President Donald Trump attends the UFC-316 mixed martial arts event, at the Prudential Center, Saturday, June 7, 2025, in Newark, N.J., as UFC's Dana White, looks on. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
Share this @internewscast.com

(The Hill) Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) chief Dana White said over the weekend that multiple fighters are in line to be on the list for a face off expected next year on the White House South Lawn.

“Everybody wants to be on this card. I mean, you don’t even have to know who’s blowing up my phone,” White said Sunday during a post-fight press conference at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. “You can just see it all on the Internet.”

“But, you know, the fight’s a year away, so the landscape will change a lot over the next year,” he added. 

President Donald Trump attends the UFC-316 mixed martial arts event, at the Prudential Center, Saturday, June 7, 2025, in Newark, N.J., as UFC's Dana White, looks on. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
President Donald Trump attends the UFC-316 mixed martial arts event, at the Prudential Center, Saturday, June 7, 2025, in Newark, N.J., as UFC’s Dana White, looks on. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)

President Trump, who attended a UFC fight earlier this year with allies and members of his Cabinet, floated the idea of a fight on the South Lawn weeks ago as part of the nation’s 250th birthday celebration. The proposal comes as the Trump administration grows the corporate presence on White House grounds. 

The UFC move comes after Trump held an event for Tesla on the South Lawn earlier this year when he purchased an electric vehicle alongside then-ally Elon Musk in a statement to those protesting the automaker— in addition to the first ever corporate sponsored White House Easter Egg roll.

“We’re going to be on the South Lawn, and literally, when you’re watching the fight, this will all be the White House here, and then behind me will be, you know, the Washington Monument,” White said during the news conference.

“We’re just getting into logistics right now. My team has already walked the White House with the staff there, and now we’re putting together the design,” the UFC chief added. “And then we’ll all fly out to D.C. and sit down with [Trump] and see what he wants to do.”

White confirmed the fight will be pay-per-view but didn’t outline any matchups ahead of the South Lawn show. 

Earlier this month, the president suggested the event would be a full “championship fight” and could host up to 25,000 people.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Community Outcry Escalates: Arrests Spark Controversy 100 Days Post Rainbow Crosswalk Removal

In Orlando, Florida, a crosswalk near the former Pulse nightclub has become…

Jonesborough Illuminates the Season with Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony

The heart of Tennessee’s oldest town, Jonesborough, sprang to life as the…

Brace for Impact: Thanksgiving Travelers Face Snow, Rain, and Chilly Weather Conditions

As Thanksgiving travelers began their journeys, snow and cold temperatures have already…

Survivors of Hong Kong Apartment Fire Reflect on Their Next Steps

HONG KONG – It was a typical afternoon when William Li received…

Trader Joe’s Set to Open First Melbourne Location This December, Company Announces

MELBOURNE, Fla. – The eagerly awaited Trader Joe’s store in Central Florida…

Bristol, Va. House Fire Attributed to Candle Left Near Flammable Materials, Reports Fire Chief

BRISTOL, Va. (WJHL) — On Thanksgiving Day, a house fire in Bristol,…

Orlando’s Small Businesses Gear Up for Record-Breaking Saturday Shopping Rush

ORLANDO, Fla. – In a bid to accommodate the influx of shoppers,…

Greene County Standoff Leads to Man Facing Multiple Attempted Murder Charges, Says Sheriff

A man has been arrested and charged with several counts of attempted…

Northwestern Secures $75 Million Agreement to Reinstate Federal Funding

In a significant move, Northwestern University has finalized an agreement with the…

Unexploded Grenade Found in Orlando Community, Fire Department Reports

ORLANDO, Fla. – Fire department crews discovered a grenade while responding to…

Heroic Sibling Rescue: How an Older Brother Saved His 10-Year-Old Sister in a Hawkins County ATV Accident

What began as a typical Saturday evening in Hawkins County quickly transformed…

African Union Temporarily Suspends Guinea-Bissau Following Military Coup

DAKAR – In response to a military coup, the African Union has…