Share this @internewscast.com
At least eight Palestinians, most of them children, lost their lives in central Gaza on Sunday following an Israeli strike aimed at collecting water, according to local authorities. More than a dozen individuals were injured in the incident, which the Israeli military acknowledged as mistakenly hitting the wrong target.
The strike occurred at a water distribution location within the Nuseirat refugee camp, resulting in the deaths of six children and injuries to 17 others, explained Ahmed Abu Saifan, an emergency doctor at Al-Awda Hospital.
Gaza has been experiencing significant water shortages recently, exacerbated by fuel shortages that have led to the shutdown of desalination and sanitation systems. This has forced residents to rely on centers where they can gather water in plastic containers.

The Israeli military stated that the missile was meant to strike an Islamic Jihad operative nearby, but an error led it to land “dozens of metres from the intended target.”

Palestinians carry humanitarian aid packages near a distribution center

Medics say those killed in a strike that hit a water distribution point included a 12-year-old. Source: AP / Abdel Kareem Hana

Hours later, 12 people were killed by an Israeli strike on a market in Gaza City, including a prominent hospital consultant, Ahmad Qandil, Palestinian media reported.

The Israeli military did not immediately comment on the attack.
Gaza’s health ministry said on Sunday that more than 58,000 people had been killed since October 2023, with 139 people added to the death toll over the past 24 hours.

The ministry says over half of those killed are women and children.

Ceasefire talks stalled

Negotiations aimed at securing a ceasefire appeared to be deadlocked, with the two sides divided over the extent of an eventual Israeli withdrawal from the Palestinian enclave, Palestinian and Israeli sources said at the weekend.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was set to convene ministers late on Sunday to discuss the latest developments in the talks, an Israeli official said.

In Doha, indirect discussions are ongoing regarding a U.S.-suggested 60-day ceasefire. However, initial hopes for an imminent agreement have diminished significantly, with both parties blaming each other for the lack of flexibility.

Donald Trump being handed an envelope by Benjamin Netanyahu at a dinner table, with other people sitting on either side. There are also American and Israeli flags.

Israel’s army says a missile malfunctioned and missed its target, hitting a water distribution site. Source: AAP / AP / Alex Brandon

Netanyahu in a video he posted on Telegram on Sunday, said Israel would not back down from its core demands – releasing all the hostages still in Gaza, destroying Hamas and ensuring Gaza will never again be a threat to Israel.

At least 20 of the remaining 50 hostages in Gaza are believed to still be alive.
Netanyahu and his ministers were also set to discuss a plan on Sunday to move hundreds of thousands of Gazans to the southern area of Rafah, in what Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz has described as a new “humanitarian city” but which would be likely to draw international criticism for forced displacement.
An Israeli source briefed on discussions in Israel said that the plan was to establish the complex in Rafah during the ceasefire, if it is reached.

Recently, a Palestinian source involved in the truce negotiations reported that Hamas dismissed Israel’s proposed withdrawal maps since they would still allow around 40% of the area, including all of Rafah, to remain under Israeli control.

Israel’s bombardment of Gaza has displaced almost the entire population of more than 2 million people, but Palestinians there say nowhere is safe in the coastal enclave.
Early on Sunday morning, a missile hit a house in Gaza City where a family had moved to after receiving an evacuation order from their home in the southern outskirts.
“My aunt, her husband and the children, are gone. What is the fault of the children who died in an ugly bloody massacre at dawn?” said Anas Matar, standing in the rubble of the building.
“They came here, and they were hit. There is no safe place in Gaza,” he said.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Tragic Outcomes From Dual Mental Health Facility Escapes Spur Call for ‘Urgent’ Reform

IN BRIEF Advocates say the mental health system is too focused on…

Melbourne Teen Succumbs to Injuries a Week After Tragic Vehicle Collision

An air ambulance team and a mobile intensive care unit equipped with…

Remembering Anna dePeyster: Life and Legacy of Rupert Murdoch’s Former Wife at 81

In brief Anna dePeyster, the former wife of media mogul Rupert Murdoch,…
Blood test pathologist blood sample

Revolutionary Blood Test Offers Insight into Alzheimer’s Onset Timing

A new blood test could be able to clock when someone may…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…

From Dough to Dream Home: Pizza Chefs Overcome Challenges to Buy First House

Every day at Boss Pizzeria, a bustling Italian eatery in Melbourne’s eastern…
Someone holding a handful of Australian cash.

Massive Cash Boost: Over 5 Million Australians Set to Benefit Soon!

More than five million Australians receiving social security payments, half of whom…
Jayden Ansara had to act quick when his mother collapsed after having a brain aneurysm.

Young Boy Honored with Bravery Award for Heroic Act in Saving Mother’s Life

A nine-year-old boy who helped save his mother’s life by calling Triple…
Melonie Mckay was run over in her own driveway after allegedly getting into an argument with her neighbour.

Grandmother’s Tragic Death: Man Faces Murder Charges in Alleged Hit-and-Run

A man has been charged with murder after allegedly running over his…

Former Prince Andrew Released from Police Custody Following Arrest

In Brief Former prince Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in…
The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in President Donald Trump's second term.

Shocking Incident: Texas Man Fatally Shot by Federal Immigration Agent – Uncover the Full Story

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in…
Victims were led to believe they were purchasing cryptocurrency, shares, or other legitimate investment products.

Sydney Man Exposed: The $5 Million Scam That Shocked Australia

Elderly and vulnerable victims were usually contacted on social media and encouraged…