Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Trump Issues Executive Order to Safeguard Venezuelan Oil Assets Amid Economic Turmoil
  • Local news

Trump Issues Executive Order to Safeguard Venezuelan Oil Assets Amid Economic Turmoil

  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Trump signs executive order meant to protect the money from Venezuelan oil

Up next

Massive survey settles age-old debate of North-South divide

Groundbreaking Survey Reveals Truth Behind UK’s North-South Divide: Myths Debunked and Realities Unveiled

Published on 10 January 2026

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


Trump Issues Executive Order to Safeguard Venezuelan Oil Assets Amid Economic Turmoil

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – In a strategic move, President Donald Trump has issued a new executive order aimed at safeguarding Venezuelan oil revenues from being diverted to legal claims.

The directive, announced on Saturday, emphasizes that allowing such funds to be claimed in legal disputes could jeopardize the U.S.’s vital objectives to stabilize Venezuela’s economy and political landscape.

This order arrives at a time when industry leaders are voicing concerns about Venezuela’s ongoing turmoil, which could deter private sector investment and hinder recovery efforts.

“Given the current commercial structures in Venezuela, it is not a viable investment,” remarked Darren Woods, CEO of ExxonMobil, America’s leading oil company, during a Friday meeting with Trump and other oil executives.

During the discussions, Trump sought to alleviate the oil companies’ concerns by assuring them that they would have direct dealings with the U.S. government, bypassing Venezuelan authorities.

Venezuela’s history of nationalizing assets, coupled with existing U.S. sanctions and prolonged political instability, adds layers of complexity to the situation.

Getting U.S. oil companies to invest in Venezuela and help rebuild the country’s infrastructure is a top priority of the Trump administration after the dramatic capture of now-deposed leader Nicolás Maduro.

The White House is framing the effort to “run” Venezuela in economic terms, and Trump has seized tankers carrying Venezuelan oil, has said the U.S. is taking over the sales of 30 million to 50 million barrels of previously sanctioned Venezuelan crude, and plans to control sales worldwide indefinitely.

“I love the Venezuelan people, and am already making Venezuela rich and safe again,” Trump, who is currently in southern Florida, wrote on his social media site on Saturday. “Congratulations and thank you to all of those people who are making this possible!!!”

The order says the oil revenue is property of Venezuela that is being held by the United States for “governmental and diplomatic purposes” and not subject to private claims.

Its legal underpinnings are the National Emergencies Act and the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. Trump, in the order, says the possibility that the oil revenues could be caught up in judicial proceedings constitutes an “unusual and extraordinary threat” to the U.S.

Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Sunday that vandals were responsible for…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks

JERUSALEM – Jared Kushner, the Mideast negotiator and son-in-law of Donald Trump,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered

HARARE – Rescue teams in Zimbabwe continued searching Lake Kariba on Sunday…
  • Internewscast
  • August 16, 2026
Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War

A Russian court on Monday found a well-known opposition figure guilty over…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Suffolk County Quietly Approves $4M Gunshot Detector Deal With Controversial Surveillance Firm - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Suffolk County Quietly Approves $4M Gunshot Detector Deal With Controversial Surveillance Firm

Suffolk County has quietly approved a five-year contract worth nearly $4 million…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
House Ethics Committee Probes Rep. Jimmy Gomez Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - Internewscast Journal
  • US

House Ethics Committee Probes Rep. Jimmy Gomez Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Washington — The House Ethics Committee said Monday that it is formally…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Lady Louise Windsor Brings Boyfriend on Royal Double Date - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Lady Louise Windsor Brings Boyfriend on Royal Double Date

Lady Louise Windsor’s relationship with Felix da Silva-Clamp appears to have the…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Barefoot Long Island Runner John Mazzei Conquers Six Marathons - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Barefoot Long Island Runner John Mazzei Conquers Six Marathons

It’s one way to stay light on his feet. A Long Island…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.