3.9k Share this
A two-year-old boy was hospitalised for five days and went into a coma after drinking the scented liquid in an air freshener.
Riley Hart pulled the refill bottle out of the Air Wick life scents device when his mother, Kerry Hobbs, 27, had turned around.
Without her looking, he started drinking the liquid and suffered immediate breathing issues.
After his father Dale Hart, 32, came back to their Plymouth home, Ms Hobbs called for an ambulance.
Riley was taken to Derriford Hospital and later transferred to Bristol Children’s Hospital, where he was put into a medically induced coma for three days.
After Riley’s father, Dale Hart, came home, his mother called for an ambulance
‘We nearly lost our world because of this and we want parents to know how dangerous these things are,’ Ms Hobbs told The Sun.
‘They should just be banned straight out.’
Mr Hart described his son as a ‘little fighter’ adding: ‘I knew he would pull through but it was so, so scary.’
A spokesman for Air Wick said that they are in close contact with the Hobbs family to understand the details of what happened.
‘We are very relieved to know that the child is back home and are sending our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery,’ they told the paper.
‘We are investigating to ensure something like this cannot happen in future.’
‘We nearly lost our world because of this and we want parents to know how dangerous these things are,’ Ms Hobbs said. Above, file image of an Air Wick air freshener
Source: Daily Mail