Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Prince Harry’s Candid TV Interview Highlights Both Complaints and Forgiveness
  • Local news

Prince Harry’s Candid TV Interview Highlights Both Complaints and Forgiveness

    Grievances and forgiveness were both on display in Prince Harry's raw TV interview
    Up next
    World may be ‘post-herd immunity’ to measles, top US scientist says
    Global ‘Post-Herd Immunity’ Era for Measles, Warns Leading US Scientist
    Published on 03 May 2025
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • and,
    • Anthony Seldon,
    • both,
    • Camilla,
    • display,
    • Entertainment,
    • Forgiveness,
    • grievances,
    • Harry039s,
    • interview,
    • King Charles III,
    • Prince,
    • Prince Harry,
    • Queen Elizabeth II,
    • Raw,
    • the Queen Consort,
    • were,
    • world news
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest

    LONDON – The division between Prince Harry and his family has once more become evident following his candid television interview after a legal defeat concerning his security arrangements.

    In an extensive and occasionally heartfelt discussion, the 40-year-old prince expressed his desire for reconciliation while revisiting issues with the royal family, the U.K. government, and the press.

    Here are key takeaways from Friday’s BBC interview:

    A security feud has deepened the royal rift

    Harry mentioned that his father, King Charles III, refuses to communicate with him due to “this security issue” – a legal dispute over his protection while in the United Kingdom.

    “This, at the heart of it, is a family dispute,” he said.

    Harry has been estranged from his family since he and his wife Meghan quit royal duties in 2020 and moved to the United States, alleging hostility and racist attitudes by the press and royal establishment. Harry’s tell-all 2023 memoir “Spare,” stuffed with private details and embarrassing revelations, made things worse.

    But Harry said what’s souring the relationship now is a decision to remove his police protection detail after he stopped being a working royal. On Friday the Court of Appeal in London rejected Harry’s bid to restore the protection, saying a government committee was justified in deciding that security arrangements should be decided on a case-by-case basis whenever Harry visits the U.K.

    Harry blamed the palace, alleging that the decision to withdraw his security had been made at the direction of royal officials, who sit on the committee alongside representatives from the police and government. He said they were “knowingly putting me and my family in harm’s way,” hoping that the sense of threat “would force us to come back.”

    He suggested his father was part of the problem, saying he’d asked the king “to step out of the way and let the experts do their job.”

    Harry highlighted health concerns about the king

    King Charles, 76, has been treated for an undisclosed cancer for more than a year. Buckingham Palace has given infrequent updates, and has not disclosed what form of cancer the king has.

    Harry, who has met his father only once, briefly, since his diagnosis early last year, said “I don’t know how much longer my father has.”

    He held out little hope of another meeting soon.

    “The only time I come back to the U.K., is, sadly, for funerals or court cases,” he said.

    After taking several months off last year, Charles has returned to a full slate of public duties. This week he told a reception for cancer charities that being diagnosed was “a daunting and at times frightening experience.” He added: “I can vouch for the fact that it can also be an experience that brings into sharp focus the very best of humanity.”

    Harry fears for his life and safety

    Harry has well-founded concerns for the safety of himself and his family.

    He is fifth in line to the throne, behind his brother William and William’s three children. He spent 10 years in the British army, serving two tours of duty in Afghanistan in the war against the Taliban. Harry’s lawyer said in court papers that al-Qaida had published a document that said Harry’s assassination would please Muslims.

    Harry said that before 2020 he was placed in the highest tier of risk for royals, alongside his late grandmother Queen Elizabeth II.

    Since then, he has been stripped of government-funded police protection, and also denied permission to pay for it himself, leaving private security his only option – something he says leaves him at risk.

    “Whether I have an official role or not is irrelevant to the threat risk,” Harry said.

    He claimed that “some people want history to repeat itself,” an apparent reference to the death of his mother Princess Diana. She was killed in a car crash in Paris in 1997 while being pursued by paparazzi.

    He worries his children will lose part of their heritage

    Harry, Meghan and their children Archie, 5, and 3-year-old Lilibet, currently live in California, and Harry said he “can’t see a world in which I would be bringing my wife and children back to the U.K.”

    The prince said he loves Britain and “it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show my children my homeland.”

    Harry claimed that he and his family are endangered when visiting Britain because of hostility aimed at him and Meghan on social media and through relentless hounding by news media.

    Harry wants reconciliation with his family – but it may not be imminent

    Harry’s explosive memoir “Spare” scattered bitterness and blame at Charles, Queen Camilla – Harry’s stepmother – and his elder brother William.

    In the interview, he said he could forgive his family, and even the British press that he reviles and has repeatedly sued, for their role in events of recent years.

