Musk says he regrets posts targeting Trump that 'went too far'


Musk Expresses Regret Over His Posts Criticizing Trump for Being Excessive

() Billionaire Elon Musk expressed regret Wednesday over some of his recent comments targeting President Donald Trump, admitting they went “too far.”

The move marked a turnaround from last week, when the two engaged in a heated public feud on social media. Early Wednesday morning, Musk posted on his social platform X that some of his posts targeting the president “went too far.”

Their fallout began over a disagreement regarding Trump’s “big, beautiful bill.” The conflict quickly escalated and became personal. Musk suggested Trump wouldn’t have won the election without his support and accused Trump, without evidence, of being tied to the Jeffrey Epstein files.

Trump: No problem if Elon Musk calls me 

Despite the tension, Trump said the two haven’t spoken since, and he wouldn’t mind if Musk reached out.

“I haven’t really thought about it, actually. I would imagine he wants to speak to me. I would think that,” Trump said while speaking to reporters Monday. “If I were him, I’d want to speak to me, but maybe he has already called. You’d have to ask him. Ask him whether or not he’s already called, but I’d have no problem with it.”  

The feud appeared to begin after Musk stepped down from his role at the Department of Government Efficiency and began openly criticizing Trump’s legislative agenda. Some of Musk’s posts on X have since been deleted.

Trump retaliated, warning Musk could face “serious consequences” if he supported Democratic lawmakers in the upcoming 2026 midterms, though he did not elaborate on what those might be.

Musk’s companies have billions of dollars in contracts with the federal government most notably SpaceX, which shuttles NASA astronauts to and from the International Space Station.

Elon Musk’s father: Stress led to Trump-Musk feud

Speaking in Russia this week, Musk’s father, Errol Musk, claimed the feud was caused by intense stress from his work within the Trump administration.

“When he was presented with a budget that in no way represented savings, he stood by his principles and said, ‘I’m not prepared to support this, this is wrong,’ and so therefore I stand by my son,” Errol Musk said.

Musk’s father added that he believes the two will eventually reconcile their friendship.

You May Also Like

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. – A razor-thin Republican primary contest for Florida’s Congressional…

Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is asking a federal judge to deny…

Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak

BUNIA – Congo has taken delivery of more than 16,000 doses of…