Brooklyn DA won’t prosecute man in bloody Brooklyn slay who claimed self-defense: source

The Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office has chosen not to pursue homicide charges against a man who asserts he acted in self-defense during a violent altercation with a friend in a Crown Heights apartment, according to a senior police official on Tuesday.

The 58-year-old man alleged self-defense after a 56-year-old man forcefully entered the apartment and began attacking him on Monday, inside a three-story building on Troy Ave. near Park Place, according to law enforcement sources.

The accused then fatally stabbed the aggressor with a kitchen knife. With his hands stained with blood, the accused hurried to the 77th Precinct stationhouse at approximately 3:15 a.m., where he informed police officers that he believed he had just killed his friend in an apartment.

A 56yr old man was pronounced dead on scene after he was stabbed multiple times about the body inside a three-story residence at 207 Troy Avenue in Brooklyn on Monday Oct. 13, 2025. (Theodore Parisienne / New York Daily News)
A 56-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene after he was stabbed multiple times about the body inside a three-story residence at 207 Troy Ave. in Brooklyn on Monday Oct. 13, 2025. (Theodore Parisienne / New York Daily News)

The suspect, who has 16 arrests on his record, had bloody hands and cuts, a source added.

Police officers quickly arrived at the crime scene, where sources reported finding bloodied footprints outside the apartment. Inside, they discovered the victim lying face up, with stab wounds on his chest and arms. Emergency medical personnel pronounced the victim deceased at the scene at 3:27 a.m.

The bloody kitchen knife was found at the scene and a pair of scissors may have also been used.

The victim also had prior arrests on his record, sources said.

It was not immediately clear who lived in the apartment or what sparked the attack.

No charges have been filed. Asked for comment, a Brooklyn DA spokesperson said, “This case is under an ongoing investigation.”

You May Also Like

King Charles Reportedly Blindsided by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Move Back to Britain

King Charles is understood to have been caught off guard by news…

How Prince Harry and Meghan’s American Ventures Fell Short of Expectations

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s reported plan to bring their family back…

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Set to Move Back to the UK

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to return to the United…

Texas Dad Accused of Killing Wife After Police Find Key Clue

A Texas man accused in the violent death of his estranged wife…

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Already Have New Home Lined Up

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are said to have quietly lined up…

NYC Teaching Assistants to Receive $10K Pay Raise as Bill Becomes Law Without Zohran Mamdani’s Signature

A measure that would raise pay for New York City teaching assistants…

Missing Sydney Bushwalker Lily Hooper Found Dead

The family of missing hiker Lily Hooper suffered an agonising few minutes…

Melting Swiss Alps Glacier Reveals Bodies of Hikers Missing for 30 Years

The remains of two Belgian hikers who disappeared more than three decades…

Teen Lifeguard Suffers Spinal Injury in San Diego Drill

A young San Diego lifeguard is facing a long and difficult recovery…

Police Swarm SC Home Tied to Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend

Police were seen arriving Wednesday morning at a South Carolina residence connected…

Hayden Panettiere Reveals Zebra Accident Pain Haunted Her for 20 Years

Hayden Panettiere has previously opened up about a frightening on-set accident involving…

Two Girls Found Safe in Trailer After Babysitter Abduction, Police Say

Police body camera video shows the tense rescue of two young sisters…