5.9k Share this

Seven people were in critical condition and nine were hospitalized on Saturday night following a mysterious carbon monoxide incident at the pool area of a Hampton Inn in Ohio.

A 911 call was first placed after a two-year-old girl was reported unconscious in the pool at the hotel in Marysville at around 5:30 p.m., according to Marysville Police Chief Tony Brooks.

People at the scene were reportedly dizzy and said they had a burning sensation in their throats near the pool area of the hotel.

One patient in critical was taken to OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital in Delaware while the other six were taken to Memorial Health. 

Two other people were treated at the scene and five more are seeking treatment on their own at Memorial Health Hospital.   

The Marysville Police and Fire department called for help at the scene as people were evacuated from the hotel with potential sources of the reported leak turned off.

Others have remained in stable condition or are walk-in patients at Memorial Hospital. 

The updated conditions or ages of those affected have yet to be released at this time.  

Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said that more information about the incident will be available on Sunday. 

At least seven people are in critical condition and two are being hospitalized on Saturday night following a mysterious hazardous materials incident that took place by the poolside at the Hampton Inn in Marysville, Ohio

At least seven people are in critical condition and two are being hospitalized on Saturday night following a mysterious hazardous materials incident that took place by the poolside at the Hampton Inn in Marysville, Ohio

At least seven people are in critical condition and two are being hospitalized on Saturday night following a mysterious hazardous materials incident that took place by the poolside at the Hampton Inn in Marysville, Ohio 

A 911 call was placed after a two-year-old girl was reportedly unconscious by the pool. People also reported being dizzy and experiencing a burning sensation in their throats.

Two other people were treated at the scene and five more are seeking treatment on their own at Memorial Health Hospital

Two other people were treated at the scene and five more are seeking treatment on their own at Memorial Health Hospital

Two other people were treated at the scene and five more are seeking treatment on their own at Memorial Health Hospital

The investigation for the incident continues to determine whether it was a chemical in the pool area or a carbon monoxide leak

The investigation for the incident continues to determine whether it was a chemical in the pool area or a carbon monoxide leak

The investigation for the incident continues to determine whether it was a chemical in the pool area or a carbon monoxide leak

Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said that more information about the incident will be available on Sunday

Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said that more information about the incident will be available on Sunday

Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said that more information about the incident will be available on Sunday

This comes as five people were hospitalized on Saturday in Washington, D.C., after carbon monoxide was detected in an apartment building.

Local fire and EMS departments responded to the scene at around 11 a.m. shortly after high levels of carbon monoxide were reported.

Two people were found to be in serious condition and three were under observation.

The building was evacuated and officials are still trying to confirm the source of the leak. 

A hazmat incident happens during a release of one or more hazardous materials in an environment which can include exposure to potential biological, chemical and radioactive threats. 

Source: DailyMail

5.9k Share this
You May Also Like

White House Claims Baby Formula Shortage a Top Priority Since February After Joe Biden Claimed Ignorance of Problem

The White House claimed President Joe Biden’s administration made the baby formula…

Hate against Taiwanese led to California church shooting

David Chou, 68, of Las Vegas drove to Orange County on Saturday…

‘Lethal’ drug 10,000 times stronger than morphine available on the dark web

‘Lethal’ drug 10,000 times stronger than morphine available from dozens of suppliers…

Moment neighbour from hell launched bricks and cement over fence and called neighbours ‘dirty c***s’

This is the shocking moment a neighbour from hell lobbed bricks and…

Jet ski rider apologises to family after tragic death

A jet-ski rider who hit and killed a 14-year-old boy on South…

Suspect charged in deadly California church shooting ‘lay in wait’

Prosecutors have charged the suspect in the California church shooting with one…

Heroic passenger who landed plane after the pilot fell unconscious speaks out about the ordeal 

The heroic passenger who landed a single-engine plane in Florida after the…

Elon Musk Claims He Will Vote Republican in Next Election

Tesla CEO Elon Musk says he will be voting Republican in the…