5.9k Share this
Seven people were in critical condition and nine were hospitalized on Saturday night following a mysterious carbon monoxide incident at the pool area of a Hampton Inn in Ohio.
A 911 call was first placed after a two-year-old girl was reported unconscious in the pool at the hotel in Marysville at around 5:30 p.m., according to Marysville Police Chief Tony Brooks.
People at the scene were reportedly dizzy and said they had a burning sensation in their throats near the pool area of the hotel.
One patient in critical was taken to OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital in Delaware while the other six were taken to Memorial Health.
Two other people were treated at the scene and five more are seeking treatment on their own at Memorial Health Hospital.
The Marysville Police and Fire department called for help at the scene as people were evacuated from the hotel with potential sources of the reported leak turned off.
Others have remained in stable condition or are walk-in patients at Memorial Hospital.
The updated conditions or ages of those affected have yet to be released at this time.
Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said that more information about the incident will be available on Sunday.
At least seven people are in critical condition and two are being hospitalized on Saturday night following a mysterious hazardous materials incident that took place by the poolside at the Hampton Inn in Marysville, Ohio
A 911 call was placed after a two-year-old girl was reportedly unconscious by the pool. People also reported being dizzy and experiencing a burning sensation in their throats.
Two other people were treated at the scene and five more are seeking treatment on their own at Memorial Health Hospital
The investigation for the incident continues to determine whether it was a chemical in the pool area or a carbon monoxide leak
Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said that more information about the incident will be available on Sunday
This comes as five people were hospitalized on Saturday in Washington, D.C., after carbon monoxide was detected in an apartment building.
Local fire and EMS departments responded to the scene at around 11 a.m. shortly after high levels of carbon monoxide were reported.
Two people were found to be in serious condition and three were under observation.
The building was evacuated and officials are still trying to confirm the source of the leak.
A hazmat incident happens during a release of one or more hazardous materials in an environment which can include exposure to potential biological, chemical and radioactive threats.