NSW drivers sitting on $130 million of unclaimed toll relief
Share this @internewscast.com
Drivers in NSW have only a few weeks left to claim $130 million in toll refunds.

The state government introduced a $60 toll limit in 2024, enabling motorists to receive up to $340 a week in rebates.

Since the scheme’s rollout more than $139 million has been distributed, mainly in Western Sydney suburbs.
Sydney tolls generic picture.(Nine)

The Minns government states that an additional $130 million, accumulated between January 1, 2024, and the end of the March 2025 quarter, remains unclaimed.

Minister for Transport John Graham said motorists had until June 30 to claim toll relief for the 2024 calendar year.

“The $60 toll limit is a vital cost-of-living measure, and I am pleased to see its targeted effectiveness in areas where it is most needed, such as Blacktown, Baulkham Hills, Marsden Park, and Bankstown,” Graham stated.

“These are the parts of Western Sydney where paying a toll is not a choice and in many cases relying on public transport is not a viable choice either.”

Toll relief claims for the second quarter will open on July 9, whereas toll rebates from the 2025 calendar year can be claimed up until June 30 next year.

Minister for Customer Service and Digital Government, Jihad Dib, said the claims process could be completed online or through contacting a Service NSW Centre.

“It’s heartening to see the relief provided by the NSW Government’s $60 toll cap is getting where it’s needed most.

“This initiative, delivered through Service NSW, puts money back into people’s pockets at a time when we know families across the state are doing it tough.

“The positive difference this is making to peoples’ lives is something we, as a government, are proud of.”

So far only three Sydney suburbs have surpassed $2 million in toll rebates.

These suburbs include Blacktown, Baulkham Hills and Auburn.

Meanwhile, Merrylands, Marsden Park, Castle Hill, Quakers Hill, Lakemba, Kellyville, Bankstown, Greystanes, West Pennant Hills and Punchbowl, have received more than $1 million in rebates.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Victims were led to believe they were purchasing cryptocurrency, shares, or other legitimate investment products.

Sydney Man Exposed: The $5 Million Scam That Shocked Australia

Elderly and vulnerable victims were usually contacted on social media and encouraged…
The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in President Donald Trump's second term.

Shocking Incident: Texas Man Fatally Shot by Federal Immigration Agent – Uncover the Full Story

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in…
Someone holding a handful of Australian cash.

Massive Cash Boost: Over 5 Million Australians Set to Benefit Soon!

More than five million Australians receiving social security payments, half of whom…

Melbourne Teen Succumbs to Injuries a Week After Tragic Vehicle Collision

An air ambulance team and a mobile intensive care unit equipped with…
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

UK Government Weighs Historic Decision: Potential Removal of Former Prince from Royal Succession

Despite recent controversy, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor remains the eighth person in line to…
Blood test pathologist blood sample

Revolutionary Blood Test Offers Insight into Alzheimer’s Onset Timing

A new blood test could be able to clock when someone may…

UN Unveils Disturbing Evidence: Genocidal Atrocities Surface in Sudan

In brief The mission warned that “urgent protection of civilians is needed,…
'No justice': Hit-run victim's family slam punishment

Outrage Over Lenient Sentence: Hit-and-Run Victim’s Family Demands Justice

WARNING: This article contains the names of deceased Indigenous people. The family…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…
Gallipoli Barracks, Brisbane

Shocking Incident at Brisbane Military Base: Woman Arrested for Stabbing Man

A crime scene has been declared at Gallipoli Barracks after a man…
Jayden Ansara had to act quick when his mother collapsed after having a brain aneurysm.

Young Boy Honored with Bravery Award for Heroic Act in Saving Mother’s Life

A nine-year-old boy who helped save his mother’s life by calling Triple…
The ute reversed before ramming into the gates of the Brisbane Synagogue, with the incident being captured on CCTV.

Police Clarify Synagogue Gate Ramming Incident: No Terrorism Involved, Investigation Ongoing

Authorities have clarified that last night’s incident involving a vehicle crashing into…