Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news “Swimmers Return to New Smyrna Beach with Caution Following Shark Bite Incident”
  • Local news

“Swimmers Return to New Smyrna Beach with Caution Following Shark Bite Incident”

    ‘You just got to be careful’: Swimmers take to New Smyrna Beach after shark bite
    Up next
    Cartel Gunmen in Mexico Use New Tactic to Hide Police Attacks --- Fake Crashes
    Mexican Cartel Gunmen Use Fake Accidents to Conceal Attacks on Police
    Published on 20 July 2025
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • After,
    • beach,
    • bite,
    • Careful,
    • got,
    • just,
    • New,
    • New Smyrna Beach,
    • shark,
    • shark bite,
    • sharks,
    • Smyrna,
    • swimmers,
    • take,
    • Volusia County,
    • you
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest

    NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. – With the ongoing heatwave in Central Florida, many people sought relief by heading to the beach, even though a recent shark incident had some exercising more care in the water.

    On Friday, while surfing in New Smyrna Beach near Beach Community Park, an 18-year-old was bitten on the foot by a shark during a summer surfing camp. Volusia County officials reported to News 6 that he was taken to the hospital, but his injuries were not life-threatening.

    Despite the shark bite making news statewide, visitors still flocked to the beach on Saturday to beat the heat. They remained vigilant and more mindful of their surroundings while enjoying the ocean.

    “There’s been a lot of shark attacks. You just got to be careful, make sure you’re looking at the water,” beachgoer Tiffany S. said.

    “Pay attention to like, the flags because they you definitely have an impact on like the water and like how you might swim differently,” Pamela G., another beachgoer, said.

    According to the International Shark Attack File’s 2024 shark attack report, Florida topped the list for most unprovoked shark bites in the U.S. with 14 last year, eight of which were in Volusia County. We also accounted for 30 percent of all unprovoked bites worldwide.

    “This is the fourth shark bite in 2025,” a Volusia County spokesperson told News 6 after the bite on Friday.

    The same report finds that the total number of unprovoked shark bites worldwide remains extremely low.

    “There are always more and more deaths in car crashes than there are by sharks. So, nothing to be afraid of,” beachgoer Adam Lopez said.

    While we do lead the way in unprovoked attacks, people who call the beach a home away from home will not let that stop them from getting in the water.

    “Sharks are way more scared of you than you are of them,” Brian Thompson, who visits the beach monthly, said.

    There could soon be a nationwide alert system that will notify people in the area of a shark bite, thanks to Lulu’s Law. The bill, recently passed in the U.S. Senate, would create an alert system that would send people a notification if a shark bite is reported near them. It now heads to the U.S. House.

    Copyright 2025 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like

    Hawkins County Primary Election: Upcoming Developments and Next Steps

    In Hawkins County, Tennessee, local voters are gearing up for a significant…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Florida state Rep. Kevin Steele backs out of CFO race
    • Local news

    Florida State Rep. Kevin Steele Withdraws from Chief Financial Officer Race

    PASCO COUNTY, Fla. – State Representative Kevin Steele has decided to withdraw…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Florida shark bites were below average in 2025, report finds
    • Local news

    2025 Sees a Dip in Florida Shark Bites: What the Latest Report Reveals

    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The latest update from the Florida Museum of Natural…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Saudi Arabia may have uranium enrichment under proposed deal with US, arms control experts warn
    • Local news

    Saudi Arabia’s Potential Uranium Enrichment: U.S. Deal Raises Global Concerns, Experts Warn

    DUBAI – According to congressional records and insights from an arms control…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    Breaking News: Sullivan County Commission Set to Deliberate on Critical Homeland Security and ICE Resolutions

    The Sullivan County Commission in Tennessee is preparing to deliberate on two…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Florida House passes budget, but speaker warns against ‘artificial deadline’
    • Local news

    Florida House Approves Budget Amid Speaker’s Caution Against Rushed Timeline

    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The House has successfully passed its proposed budget of…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    Juvenile Arrested in Connection with Kingsport Murder: Breaking News Update

    In the heart of Kingsport, Tennessee, a tragic incident has left the…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    President Trump Announces Imminent Declassification of UFO and Alien Files: A Historic Disclosure

    President Donald Trump has made headlines once again with a recent post…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Judge denies Stand Your Ground defense after road-rage confrontation in St. Cloud
    • Local news

    Judge Rejects Stand Your Ground Defense in St. Cloud Road-Rage Incident

    OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – A judge has dismissed a man’s self-defense claim…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Daytona Beach police review handling of suspect in teen slashing case
    • Local news

    Daytona Beach Police Under Scrutiny for Handling of Teen Slashing Suspect

    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A 13-year-old boy was injured in a knife…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Clayton Dietz, accused of killing adoptive father hauled into court in handcuffs
    • US

    Shocking Courtroom Drama: Clayton Dietz Faces Justice in Adoptive Father’s Murder Case

    An 11-year-old, described as having a youthful appearance, faced the court in…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Andrew 'in peak fear' after arrest, body language expert claims
    • News

    Andrew’s Arrest: Body Language Expert Reveals Signs of ‘Peak Fear

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor appeared to be engulfed in a wave of intense apprehension…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Tom Homan: 'There Will Be Mass Deportation'
    • US

    Former ICE Director Tom Homan Predicts Surge in Mass Deportations Under New Immigration Policies

    On Thursday, during an appearance on “The Story” on Fox News Channel,…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Eugenie was on family skiing holiday when Andrew was arrested
    • News

    Princess Eugenie’s Ski Trip Unfolds Amidst Prince Andrew’s Arrest Drama

    Princess Eugenie’s Swiss ski getaway in Gstaad coincided with a tumultuous event…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.