Missing four-year-old Gus
Share this @internewscast.com

A renewed effort is underway today to locate four-year-old Gus Lamont, who vanished nearly two months ago from his family’s secluded property in South Australia.

Starting this morning, authorities will examine six mine shafts situated in the isolated region where Gus was last observed, according to police reports.

Officials stated that these shafts were previously unknown to them.

Missing four-year-old Gus
Missing four-year-old Gus. (South Australia Police)

The last sighting of Gus was around 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 27, when his grandmother spotted him playing on a dirt mound at the family’s Oak Park Station homestead, located roughly 43 kilometers from Yunta.

By 5:30 p.m., Gus—described as both shy and adventurous—had disappeared, prompting an extensive ground and aerial search of the homestead and its surroundings.

This latest search operation is scheduled to span three days.

It will involve STAR Group officers and Task Force Horizon officers using specialised equipment to search six mine shafts in the area.

The uncovered, unfenced shafts are between 5.5km and 12km from the Oak Park homestead, in areas not searched on foot by police.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Linda Williams said the new searches were part of ongoing investigations.

Missing four-year-old Gus Lamont in SA
The new search will start tomorrow and will last for three days. (9News)

“We are determined to explore every avenue in an effort to locate Gus Lamont and provide some closure for his family,” she said.

“These searches will either locate evidence or eliminate these locations from further investigation by the Task Force.”

This followed extensive ground and air searches of the area surrounding the Oak Park Station homestead.

The ground search has now extended to 5.5km from the homestead.

This equates to 95sq/km searched on foot.

This area searched with the help of aircraft and mounted officers has been estimated at 470sqkm, with no sign of the child.

Police stressed that no part of the investigation had turned up any suggestion of foul play.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Former Prince Andrew Released from Police Custody Following Arrest

In Brief Former prince Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in…
Police return to royal homes after ex-Prince Andrew's arrest

Police Presence Intensifies at Royal Residences Following Former Prince Andrew’s Arrest

The brother of King Charles III was taken into custody on his…

Tragic Outcomes From Dual Mental Health Facility Escapes Spur Call for ‘Urgent’ Reform

IN BRIEF Advocates say the mental health system is too focused on…
Gallipoli Barracks, Brisbane

Shocking Incident at Brisbane Military Base: Woman Arrested for Stabbing Man

A crime scene has been declared at Gallipoli Barracks after a man…

UN Unveils Disturbing Evidence: Genocidal Atrocities Surface in Sudan

In brief The mission warned that “urgent protection of civilians is needed,…
The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in President Donald Trump's second term.

Shocking Incident: Texas Man Fatally Shot by Federal Immigration Agent – Uncover the Full Story

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in…
'No justice': Hit-run victim's family slam punishment

Outrage Over Lenient Sentence: Hit-and-Run Victim’s Family Demands Justice

WARNING: This article contains the names of deceased Indigenous people. The family…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…
Posties told to stop wearing uniforms amid reports they're getting sunburnt

Postal Workers Advised to Ditch Uniforms Due to Sunburn Concerns

Australia Post has advised its postal workers to refrain from wearing their…
Victims were led to believe they were purchasing cryptocurrency, shares, or other legitimate investment products.

Sydney Man Exposed: The $5 Million Scam That Shocked Australia

Elderly and vulnerable victims were usually contacted on social media and encouraged…
Prince Andrew arrives for the funeral of the Duchess of Kent at Westminster Cathedral in London, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2025.

Ancient Law Resurfaces: The Legal Twist that Threatens Prince Andrew with a Life Sentence

However, the charge he was arrested on suspicion of, misconduct in public…
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

UK Government Weighs Historic Decision: Potential Removal of Former Prince from Royal Succession

Despite recent controversy, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor remains the eighth person in line to…