    “I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore,” Harry said.

    Historian Anthony Seldon said Harry had chosen his words deliberately to signal he “wants to make a new start.”

    “From this point on, from this speech, there will not be a significant turn back again. There will be no more spiteful books,” Seldon told Sky News. “He has signaled he wants to be back in a way that needs to be worked out.”

    Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like
    Venezuelan leader Maduro may seem desperate. But his loyalty vs punishment strategy is hard to crack
    • Local news

    Venezuelan President Maduro’s Complex Strategy: Balancing Loyalty and Punishment

    CARACAS – In a surprising twist of attitude, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro,…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Trump’s pardon of ex-Honduran president Hernández injects wild card into election
    • Local news

    Trump’s Surprising Pardon of Ex-Honduran President Hernández Could Reshape U.S. Election Dynamics

    TEGUCIGALPA – As Honduras gears up to elect its next president, the…
    • Internewscast
    • November 29, 2025
    British playwright Tom Stoppard, who won Academy Award for 'Shakespeare In Love,' has died at 88
    • Local news

    Renowned British Playwright and Oscar Winner Tom Stoppard Passes Away at 88

    LONDON – Celebrated British playwright Tom Stoppard, renowned for his witty and…
    • Internewscast
    • November 29, 2025
    A lost generation of news consumers? Survey shows how teenagers dislike the news media
    • Local news

    Survey Reveals Teenagers’ Growing Disinterest in Traditional News Media

    NEW YORK – From a young age, Cat Murphy had a clear…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Hondurans to elect new president in close race under the shadow of Trump's surprise intervention
    • Local news

    Honduras Prepares for Tight Presidential Race Amid Unexpected Trump Influence

    TEGUCIGALPA – As Honduras approaches its presidential election this Sunday, the nation…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Pope wraps up Turkey visit and heads to Beirut to try to give Lebanese hope after years of crises
    • Local news

    Pope Concludes Turkey Visit, Sets Sights on Beirut to Inspire Hope Amid Lebanon’s Ongoing Challenges

    ISTANBUL – Concluding his visit to Turkey, Pope Leo XIV is now…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025

    FC Alliance North Girls Triumph in State Championship Victory

    A team from the FC Alliance North soccer club recently returned to…
    • Internewscast
    • November 29, 2025

    Revitalize Your Community: How Small Business Saturday Empowers Local Shops and Drives Sales

    In Johnson City, Tennessee, enthusiastic shoppers faced chilly temperatures on Saturday to…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Why doing good also makes us feel good, during the holidays and beyond
    • Local news

    Unwrapping Joy: How Acts of Kindness Boost Wellbeing During the Holidays and Year-Round

    WASHINGTON – As the holiday season approaches, it’s not only a time…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Republican U.S. Rep. Troy Nehls of Texas says he will retire in 2026
    • Local news

    Texas Congressman Troy Nehls Announces Retirement Plans for 2026

    In a recent announcement, Republican U.S. Representative Troy Nehls from Texas revealed…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Trump says Venezuelan airspace should be viewed as closed. Maduro government slams 'colonial threat'
    • Local news

    Trump Calls for Closure of Venezuelan Airspace Amid Tensions: Maduro Decries ‘Colonial Threat

    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – On Saturday, President Donald Trump declared that…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025

    Shocking Revelation: Attorney Alleges Travis Turner Departed with Firearm – Full Statement Inside

    BIG STONE GAP, Va. (WJHL) — Travis Turner’s family attorney has issued…
    • Internewscast
    • November 29, 2025
    Man's abuse during diaper change sent kid to hospital: Cops
    • Crime

    Shocking Incident: Child Hospitalized After Alleged Abuse During Diaper Change—Police Investigate

    Share A troubling incident in Kentucky has led to the arrest of…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    The ‘illegal orders’ minefield, a food-price win for Americans and other commentary
    • US

    Navigating Controversial Commands: A Breakthrough in Food Prices Benefits Americans Amidst Debate

    Mutiny watch: The ‘Illegal Orders’ Minefield Joshua Braver, writing for The Wall…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Trump shares claims Afghans behead anyone with a NESPRESSO machine
    • News

    Trump Alleges That Afghans Target Individuals Possessing Nespresso Machines

    In a recent social media post, former President Donald Trump sparked controversy…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Tense moment Reeves refuses to meet Kemi Badenoch's eye in TV showdown
    • News

    Reeves Avoids Direct Eye Contact with Kemi Badenoch During Tense Television Debate

    Rachel Reeves avoided making eye contact with Kemi Badenoch today after the…
    • Internewscast
    • November 30, 2025
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.