Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Israeli Drone Attack in Southern Lebanon Results in 5 Deaths, Including 3 Children
  • Local news

Israeli Drone Attack in Southern Lebanon Results in 5 Deaths, Including 3 Children

    Israeli drone strike kills 5, including 3 children, in southern Lebanon
    Up next
    Grab This $190 MacBook Air for Travel, Meetings, and Working on the Go
    Snag This $190 MacBook Air for Traveling, Business Meetings, and On-the-Go Work
    Published on 21 September 2025
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • children,
    • drone,
    • Hassan Fadlallah,
    • including,
    • Israeli,
    • Joseph Aoun,
    • kills,
    • Lebanon,
    • Southern,
    • strike,
    • world news
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest

    BEIRUT – A drone strike by Israel in southern Lebanon resulted in the deaths of five individuals on Sunday, including three children, according to Lebanon’s Health Ministry. The children and their father, who were among the victims, held U.S. citizenship, stated Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri.

    Two others were wounded, including the mother in the family.

    Officials at the U.S. Embassy in Beirut could not immediately be reached for comment.

    Although a ceasefire was agreed upon in November to conclude Israel’s lengthy conflict with the Hezbollah militant group, Israel has continued operations in southern and eastern Lebanon nearly every day since.

    The Israeli military reported it was targeting a Hezbollah militant, noting that the individual “operated from within a civilian area.” They admitted civilian casualties occurred and indicated they are assessing the situation.

    A statement from the military read, “The IDF is acting against Hezbollah and will persist in efforts to eliminate threats to the State of Israel.”

    Israel consistently claims its operations target Hezbollah operatives or facilities in the ravaged southern part of Lebanon. While Hezbollah has only admitted to one cross-border attack since the ceasefire, Israel alleges the group is attempting to restore its operational strength.

    Lebanese authorities have cautioned that the ongoing airstrikes could jeopardize the nation’s strides towards disarming Hezbollah and might destabilize the region. Hezbollah insists it has no military presence south of the Litani River and remains firm that disarmament discussions will not proceed unless Israel halts attacks and withdraws from southern Lebanon.

    President Joseph Aoun, who earlier landed in New York ahead of the United Nations General Assembly, condemned the strike and called on the international community to pressure Israel to stop. Aoun, alongside Prime Minister Nawaf Salam, endorsed an agreement last month that would gradually disarm Hezbollah.

    “There is no peace above the blood of our children,” said Aoun in a statement from his office.

    The monthslong war between Hezbollah and Israel killed some 4,000 people in Lebanon and displaced residents across southern and eastern Lebanon.

    Prime Minister Salam called the attack a “message of intimidation targeting our people returning to their villages in the south.”

    Hezbollah officials say the ongoing strikes justify their refusal to give up their arms, and claim that the ceasefire agreement and monitoring mechanism with the United States, France, and United Nations peacekeeping forces is ineffective.

    “They have proven once again that resorting to official protection under international auspices has not provided them with security and stability,” said Hezbollah parliamentarian Hassan Fadlallah.

    Under the Washington-brokered ceasefire, both the militant Hezbollah group and Israel were supposed to withdraw their forces from southern Lebanon and halt strikes against each other. Israeli forces have continue to occupy five Lebanese hilltop points by the border.

    Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like
    Iran and the US lean into gunboat diplomacy as nuclear talks hang in balance
    • Local news

    Iran and the US Resort to Naval Maneuvers Amid Uncertain Nuclear Negotiations

    DUBAI – In a striking display of military posturing, both Iran and…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Florida shark bites were below average in 2025, report finds
    • Local news

    2025 Sees a Dip in Florida Shark Bites: What the Latest Report Reveals

    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The latest update from the Florida Museum of Natural…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026

    Lady Bucs Set Sights on Victory Against UNC Greensboro Today

    The East Tennessee State University (ETSU) women’s basketball team is gearing up…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026

    Breaking News: Sullivan County Commission Set to Deliberate on Critical Homeland Security and ICE Resolutions

    The Sullivan County Commission in Tennessee is preparing to deliberate on two…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026

    Hawkins County Primary Election: Upcoming Developments and Next Steps

    In Hawkins County, Tennessee, local voters are gearing up for a significant…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Daytona Beach police review handling of suspect in teen slashing case
    • Local news

    Daytona Beach Police Under Scrutiny for Handling of Teen Slashing Suspect

    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A 13-year-old boy was injured in a knife…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Asian shares advance, tracking a Wall St rally led by Nvidia
    • Local news

    Asian Markets Surge Following Wall Street Rally Driven by Nvidia Gains

    On Thursday, Asian markets enjoyed a positive upswing, inspired by a robust…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    The former Prince Andrew went from helicopter pilot to trade envoy to royal pariah
    • Local news

    From Royal Highs to Public Lows: The Dramatic Fall of Former Prince Andrew

    LONDON – Once considered the favored child of Queen Elizabeth II, Prince…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Florida state Rep. Kevin Steele backs out of CFO race
    • Local news

    Florida State Rep. Kevin Steele Withdraws from Chief Financial Officer Race

    PASCO COUNTY, Fla. – State Representative Kevin Steele has decided to withdraw…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    College student dies in tragic ski accident at Wisconsin resort, marking second death within a month
    • US

    Tragic Skiing Incident Claims Second Student’s Life at Wisconsin Resort in One Month

    A tragic ski accident claimed the life of a 20-year-old college student…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Karren Brady, 56, shows off ageless looks and dramatic weight loss in very glamorous behind the scenes snaps after displaying her unfiltered complexion on The Apprentice
    • Health

    Karren Brady, 56, Reveals Stunning Transformation and Glamorous Style in Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos

    Karren Brady has once again captivated audiences, this time through a series…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    Possum Alert: The Unseen Indicator of Australia’s Looming Extinction Crisis

    In Brief The lemuroid ringtail possum is one of 34 species that…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Avalanche survivors tried to dig friends out of giant snow pack
    • US

    Heroic Rescue: Survivors Battle Massive Snow Pack to Save Friends in Avalanche Aftermath

    Details have emerged about the harrowing moments after a tragic avalanche near…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.