Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Swiss Community Mourns as Heartbroken Mother Bids Farewell to Son After Tragic Fire
  • Local news

Swiss Community Mourns as Heartbroken Mother Bids Farewell to Son After Tragic Fire

  • 3 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
A mother says goodbye to her son as Swiss community grieves after deadly fire

Up next

All the Shocking Twists in a Millionaire Widow’s Death & the Tiny Detail That Changed It All

Unraveling the Millionaire Widow’s Death: The Surprising Twists and Crucial Detail That Transformed the Case

Published on 04 January 2026

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


Swiss Community Mourns as Heartbroken Mother Bids Farewell to Son After Tragic Fire

CRANS-MONTANA – On Sunday, a somber Mass was held in memory of the victims of the devastating New Year’s Eve blaze at a bar in the Swiss Alpine resort of Crans-Montana. The tragic incident claimed 40 lives and left many others with severe injuries. Grieving parents anxiously awaited updates about their children, while others began the painful journey of mourning their loss.

During the service at Chapelle Saint-Christophe in Crans-Montana, attendees, including gray-haired parents, teenagers, and law enforcement officers, found solace in each other’s company. Following the Mass, a silent march to the scene of the incident was planned to honor those affected by the tragedy.

Inside the crowded chapel, a heartbroken woman listened attentively to the multilingual readings, clutching her hands together and occasionally holding rosary beads. Despite the cold weather, hundreds gathered outside the church, watching the service on a screen.

The Rev. Gilles Cavin addressed the “terrible uncertainty” faced by families unsure of whether their loved ones were among the deceased or injured. “We pray for their friends struck by such sorrow on a day that was meant for celebration and camaraderie,” he expressed.

The inferno erupted at around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday at Le Constellation bar, resulting in the deaths of 40 individuals and injuring 119. Authorities have noted that many of the victims were young, ranging from their teens to mid-20s.

As of Sunday morning, Swiss officials announced that they had identified 24 of the 40 victims, including 18 Swiss nationals aged between 14 and 31, two 16-year-old Italians, a dual citizen of Italy and the UAE also aged 16, an 18-year-old Romanian, a 39-year-old French national, and an 18-year-old Turkish individual.

A grieving mother

One of the victims was 16-year old Arthur Brodard, whose mother had been frantically searching for him.

“Our Arthur has now left to party in paradise,” a visibly shaken Laetitia Brodard said in a Facebook story posted on Saturday night, speaking to camera. “We can start our mourning, knowing that he is in peace and in the light.”

Brodard’s frenzied search for her son reflected the desperation of families of the young people disappeared during the fire, who did not know whether their loved ones were dead or in the hospital.

Swiss authorities said the process of identifying victims was particularly hard because of the advanced degree of the burns, requiring the use of DNA samples. Brodard also had given her DNA sample to help in the identification process.

In her Facebook post, Brodard thanked those who “testified their compassion, their love” and to those who shared information as she anxiously searched and waited for news of her son. Other parents and siblings are still waiting in anguish.

Bar managers face a criminal investigation

Swiss authorities have opened a criminal investigation of the bar managers.

The two are suspected of involuntary homicide, involuntary bodily harm and involuntarily causing a fire, the Valais region’s chief prosecutor, Beatrice Pilloud, told reporters Saturday. The announcement of the investigation did not name the managers.

Investigators said Friday they believe sparkling candles atop Champagne bottles ignited the fire when they came too close to the ceiling of the crowded bar.

Authorities planned to look into whether sound-dampening material on the ceiling conformed with regulations and whether the candles were permitted for use in the bar. Officials said they also would look at other safety measures on the premises, including fire extinguishers and escape routes.

Swiss President Guy Parmelin announced a national day of mourning for the victims on Jan. 9.

France’s Health Minister Stéphanie Rist said 17 patients have received care in France, out of a total of 35 transferred from Switzerland to five European countries. Other patients were planned to be transferred to Germany, Italy and Belgium.

___

Associated Press writers Geir Moulson in Berlin, Sylvie Corbet in Paris and Claudia Ciobanu in Warsaw contributed to this report.

Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Sunday that vandals were responsible for…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War

A Russian court on Monday found a well-known opposition figure guilty over…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered

HARARE – Rescue teams in Zimbabwe continued searching Lake Kariba on Sunday…
  • Internewscast
  • August 16, 2026
Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks

JERUSALEM – Jared Kushner, the Mideast negotiator and son-in-law of Donald Trump,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Lady Louise and her boyfriend join Edward and Sophie for a double date
  • News

Lady Louise Windsor Brings Boyfriend on Royal Double Date

Lady Louise Windsor’s relationship with Felix da Silva-Clamp appears to have the…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Barefoot Long Island Runner John Mazzei Conquers Six Marathons - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Barefoot Long Island Runner John Mazzei Conquers Six Marathons

It’s one way to stay light on his feet. A Long Island…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Hawaii Doctor Gerhardt Konig Could Face New Trial Over Alleged Cliffside Attack on Wife - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Hawaii Doctor Gerhardt Konig Could Face New Trial Over Alleged Cliffside Attack on Wife

A Hawaii physician convicted of attacking his wife on a cliffside and…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Mysterious flashes light up desert near top-secret US military base
  • News

Mysterious Flashes Spotted Over Desert Near Top-Secret US Military Base

Strange flashes of brilliant light seen near a highly sensitive military installation…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.