Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Paris Prosecutor Reveals Louvre Heist Suspects’ Previous Theft Conviction History
  • Local news

Paris Prosecutor Reveals Louvre Heist Suspects’ Previous Theft Conviction History

  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Paris prosecutor: 2 Louvre heist suspects had prior theft conviction together

Up next

Taylor Swift shows off engagement ring on girls' night out

Taylor Swift Unveils Stunning Engagement Ring During Glamorous Girls’ Night Out

Published on 02 November 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


Paris Prosecutor Reveals Louvre Heist Suspects’ Previous Theft Conviction History

PARIS – In a dramatic turn of events surrounding the Louvre jewel heist, two of the suspects now in custody share a criminal past, having been convicted in a joint theft case a decade ago. This revelation was made by the Paris prosecutor as three out of four alleged members of the heist team face charges.

Laure Beccuau, the prosecutor, disclosed that the DNA of a 37-year-old suspect, who was charged on Saturday, was found inside the basket lift used to access the museum’s window. This individual faces preliminary charges of theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy, with a criminal history that includes 11 prior convictions, predominantly for theft.

Additionally, a 39-year-old suspect, charged with similar offenses earlier in the week, holds a record with 15 convictions, including two for theft. Beccuau highlighted the intriguing connection between their criminal backgrounds, stating, “What’s interesting about these records, when we compare them, is that … we see that they were both involved in the same theft case, for which they were convicted in Paris in 2015.”

A third suspect, aged 34, also believed to be a member of the “commando” team, as the French media refers to the group, has been charged in connection with the daring heist. This investigation continues to unravel, shedding light on the intricate networks of organized crime operating in the heart of Paris.

“What’s interesting about these records, when we compare them, is that … we see that they were both involved in the same theft case, for which they were convicted in Paris in 2015,” Beccuau said.

Another man aged 34 suspected of being part of the “commando” team, as French media have dubbed the thieves, was also charged this week.

A 38-year-old woman who was handed preliminary charges of “complicity” on Saturday is the longtime partner of the 37-year-old suspect, Beccuau said, noting some “closeness” between all suspects.

All four are being held in custody.

Beccuau declined to answer a question about whether investigators are getting closer to finding the jewels.

“We are examining all the possibilities on the parallel market for selling this jewelry, which I hope will not happen anytime soon. … It could be used for money laundering, it could be used for trade, all leads are being explored,” she said.

Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez said he remains “optimistic” about the investigation, in an interview with Le Parisien newspaper Saturday.

“There are four perpetrators, at least one of whom remains at large, plus possibly the one or those who ordered the crime and the jewelry,” Nuñez said.

“I have great confidence in the work of the police, so I’m optimistic. But my optimism doesn’t extend to thinking that the loot will be recovered quickly,” he added.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Deputies: Suspect Accused of Attempted Murder in Orlando Shooting - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Deputies: Suspect Accused of Attempted Murder in Orlando Shooting

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. – A 24-year-old man has been arrested after investigators…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Florida Emergency Management Chief Kevin Guthrie Resigns to Join Collins Campaign Ticket - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Florida Emergency Management Chief Kevin Guthrie Resigns to Join Collins Campaign Ticket

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida Emergency Management Director Kevin Guthrie stepped down Tuesday,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Amendment 3 Explained: Tax Cut or Fiscal Time Bomb? - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Amendment 3 Explained: Tax Cut or Fiscal Time Bomb?

ORLANDO, Fla. – Florida’s Amendment 3 is drawing sharply divided reactions across…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
TV Doctor Urges Andy Burnham to Confront UK Life Expectancy Gap ‘National Crisis’ - Internewscast Journal
  • Health

TV Doctor Urges Andy Burnham to Confront UK Life Expectancy Gap ‘National Crisis’

Dr Amir Khan, the GP, broadcaster and author, has warned that widening…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Tupac Shakur Family Splits as Court Shows Autopsy Photos - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Tupac Shakur Family Splits as Court Shows Autopsy Photos

Testimony continued Tuesday for a second day in the trial of Duane…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Texas Teen Seeks New Trial in Fatal Track Meet Stabbing - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Texas Teen Seeks New Trial in Fatal Track Meet Stabbing

DALLAS — A Texas teen found guilty in the fatal stabbing of…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Penn State Fraternity Cocaine Ring Busted After Obvious Mistake - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Penn State Fraternity Cocaine Ring Busted After Obvious Mistake

A Penn State fraternity member accused of operating a cocaine distribution scheme…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.