Posters show proposed Golden Dome for America
Share this @internewscast.com

() President Donald Trump’s “Golden Dome” missile defense system will be comprised of four layers and faces a 2028 deadline, according to a Pentagon presentation first reported by Reuters.

After the slides were presented at a summit for defense industry experts in Huntsville, Alabama, last week, the American public has a clearer idea of how Trump’s project would work.

The administration’s hallmark defense project will be comprised of four layers one space-based and responsible for sensing and tracking missile attacks, and three land-based, equipped with interceptors, radars and potentially lasers. 

The plans also include 11 short-range missile batteries across the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska.

The multilayered defense system, modeled after Israel’s “Iron Dome,” would utilize new and existing defense technologies.

“The Iron Dome is a fantastic example of what can be done for ballistic missile defense and other threats,” Sen. Tim Sheehy, R-Mont., said in May.

  • Posters show proposed Golden Dome for America
  • President Trump next to poster showing proposed Golden Dome for America
  • President Donald Trump

Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Boeing are on the short list for the project. One notable omission is Elon Musk’s SpaceX, which was not mentioned in the presentation, according to Reuters.

In April, Musk admitted as much: “Our strong preference would be to stay focused on taking humanity to Mars. If the President asks us to help in this regard, we will do so, but I hope that other companies (not SpaceX) can do this.”

Northrop Grumman Vice President Raymond Sharp said his company is “all in on Golden Dome,” in a statement to .

“We have a ready-now portfolio of products that are already fielded around the world from space and air-based missile warning and tracking systems, advanced processing and ground systems, and intercept capabilities,” Sharp continued.

The Pentagon told it was currently gathering information from “industry, academia, national labs, and other government agencies for support” on the project, but could not confirm any additional details.

Concerns have grown over logistical challenges and how the majority of the project will be funded. Congress appropriated $25 billion in July for the project, and Trump’s 2026 budget request included an additional $45 million, though the project is estimated to cost $175 billion.

Space Force Gen. Michael Guetlein was unanimously confirmed by the Senate on July 17 to lead the project.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Daytona Beach Police Under Scrutiny for Handling of Teen Slashing Suspect

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A 13-year-old boy was injured in a knife…

Hawkins County Primary Election: Upcoming Developments and Next Steps

In Hawkins County, Tennessee, local voters are gearing up for a significant…

2025 Sees a Dip in Florida Shark Bites: What the Latest Report Reveals

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The latest update from the Florida Museum of Natural…

President Trump Announces Imminent Declassification of UFO and Alien Files: A Historic Disclosure

President Donald Trump has made headlines once again with a recent post…

Breaking News: Sullivan County Commission Set to Deliberate on Critical Homeland Security and ICE Resolutions

The Sullivan County Commission in Tennessee is preparing to deliberate on two…

Juvenile Arrested in Connection with Kingsport Murder: Breaking News Update

In the heart of Kingsport, Tennessee, a tragic incident has left the…

Saudi Arabia’s Potential Uranium Enrichment: U.S. Deal Raises Global Concerns, Experts Warn

DUBAI – According to congressional records and insights from an arms control…

Florida State Rep. Kevin Steele Withdraws from Chief Financial Officer Race

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. – State Representative Kevin Steele has decided to withdraw…

Florida House Approves Budget Amid Speaker’s Caution Against Rushed Timeline

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The House has successfully passed its proposed budget of…

Judge Rejects Stand Your Ground Defense in St. Cloud Road-Rage Incident

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – A judge has dismissed a man’s self-defense claim…