Judge Charles Breyer has slapped down Donald Trump taking control of the California National Guard.
Share this @internewscast.com
A U.S. federal judge has issued a temporary restraining order, directing President Donald Trump to give back control of the National Guard to California.

This order, effective at noon on Friday (Los Angeles time), stated that deploying the Guard was unlawful, infringing on the Tenth Amendment and surpassing Trump’s legal powers.

The White House had no immediate comment on the ruling.

Judge Charles Breyer has slapped down Donald Trump taking control of the California National Guard.
Judge Charles Breyer has slapped down Donald Trump taking control of the California National Guard.(AP)

Major General Scott Sherman, during an interview with The Associated Press and another media outlet, mentioned that as of Wednesday, around 500 Guard troops were prepared to work with agents on immigration operations.

Photos of Guard soldiers providing security for the agents have already been circulated by immigration officials.

Sherman is commander of Task Force 51, which is overseeing the Guard troops and Marines sent to Los Angeles.

Earlier in the day, Breyer said he intended to rule quickly.

“This nation was established in response to a monarchy, and the Constitution is a document that sets boundaries. I’m trying to determine where these boundaries lie,” remarked the judge to a full courtroom.

Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem pledged to carry on with the Trump administration’s immigration crackdown despite waves of unrest across the US, while in Texas thousands of National Guard troops were on standby in case more trouble breaks out.

The developments unfolded as cities nationwide braced for major demonstrations against Trump over the weekend, and their leaders pleaded with residents to protest peacefully.

Noem said the immigration raids that fueled the protests will move forward, saying agents have thousands of targets.

Trump told to stop stepped-up immigration raids by LA area mayors

“This is only going to continue until we have peace on the streets of Los Angeles,” she said during a news conference that was interrupted by shouting from US Senator Alex Padilla, a California Democrat who was forcibly removed from the event.

Newsom has warned that the military intervention is part of a broader effort by Trump to overturn norms at the heart of the nation’s democracy.

He also said that sending National Guard troops on the raids has further inflamed tensions in Los Angeles, where large and sometimes volatile protests have broken out since the crackdown began nearly a week ago.

So far, the protests have been centred mostly in downtown LA near City Hall and a federal detention centre where some immigrants are being held.

Much of the sprawling city has been spared from the protests.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
The Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon after getting married today in Canberra.

Inside the Secret Wedding of Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon at The Lodge: Exclusive Details Revealed

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has married long-time partner Jodie Haydon in an…
Lucas died after a stabbing in Sydney's Rouse Hill.

Family of Fatally Stabbed Teen Remembers Him as a ‘Loyal Young Man

The parents of a Sydney teenager who tragically lost his life in…

Tragic Floods in Southeast Asia Claim Over 250 Lives

Days of devastating flooding across Southeast Asia have killed more than 250…
Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy.

Teenager in Critical Condition After Adelaide Shopping Centre Altercation; One Arrested

A teenager is in critical condition, and a 20-year-old man is seriously…

Trump Criticizes Biden’s Vetting Process Following Tragic Death of National Guard Member in Washington Shooting

One of the two national guard members shot near the White House…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…
Matildas defender Ellie Carpenter embraces Winonah Heatley during their match against New Zealand

Matildas’ Emotional Tribute: Star Player’s Hidden Heartbreak Revealed in Thrilling New Zealand Match

Winonah Heatley, a standout player for the Matildas, joined her team amidst…
WA man jailed for stealing intimate material and using 'evil twin' WiFi networks

Cyber Trickery: Man Sentenced for Crafting Deceptive ‘Evil Twin’ WiFi Networks at Australian Airports

A 44-year-old man has been sentenced to prison for orchestrating a scheme…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…
Neuroblastoma is a deadly cancer that can affect children as young as two-years-old. A new study by the Garvan Institute may have found a drug that can help cure it.

Potential Breakthrough Drug Surfaces for Treating Deadly Childhood Cancer

A medication, already approved for cancer treatment, might now offer a new…