5.9k Share this
‘I lost my mind and beat the s*** out of her’: Chilling confession of Chicago father, 42, who murdered his teenage daughter with a metal pole and rubber mallet after arguing over whether she could go to prom
- Mohammed Almaru, 42, is charged with murdering his teen daughter Mia Maro
- Mia, 17, had told friends she was scared of her dad and thought he would kill her
- On Friday, she had wanted to go to her senior prom but he forbid her
- Mohammed used a metal pole and rubber mallet to beat his daughter in the head
- He then wrote a letter to one of his sons, confessing to the brutal killing
- On Sunday, one of Mia’s aunts arrived at the home to check on her
- Mohammed let her in, then went into the room where Mia’s lifeless body was under a blanket and tried to kill himself
- He is in the hospital but has been charged with first degree murder
A 42-year-old Chicago man charged with murdering his daughter confessed in a letter to his son afterwards: ‘I lost my mind, went out of control and beat the sh**t out of her.’
Mohammed Almaru has been charged with first degree murder for the death of his daughter Mia Maro, 17.
She was found dead inside the family home on Sunday by an aunt.
Her father had beaten her to death with a metal pole and rubber mallet after going through her phone and discovering she was ‘lying’ about things to him, according to charging documents.
In the days before her death, he had forbidden her from going to senior prom, telling her he ‘didn’t trust her’.
It’s unclear if she did go to the prom or not but her father attacked her in a rage and told family it was because he discovered she’d been lying to him.
Mohammed Almaru has been charged with first degree murder for the death of his daughter Mia Maro, 17. She was found dead inside the family home on Sunday by an aunt
‘I lost my mind, went out of control, and beat the s*** out of her, and accidental hit her in the head.
‘I laid down with her, was uncontious [sic] and woke up to her cold body,’ he told his son.
Sometime afterwards, he tried to kill himself by slashing his own throat and his wrists.
Almaru is now in the hospital and it’s unclear what his condition is. He has been charged with first degree murder.
The teenager’s body was found inside this home in Tinley Park, Chicago
Mia had told friends she feared her father was going to kill her, court documents reveal
Mia was being cared for by her aunt, Randa Almaru, who is her father’s sister. She called police on Sunday to report finding her body.
Police later found the weapons he used in the attack.
In the days before the attack, Mia had told friends that she was allowed to go to the prom and that her father had helped her pick her dress.
But court documents reveal that he changed his mind, forbidding her from going.
The prom was on April 29. According to one of her other aunt’s, Mia was not at home while it was going on but her Find My iPhone app showed that she wasn’t near where the prom was either.
She didn’t hear from her niece in the days afterwards, so went to the home on Sunday and found her dead inside.
Source: Daily Mail