Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Trump Calls for Closure of Venezuelan Airspace Amid Tensions: Maduro Decries ‘Colonial Threat
  • Local news

Trump Calls for Closure of Venezuelan Airspace Amid Tensions: Maduro Decries ‘Colonial Threat

    Trump says Venezuelan airspace should be viewed as closed. Maduro government slams 'colonial threat'
    Up next
    Mystery of Nikki Haley's son EXPOSED: Here's what his mom thinks...
    Unveiling Nikki Haley’s Son: The Surprising Insights from His Mother
    Published on 30 November 2025
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • 039colonial,
    • airspace,
    • Business,
    • closed,
    • Donald Trump,
    • Gerald Ford,
    • Government,
    • Maduro,
    • Nicolas Maduro,
    • says,
    • should,
    • slams,
    • threat039,
    • Trump,
    • Venezuelan,
    • viewed,
    • Washington news,
    • world news
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest


    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – On Saturday, President Donald Trump declared that the airspace “above and surrounding” Venezuela should be regarded as entirely “closed,” a statement that intensified scrutiny of U.S. actions against Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro. In response, Maduro’s administration accused Trump of issuing a “colonial threat” aimed at compromising the nation’s sovereignty.

    The White House did not clarify Trump’s post on his Truth Social platform, leaving it ambiguous whether he was introducing a new directive or simply reiterating his stance against Maduro. This stance has included various operations in the Caribbean and the eastern Pacific, targeting small vessels suspected of drug trafficking and escalating naval presence in those waters. These operations have resulted in over 80 fatalities since early September.

    In his address, Trump directed his call for an aerial blockade to “Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers,” rather than directly confronting Maduro.

    Venezuelan authorities strongly dismissed Trump’s airspace closure claim, labeling it as a “colonial threat” aimed at violating Venezuela’s “territorial integrity, aeronautical security, and complete sovereignty.”

    The Venezuelan Foreign Ministry described Trump’s remarks as a “hostile, unilateral, and arbitrary act.”

    Additionally, the statement highlighted that U.S. immigration officials had independently halted biweekly deportation flights of Venezuelan migrants. Following dialogues between the two nations, over 13,000 Venezuelans have been sent back to Venezuela this year on numerous chartered flights, the latest of which landed in Caracas on Friday, as per flight-tracking information.

    International airlines last week began to cancel flights to Venezuela after the Federal Aviation Administration told pilots to be cautious flying around the country because of heightened military activity.

    The FAA’s jurisdiction is generally limited to the United States and its territories. The agency does routinely warn pilots about the dangers of flying over areas with ongoing conflicts or military activity around the globe, as it did earlier this month with Venezuela. The FAA works with other countries and the International Civil Aviation Organization on international issues. The FAA and ICAO did not immediately respond to requests for comment Saturday.

    Trump’s administration has sought to ratchet up pressure on Maduro. The U.S. government does not view Maduro as the legitimate leader of the oil-rich but increasingly impoverished South American nation and he faces charges of narcoterrorism in the U.S.

    U.S. forces have conducted bomber flights near Venezuela and the USS Gerald R. Ford, America’s most advanced aircraft carrier, was sent to the area. The Ford rounds off the largest buildup of U.S. firepower in the region in generations. With its arrival, the “Operation Southern Spear” mission includes nearly a dozen Navy ships and about 12,000 sailors and Marines.

    There are bipartisan calls for greater oversight of the U.S. military strikes against vessels in the region after The Washington Post reported that Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth issued a verbal order for all crew members to be killed as part of the Sept. 2 attack on suspected drug smugglers.

    Republican Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and its top Democrat, Rhode Island Sen. Jack Reed, said in a joint statement late Friday that the committee “will be conducting vigorous oversight to determine the facts related to these circumstances.”

    Trump’s team has weighed both military and nonmilitary options with Venezuela, including covert action by the CIA.

    Trump has publicly floated the idea of talking to Maduro. The New York Times reported Friday that Trump and Maduro had spoken. The White House declined to answer questions about the conversation.

    ___

    Molina reported from Quito, Ecuador. Associated Press writer Josh Funk in Omaha, Nebraska, contributed to this report.

    Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like
    Florida House passes budget, but speaker warns against ‘artificial deadline’
    • Local news

    Florida House Approves Budget Amid Speaker’s Caution Against Rushed Timeline

    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The House has successfully passed its proposed budget of…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    Hawkins County Primary Election: Upcoming Developments and Next Steps

    In Hawkins County, Tennessee, local voters are gearing up for a significant…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Daytona Beach police review handling of suspect in teen slashing case
    • Local news

    Daytona Beach Police Under Scrutiny for Handling of Teen Slashing Suspect

    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A 13-year-old boy was injured in a knife…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Florida shark bites were below average in 2025, report finds
    • Local news

    2025 Sees a Dip in Florida Shark Bites: What the Latest Report Reveals

    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The latest update from the Florida Museum of Natural…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Saudi Arabia may have uranium enrichment under proposed deal with US, arms control experts warn
    • Local news

    Saudi Arabia’s Potential Uranium Enrichment: U.S. Deal Raises Global Concerns, Experts Warn

    DUBAI – According to congressional records and insights from an arms control…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    Juvenile Arrested in Connection with Kingsport Murder: Breaking News Update

    In the heart of Kingsport, Tennessee, a tragic incident has left the…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    Breaking News: Sullivan County Commission Set to Deliberate on Critical Homeland Security and ICE Resolutions

    The Sullivan County Commission in Tennessee is preparing to deliberate on two…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Florida state Rep. Kevin Steele backs out of CFO race
    • Local news

    Florida State Rep. Kevin Steele Withdraws from Chief Financial Officer Race

    PASCO COUNTY, Fla. – State Representative Kevin Steele has decided to withdraw…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Judge denies Stand Your Ground defense after road-rage confrontation in St. Cloud
    • Local news

    Judge Rejects Stand Your Ground Defense in St. Cloud Road-Rage Incident

    OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – A judge has dismissed a man’s self-defense claim…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026

    President Trump Announces Imminent Declassification of UFO and Alien Files: A Historic Disclosure

    President Donald Trump has made headlines once again with a recent post…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Clayton Dietz, accused of killing adoptive father hauled into court in handcuffs
    • US

    Shocking Courtroom Drama: Clayton Dietz Faces Justice in Adoptive Father’s Murder Case

    An 11-year-old, described as having a youthful appearance, faced the court in…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Andrew 'in peak fear' after arrest, body language expert claims
    • News

    Andrew’s Arrest: Body Language Expert Reveals Signs of ‘Peak Fear

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor appeared to be engulfed in a wave of intense apprehension…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Tom Homan: 'There Will Be Mass Deportation'
    • US

    Former ICE Director Tom Homan Predicts Surge in Mass Deportations Under New Immigration Policies

    On Thursday, during an appearance on “The Story” on Fox News Channel,…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Eugenie was on family skiing holiday when Andrew was arrested
    • News

    Princess Eugenie’s Ski Trip Unfolds Amidst Prince Andrew’s Arrest Drama

    Princess Eugenie’s Swiss ski getaway in Gstaad coincided with a tumultuous event…
    • Internewscast
    • February 20, 2026
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.