Share this @internewscast.com
He was charged with one count of domestic violence-related common assault over an alleged incident on March 1, at Bellevue Hill in Sydney’s east.
Garside said the “conduct of police in the presence of the media” at the international airport took him “completely by surprise”.
”I categorically deny the allegations of violence and dispute the account given to police,” he said at the time.
The 25-year-old appeared at Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court today where the charge and an apprehended violence order were formally withdrawn.
Garside announced in a statement he had been informed by the “police prosecutor that they had dropped all matters against me”.
”Today I have been vindicated,” he said.
“Moments ago, the police prosecutor informed the court that they have dropped all matters against me.
“This was because my lawyers provided the recordings and communications that gave the police a full understanding of what happened – clearing me of any wrongdoing whatsoever.
“I am thankful for the diligence of the police in reviewing the overwhelming evidence in my favour and quickly moving to withdraw the proceedings.”
The star said that last month, upon returning from South Africa, he was “feeling motivated and optimistic about my future” and “what had occurred since had been personally devastating and a real test of my resilience”.
“I will be forever grateful for the love and support of my family and friends who have kept me strong and focused,” he said.
“I am determined to move on from this with gratitude and renewed energy towards qualifying for Paris 2024.”
The men’s lightweight boxer won the bronze medal for Australia at the Toyko 2020 Olympics and intends to compete at the Paris 2024 Olympics.