Share this

A man accused of sexually assaulting and threatening a teenage girl will face court in Sydney today.

Police will allege a 14-year-old girl met a man on a social media app on June 2021, and that they spoke online before meeting in person in January.

The man is accused of sexually assaulting the girl on three occasions.

A 28-year-old man was arrested yesterday and charged with child sexual assault and intimidation offences.

Police will also allege in court that the man made numerous threats toward the girl, including to harm her.

He was refused bail ahead of his court appearance.

Anyone with concerns about suspected child abuse or exploitation should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page.

Share this
You May Also Like
Jacinda Ardern is hoping to entice Australians to visit New Zealand as the country finally scraps restrictions on overseas travellers after two years of relentless Covid rules

Jacinda Ardern begs Australian tourists to return to New Zealand after zero-Covid policy

Jacinda Ardern hopes to entice Australians to visit New Zealand as the…

State funeral to be held for Victorian Labor MP

Victorian Labor MP Jane Garrett will be farewelled with a state funeral,…

Flood devastated Northern Rivers schools face years before recovery

In a new series, NBN News is highlighting the efforts to rebuild…

$20,000 worth of cigarettes stolen in Melbourne service station robbery

A thief armed with an angle grinder has robbed a family-run service…

Thousands descend on Sydney, Melbourne in protest of US abortion ruling

Tens of thousands of people have descended on major cities across Australia…

Horror crash kills jet truck pilot as crowds watch US airshow

An airshow celebrating the 75th anniversary of the US Air Force has…

World’s 500 richest people lost $2 trillion in first half of year

Mining magnate Gina Rinehart was one of the few billionaires to buck…

Five police cars smashed up in two separate Melbourne crashes

Five police cars have been damaged in Melbourne in two separate incidents…