Share this @internewscast.com
Israel has delayed the reopening of a crucial border crossing between Gaza and Egypt, saying it would only open after “necessary preparations”.
COGAT, the Israeli defence body that oversees aid to the occupied Palestinian territories, on Thursday said the Rafah crossing would only open once Israel and Egypt had completed preparations.
“It should be emphasised that humanitarian aid will not pass through the Rafah Crossing. This was never agreed upon at any stage,” COGAT said in a statement, adding that aid was delivered through other crossings.
The Rafah crossing, the only border crossing outside of Israel, has remained mostly closed since the October 7 attack.

As part of a recent ceasefire agreement, there were plans to reopen crossings using the same protocol that was in effect during a temporary ceasefire earlier this year. At that time, the crossings were briefly opened to facilitate medical evacuations.

The United Nations humanitarian chief, Tom Fletcher, earlier called for the immediate opening of more crossings.

“We depend on all crossings to deliver our aid. We are advocating for all these crossings to remain open and to have fully unrestricted access,” a spokesperson emphasized.

Hayman, a graffiti artist from Haifa, tragically lost her life at the Nova music festival at the age of 27. Her remains were subsequently taken to Gaza.

Earlier on Thursday, the Israeli military said it had identified the remains of hostages, Inbar Hayman and Mohammad al-Atrash, whose bodies had been returned to Israel the previous night by Hamas.

In a significant development, Hamas transferred the remains of more Israeli hostages to the Red Cross, which then facilitated their return to Israel.

Hamas hands over more Israeli bodies to Red Cross in Gaza

Al-Atrash, a 39-year-old soldier of Bedouin descent, was killed in action on October 7. Like Hayman, his body was also taken to Gaza.

Al-Atrash was a 39-year-old soldier of Bedouin origin killed in combat on October 7, with his body also taken to Gaza.

Israel’s defence minister, Israel Katz, threatened to resume fighting if Hamas didn’t honour the ceasefire, saying he had ordered the military to prepare a “plan to crush” the group in the event of renewed combat.
Israel had earlier accused Hamas of breaching the agreement for failing to hand over the remains of 28 dead hostages.
Hamas said it had returned all the bodies it could access, and needed special recovery equipment to reach the rest.
“The Hamas terrorist organisation is required to uphold its commitments to the mediators and return [the hostages] as part of the implementation of the agreement. We will not compromise on this,” Katz said in a statement.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…

Unlocking Australia’s Billion-Dollar Opportunity: The Untapped Export Ready to Skyrocket

When Eleanor Gray borrowed a Hello Kitty DVD from her local library…
Hero Uber driver stops job to race into burning house

Brave Uber Driver Halts Ride to Courageously Rescue Residents from Burning Home

An Uber driver unexpectedly halted a passenger’s trip to dash into a…
Melburnians flocked to the newly opened Melbourne Metro Tunnel today.

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Opens After Years of Delays: Navigating Initial Challenges for Commuters

This morning marked the debut of Melbourne’s Metro Tunnel to commuters, although…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…
Survivor's incredible story from inside the Hong Kong horror blaze

Miraculous Escape: Survivor Shares Harrowing Tale from Devastating Hong Kong Fire

Just after 3 p.m., William Li received a startling call from his…