the Week Before Rain Chances Rise

Isolated storms expected Monday before coverage increases by late-week. Only isolated to…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Trump Tests Mark Carney as Canada Faces Economic Coercion Concerns - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Tests Mark Carney as Canada Faces Economic Coercion Concerns

TORONTO, ONT – Mark Carney made his mark on the world stage…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Buc-ee’s Sparks Ohio Backlash Over Mini Mart Beaver Logo Fight - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Buc-ee’s Sparks Ohio Backlash Over Mini Mart Beaver Logo Fight

BEAVERCREEK, Ohio – From a lip-smacking alligator to a grinning moose and…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Palo Alto Unified School District faces possible layoffs amid $33M budget cut
  • US

Palo Alto Unified School District Eyes Layoffs as $33M Budget Cuts Loom

A Northern California school district is bracing for a severe financial squeeze,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 24, 2026
Garbage Heap Collapse Buries Homes, Kills at Least 30 in Disaster - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Garbage Heap Collapse Buries Homes, Kills at Least 30 in Disaster

At least 30 people died Sunday in Guinea after a huge landslide…
  • Internewscast
  • August 24, 2026
CNN Panel Erupts as Scott Jennings Defends Trump Aide Natalie Harp - Internewscast Journal
  • World News

CNN Panel Erupts as Scott Jennings Defends Trump Aide Natalie Harp

CNN commentator Scott Jennings faced pushback on Wednesday’s episode of…
  • Internewscast
  • August 24, 2026
83-Year-Old Died From 1,000 Fire Ant Bites After Leaving Nursing Home, Lawsuit Says - Internewscast Journal
  • Crime

83-Year-Old Died From 1,000 Fire Ant Bites After Leaving Nursing Home, Lawsuit Says

Inset: Shelba Catterton. Background: The South Carolina nursing home where Catterton…
  • Internewscast
  • August 24, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.