Donald Trump
Share this @internewscast.com
US President Donald Trump told CNN on Friday he is “not even thinking about” billionaire Elon Musk and won’t be speaking to him in the near future.

“I’m not even thinking about Elon. He’s got a problem. The poor guy’s got a problem,” Trump said in a brief phone call.

Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump attends a meeting with the Fraternal Order of Police in the State Dinning Room of the White House, June 5, 2025, in Washington. (Alex Brandon/AP via CNN Newsource)

Trump said on Thursday he was “very disappointed” with the tech billionaire for criticising his massive tax and spending cuts package while Musk fired back that “Trump would have lost the election” without him.

In his call with CNN on Friday morning, Trump talked about the forthcoming jobs report, which has since been released, inflation and gas prices.

Asked if he had a call with Musk, the president responded: “No. I won’t be speaking to him for a while I guess, but I wish him well.”

As the two powerful onetime friends duked it out online on Thursday, their shared allies sought to quietly broker a truce, CNN previously reported.

Musk, for his part, appeared open to a thaw.

“You’re not wrong,” Musk responded to a post from billionaire investor Bill Ackman, who wrote on X: “I support @realDonaldTrump and @elonmusk and they should make peace for the benefit of our great country. We are much stronger together than apart.”

Elon Musk
Elon Musk reacts during a press conference with President Donald Trump (not pictured), at the White House in Washington, DC, on May 30. (Nathan Howard/Reuters via CNN Newsource)

In a sign of their break, however, Trump is planning to get rid of the Tesla he purchased in March, a senior White House official told CNN. The red vehicle may be sold or possibly given away, another official said.

Trump had previously allowed some of his younger staffers to use the car. As of Friday morning, it was visibly parked in the West Executive Driveway.

Back in March, Trump transformed the South Lawn into what resembled a Tesla showroom, an apparent gesture toward his then-adviser. Later that day, Trump publicly announced he was purchasing a Tesla and had even bought a Cybertruck for his granddaughter.

“I think (Musk has) been treated very unfairly by a very small group of people, and I just want people to know that he can’t be penalised for being a patriot,” Trump said at the time.

Hands off rally against US president Donald Trump and Elon Musk

Protesters across US rally against Trump and Musk’s ‘hostile takeover’

As the two billionaires’ clash over Trump’s sweeping tax and domestic policy bill turned increasingly personal on Thursday, several people familiar with what was happening behind the scenes — who were desperately making phone calls to one another and trying to tamp down the escalating feud — described Musk’s invocation of the Jeffrey Epstein files as the tipping point.

“Time to drop the really big bomb: @realDonaldTrump is in the Epstein files. That is the real reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day, DJT!” Musk wrote, stunning those with close relationships to Trump and Musk.

White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt called Musk’s claims an “unfortunate episode” in a statement to CNN on Thursday night.

Musk has not detailed how he would have gained access to unreleased files related to the disgraced financier and has not provided any evidence of where his information was coming from.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…
Dozens arrested in Port of Newcastle climate change protest

Mass Arrests at Port of Newcastle as Climate Activists Rally for Change

In a bold display of civil disobedience, climate change activists have once…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…
Hanson addresses immigration rally in Melbourne

Breaking News: Hanson Speaks Out at Melbourne Rally – Unveiling Her Stance on Immigration

Pauline Hanson, the leader of One Nation, recently led an anti-immigration protest,…
Nicole Kidman 's views on marriage have been revealed in a resurfaced interview. Kidman filed for divorce from her second husband, Keith Urban, 58, in September, citing irreconcilable differences. Pictured together

Resurfaced Interview Reveals Nicole Kidman’s Emotional Insights on Divorce Amid Keith Urban Separation Rumors

Insights into Nicole Kidman’s perspective on marriage have come to light through…
A man wades through a flooded road carrying a cat in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Nov, 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Devastating Sri Lanka Floods: Death Toll Climbs to 132 Amidst Mudslide Havoc

The death toll in Sri Lanka from Cyclone Ditwah’s devastating floods and…
Melburnians flocked to the newly opened Melbourne Metro Tunnel today.

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Opens After Years of Delays: Navigating Initial Challenges for Commuters

This morning marked the debut of Melbourne’s Metro Tunnel to commuters, although…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…