'Our house is destroyed': Pasco County mistake floods home with sewage
Share this @internewscast.com

PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — It’s a “sewage nightmare.”

So says a Port Richey man who told 8 On Your Side the county pumped waste into his house.

Now, the county is offering to help, but he says it’s not enough.

It was around 1:30 p.m. on March 26 when Slawomir Odrzywolski said he got a desperate call for help from his wife.

“She called me crying, and I said, ‘What happened honey, what’s going on?'” he explained. “She said, ‘Our house is destroyed, it’s covered with, I don’t want to say the word, but sewage’.”

Odrzywolski said the county is to blame and he wants to be compensated.

“All the pressure went back to my toilets, showers, everywhere,” he said. “Every single hole in the entire house connected with the sewage was disgusting.”

News Channel 8’s Nicole Rogers asked, “What would they have to do to make your house a home again?”

“The walls got to be cut about two feet,” Odrzywolski responded. “The walls must be cut, then rebuild that.”

“Every cabinet in the entire house need to be replaced,” he continued.

Pasco County officials sent the following statement to 8 On Your Side:

“Pasco County was working on a sewer line in the area when sewage accidentally backed up into the home. Pasco immediately hired a local cleaning company for $2,400 to perform the initial clean-up that day. Based on a reputable local contractor’s estimate, the county is offering about $26,000 for further remediation and an additional $5,000 for incidentals. The county will also consider providing additional compensation if the contractor finds the initial estimate will not cover all necessary repairs/remediation.”

Sarah Andeara, Public Information Officer for Pasco County

Rogers asked Odrzywolski, “So the city tried to make it right, but you’re saying that’s not enough?”

“It’s way not enough,” he responded. “The demolition guys are telling me $16,000 just for the demolition.”

“Imagine, put everything back, the cabinets, flooring, all that for another $14,000?” he continued. “That’s impossible.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

A Catholic Priest Fatally Shot by a Man at Kansas Parish Rectory

SENECA, Kan. – A Catholic priest was shot and killed Thursday by…

Central Florida Animal Shelter Looking for Temporary Foster Homes During Renovation Work

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – As Osceola County Animal Services works to improve…

Help Celebrate a Piatt Co. Girl with Rare Gene Mutation on Her 4th Birthday: Gift Donation Guide

PIERSON STATION, Ill. (WCIA) — Amelia, a girl from Pierson Station born…

The South and Midwest Confront Severe Rain and Flood Threats Amid Tornado Aftermath

LAKE CITY, Ark. – Parts of the Midwest and South faced the…

Britain and France Accuse Russia of Stalling Ceasefire Talks, Urge Putin to Respond to US

BRUSSELS – Britain and France on Friday accused Russian President Vladimir Putin…

Teens Accused of Starting Major Wildfire in South Carolina Mountains

PICKENS, S.C. (AP) — Two wildfires that started lose to each other…

Tune In Live at 10 a.m.: Trooper Steve Explores Conway Road Construction

ORLANDO, Fla. – Happy Friday, everyone! It’s the end of the week,…

Wrestling with Belief: England’s Unique Church Combines Faith and Wrestling

SHIPLEY – Sitting around a wrestling ring, churchgoers roared as local hero…

Roughly 500 law firms join forces to contest Trump’s executive orders aimed at the legal profession.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump’s executive orders targeting the legal community pose…

Mike O’Conor Hits His Stride with EIU Baseball

CHARLESTON, Ill. (WCIA) — It’s been an up-and-down season so far for…

Got Invited to the Met Gala but Have Nothing to Wear? Consider a Stylish ‘Superfine’ Suit

NEW YORK – What’s in a suit? According to curators busy prepping…

Helene and two other hurricane names have been retired

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) has officially…