Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Oregon Officials Announce Trump’s Plan to Send 200 National Guard Troops to the State
  • Local news

Oregon Officials Announce Trump’s Plan to Send 200 National Guard Troops to the State

  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Oregon leaders say Trump is deploying 200 National Guard troops within the state

Up next

Michigan officials found additional bodies, raising fatal victim count to four

More Bodies Discovered in Michigan, Fatalities Now at Four

Published on 29 September 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

Oregon Officials Announce Trump’s Plan to Send 200 National Guard Troops to the State

WASHINGTON – The federal government is mobilizing 200 members of the Oregon National Guard to safeguard immigration enforcement officials and governmental sites, according to a Defense Department memo seen by state authorities on Sunday.

This mobilization, occurring despite opposition from state officials, mirrors an operation from the previous summer in Los Angeles, where protests occurred against deportation actions, though this deployment is notably smaller.

The White House has not offered an immediate response. Efforts to reach Pentagon officials yielded no confirmations or refutations regarding the memo’s legitimacy.

President Donald Trump made an announcement on Saturday about dispatching troops to Portland. The state’s governor, Democrat Tina Kotek, expressed her disapproval of this deployment during discussions with the president on Sunday.

“Oregon is our home — not a military target,” she said in a statement.

Dan Rayfield, the state attorney general, said he was filing a federal lawsuit arguing that Trump was overstepping his authority.

“What we’re seeing is not about public safety,” he asserted. “It’s about the president flexing political muscle under the guise of law and order, chasing a media hit at the expense of our community.”

The memorandum from the Pentagon provided to Oregon authorities drew a parallel between the deployment of thousands of National Guard troops to Los Angeles in June and the proposed action in the state, stating, “This memorandum further implements the President’s direction.”

While the memorandum does not specifically cite Portland as the target of the proposed deployment, Trump, in a social media post on Saturday, said he directed the Pentagon, at the request of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem, “to provide all necessary Troops to protect War ravaged Portland, and any of our ICE Facilities under siege from attack by Antifa, and other domestic terrorists.”

“I am also authorizing Full Force, if necessary,” Trump added.

Unlike in Los Angeles, it does not appear that Trump or Hegseth are currently directing the deployment of active-duty troops to the state. The Trump administration deployed about 700 active-duty Marines to Los Angeles though they were withdrawn just over a month later.

The action also would be far less than Trump’s deployment to Washington, D.C., where more than 1,000 National Guard troops, including units from other states, have patrolled the streets for weeks. He also has been suggesting that he will send troops into Chicago, but so far has not done so.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Brevard Deputy Clocked at 111 MPH, No Super Speeder Arrest - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Brevard Deputy Clocked at 111 MPH, No Super Speeder Arrest

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. – Brevard County’s 2025 Deputy of the Year was…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Parramore Cheer and Dance Program Works to Prevent Heat-Related Fainting Among Young Girls - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Parramore Cheer and Dance Program Works to Prevent Heat-Related Fainting Among Young Girls

ORLANDO, Fla. – In Orlando’s Parramore neighborhood, Pure Pressure Cheer and Dance…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Alibaba Profit Plunges 75% as AI Spending Weighs on Quarterly Results - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Alibaba Profit Plunges 75% as AI Spending Weighs on Quarterly Results

HONG KONG – Alibaba posted a steep 75% decline in quarterly profit…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Police ID Chucky-Mask Suspect Accused of Terrorizing Philly Women - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Police ID Chucky-Mask Suspect Accused of Terrorizing Philly Women

Philadelphia police say they have identified the masked suspect accused of frightening…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Urgent UK Salmonella Warning Over Egg Handling Mistakes - Internewscast Journal
  • Health

Urgent UK Salmonella Warning Over Egg Handling Mistakes

A kitchen hygiene expert has outlined practical ways to lower the risk…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Stress-Free Back-to-School: 10 Essentials Parents Forget - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Stress-Free Back-to-School: 10 Essentials Parents Forget

As a participant in multiple affiliate marketing programs, Localish may earn a…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Physicist’s Doomsday Prediction Claims World Could End This Year - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Physicist’s Doomsday Prediction Claims World Could End This Year

A stark forecast about humanity’s future is drawing fresh attention, with a…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.