Share this @internewscast.com


A reported single gunshot has sparked a fresh line of inquiry in the long-running manhunt for alleged police killer Dezi Freeman.
Police conducted “firearms testing” near Barrett Lane and Rayner Track in Porepunkah, about 300km northeast of Melbourne in Victoria’s northeast, on Wednesday as part of their search.

Reports of a gunshot heard around 11:45 a.m. on August 26 prompted authorities to initiate firearms testing in the area.

Freeman had allegedly opened fire on police moments earlier, killing Detective Senior Constable Neal Thompson and Senior Constable Vadim de Waart-Hottart and wounding a third officer.
They were among 10 officers serving a warrant at Freeman’s Porepunkah home when allegedly confronted about 10.30am.
“The area has since been searched by police, however no trace of Freeman was located,” Victoria Police said in a statement on Sunday.

“Investigators remain optimistic that the results of the firearms testing will aid in the police’s continuing investigation,” stated officials.

Police want to speak to anyone who may have heard the gunshot, including any members of the public who may have been in the area at the time and believe they could be the person responsible.
There have been no confirmed sightings of Freeman since he fled into dense bushland, despite detectives investigating more than 1,700 tip-offs.
Hundreds of officers and specialist resources, including interstate and international crews, have scoured the area and surrounds.

By September, the search efforts had been reduced to involve over 200 officers, and Mount Buffalo National Park was reopened to visitors in late October.

Chief Commissioner Mike Bush has previously said police were working off several possible scenarios.
“Is he still alive? We don’t know. Is he alive and still in the area? We have no real information to suggest that,” Bush told reporters on October 13.
“Or has he been unable to leave the area and is being looked after by others? We don’t know.

“These are all considered assumptions and possibilities, and we are preparing resources to address each of them,” officials added.

Victoria Police has offered a $1 million reward and the possibility of indemnity for information leading to Freeman’s capture, the largest reward in the state’s history for facilitating an arrest.
People in the area have been advised to remain vigilant and not approach the fugitive, who is considered armed and dangerous.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
Dozens arrested in Port of Newcastle climate change protest

Mass Arrests at Port of Newcastle as Climate Activists Rally for Change

In a bold display of civil disobedience, climate change activists have once…
A man wades through a flooded road carrying a cat in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Nov, 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Devastating Sri Lanka Floods: Death Toll Climbs to 132 Amidst Mudslide Havoc

The death toll in Sri Lanka from Cyclone Ditwah’s devastating floods and…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
Hanson addresses immigration rally in Melbourne

Breaking News: Hanson Speaks Out at Melbourne Rally – Unveiling Her Stance on Immigration

Pauline Hanson, the leader of One Nation, recently led an anti-immigration protest,…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…
Rugby league great Nathan Wood (right) has opened up on being diagnosed with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)

Football Star Courageously Shares Diagnosis of Severe Brain Disease with His Mother; Her Reaction is Profound

Former NRL athlete Nat Wood has courageously shared his struggle with thoughts…
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…

Nationwide Passport System Glitch Strands Thousands: What Travelers Need to Know Now

Travellers going through Australian airports were temporarily delayed on Sunday after a…