Hero of Bondi's seen in lavish new digs after $2.5m reward for bravery

Ahmed Al Ahmed, celebrated as a hero at Bondi Beach, has recently settled into a luxurious penthouse at Sydney’s Crown Casino. He received a $2.5 million reward for his courageous actions and has finally shared his experience of disarming a gunman during a tragic event.

On the night of December 14, Mr. Al Ahmed bravely intervened when Sajid Akram, 50, began shooting at attendees of a Jewish Hanukkah celebration at Bondi Beach. In the chaos, he managed to wrestle a shotgun away from Akram.

During this act of heroism, Al Ahmed was allegedly shot multiple times by Akram’s son, Naveed, who is accused of killing 15 people and injuring many others.

The dramatic footage of the incident quickly went viral, earning Mr. Al Ahmed worldwide recognition and leading to a successful online fundraising campaign that collected $2.5 million, which was presented to him at the hospital last week.

In a forthcoming interview with a US television network, Mr. Al Ahmed has opened up about his courageous deed. The segment is scheduled to air overnight.

Speaking to Anna Coren of Australian CBS News, he remarked, “I did not worry about anything.”

‘My target was just to take the gun from him, and to stop him from killing a human being – and not killing innocent people.’

On Monday, the father of two was spotted by the Daily Mail living the high life on the 33rd-floor balcony of a lavish suite at the Barangaroo casino’s hotel in Sydney CBD. 

In the footage Mr Al Ahmed is seen disarming the gunman

In the footage Mr Al Ahmed is seen disarming the gunman

Mr Al Ahmed was shot during the attack

Mr Al Ahmed was shot during the attack 

Bondi Hero Moves into Luxury Home After Receiving .5 Million Bravery Reward

He was spotted on the balcony of the Crown Towers hotel 

He was discharged from hospital at the weekend and is recovering from major surgery to save his arm after being repeatedly shot in the terror attack.

Mr Al Ahmed, still wearing a sling on his left arm, has been joined by his family at the suite as he comes to terms with his new wealth and fame after saving the lives of countless others.

Despite being hailed as a hero, Mr Al Ahmed said his thoughts remain with those who did not survive.

‘I know I saved lots of people’s lives, innocent kids and women and men,’ he said. ‘I know I saved lots – but I still feel sorry for the lost.’

Dramatic footage showed him leap from behind a parked car to wrestle Sajid Akram to the ground, successfully disarming him before he was wounded in the crossfire of the firefight between police and the second gunman.

‘I jumped on his back, hit him,’ he said.

‘I hold him with my right hand and start saying a word, you know, like to warn him, drop your gun, stop doing what you’re doing, and it’s come all in fast.

‘And emotionally, I’m doing something, which is I feel something, a power in my body, my brain.

‘I don’t want to see people killed in front of me, I don’t want to hear his gun, I don’t want to see people screaming and begging, asking for help, and that’s my soul asking me to do that.’

Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has been discharged from hospital two weeks after being shot

Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has been discharged from hospital two weeks after being shot

He was spotted on Monday afternoon soaking up the sunshine on the balcony of his $1250-per-night suite

He was spotted on Monday afternoon soaking up the sunshine on the balcony of his $1250-per-night suite

Mr Al Ahmed, still wearing a sling on his left arm, has been joined by his family at the suite as he comes to terms with his new wealth and fame

Mr Al Ahmed, still wearing a sling on his left arm, has been joined by his family at the suite as he comes to terms with his new wealth and fame 

His gripping and emotional TV interview was filmed at the Crown Towers hotel in Barangaroo where Mr Al Ahmed is recovering before returning to his family home.

He was spotted on Monday soaking up the sunshine on the balcony of his $1250-per-night suite with sweeping views of Sydney Harbour.

Last week it was revealed his family, who live overseas, have been granted visas to travel to Australia to support him during his recovery.

While his parents Mohamed and Malakeh were already in Australia on holiday when he was shot, his siblings who are scattered across several countries have been desperate to see him.

The federal government stepped in to grant visas to his brothers and sisters, according to his migration lawyer Sam Issa.

They are expected to travel to Sydney from Germany, Russia, and the United Arab Emirates, while another sister based in Syria is still seeking a visitor visa. 

Doctors removed a bullet from his shoulder and repaired nerve damage during his most recent surgery.

However it is believed he may still suffer permanent damage and could require further surgery.

Mr Al Ahmed was given $2.5million for his heroism

Mr Al Ahmed was given $2.5million for his heroism 

Naveed Akram (pictured) is accused of killing 15 and injuring dozens more

Naveed Akram (pictured) is accused of killing 15 and injuring dozens more

Mr Al Ahmed took the gun from Sahid Akram before turning it on him and forced him to retreat

Mr Al Ahmed took the gun from Sahid Akram before turning it on him and forced him to retreat 

Last week Mr Al Ahmed was handed a cheque for $2.5million after the fundraiser attracted more than 43,000 donations from around the world.

Before the attack, he had planned to sell his tobacco shop in Sydney’s Sutherland Shire, and the business was sold while he was recovering in hospital.

According to his lawyer, he has not begun to consider plans for his future because of the extent of his injuries and the long recovery still ahead.

You May Also Like

Gayle King Criticizes Hayden Panettiere’s Mother in Candid Interview

Gayle King did not hold back in her response to Hayden Panettiere’s…

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Face Epic Humiliation in Latest Royal Setback

Harry and Meghan’s much-vaunted American dream appears to have run out of…

Hayden Panettiere Reveals Zebra Accident Pain Haunted Her for 20 Years

Hayden Panettiere has previously opened up about a frightening on-set accident involving…

Trump Aide’s Scottish Love Letters Revealed in New Report

Private correspondence from Donald Trump’s longtime personal secretary has drawn fresh attention,…

Angie Nixon’s Florida Senate Upset Hands DSA Breakthrough as GOP Looms

WASHINGTON — The Democratic Socialists of America notched a major breakthrough in…

Melting Swiss Alps Glacier Reveals Bodies of Hikers Missing for 30 Years

The remains of two Belgian hikers who disappeared more than three decades…

Human Error Blamed for Largest-Ever Cyberattack on Charity Sector

A suspected “major human mistake” is believed to have set off what…

Widow Sues Las Vegas Hotel Over Husband’s Death at Resort

A grieving widow has filed a lawsuit against a Las Vegas resort,…

Pancreatic Cancer Breakthrough Reveals Everyday Lifestyle Risk

A provocative theory about a “hidden” driver of pancreatic cancer has been…

Taylor Sheridan Cancels Yellowstone Spinoff, Shocking Fans

Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan has confirmed that the long-rumored 6666 spin-off is…

Diane Keaton’s Former Los Angeles Mansion Sells for Millions Under Asking Price

Diane Keaton’s former Los Angeles home in Sullivan Canyon has sold for…

Telemundo Executive Among Four Americans Killed in Kenya Helicopter Crash

A senior Telemundo executive was among seven people killed Wednesday when a…