Chicago gov refuses ultimatum as Trump preps 300 National Guard troops

Donald Trump will deploy 300 members of the National Guard in Illinois, state governor JB Pritzker said on Saturday.

‘In the coming hours, the Trump Administration intends to federalize 300 members of the Illinois National Guard,’ Pritzker said in a statement.

He mentioned, “They will take diligent Americans away from their everyday jobs and families just to partake in a contrived spectacle—not a genuine attempt to ensure public safety.”

‘For Donald Trump, this has never been about safety. This is about control.’

Pritzker called the Trump administration’s actions ‘outrageous and un-American’.

The Illinois governor claimed that his state had been given an ultimatum: to ‘call up your troops, or we will.’

Pritzker said there was ‘no need for military troops on the ground’ in Illinois. 

Illinois governor JB Pritzker announced on Saturday that Donald Trump would deploy 300 members of the National Guard in the state

Illinois governor JB Pritzker announced on Saturday that Donald Trump would deploy 300 members of the National Guard in the state

Trump had said that his administration would be 'going into Chicago very soon'

Trump had said that his administration would be ‘going into Chicago very soon’

Pritzker called the National Guard's deployment 'outrageous and un-American'

Pritzker called the National Guard’s deployment ‘outrageous and un-American’

He also added: ‘This demand follows unprecedented escalations of aggression against Illinois citizens and residents. 

“Yesterday, the masked agents of Kristi Noem and Greg Bovino launched chemical agents in the vicinity of an elementary school, apprehended elected officials exercising their First Amendment rights, and conducted a raid at a Wal-Mart.”

‘None of it was in pursuit of justice, but all of it was in pursuit of social media videos.’

On Tuesday, Trump said that his administration would be ‘going into Chicago very soon’. 

The US president’s remarks came as he addressed military generals and admirals in Quantico, Virginia. 

Trump said then about Pritzker: ‘That’s a big city with an incompetent governor. Stupid governor.’ 

The US president has long implied that he could mobilize the National Guard in Illinois.

Trump posted a meme about himself on Truth Social: 'I love the smell of deportations in the morning. Chicago about to find out why it's called the Department of WAR'

Trump shared a meme on Truth Social portraying himself saying, “I love the smell of deportations in the morning. Chicago is about to find out why it’s called the Department of WAR.”

Chicago Government Rejects Ultimatum as Trump Readies 300 National Guard Troops

Trump previously called Pritzker an ‘incompetent’ and ‘stupid’ governor 

Pritzker said that 'none of what Trump is doing is making Illinois safer'

Pritzker said that ‘none of what Trump is doing is making Illinois safer’

In September, Trump shared an image depicting him with the phrase “Chipocalypse Now,” donning a cowboy hat with explosions and military helicopters in the background.

The Truth Social post said: ‘I love the smell of deportations in the morning. 

‘Chicago about to find out why it’s called the Department of WAR.’

Trump also warned the ‘weak and pathetic Governor’ Pritzker to ‘straighten it out FAST.’

The US president previously sent the National Guard into Democrat-led Los Angeles and Washington DC.

Louisiana’s Republican governor Jeff Landry has asked for up to 1,000 Louisiana National Guard troops to be activated in his state. 

Earlier this week, Pritzker stated that the Illinois National Guard had “received information that the Department of Homeland Security sent a memo to the Department of War requesting the deployment” of troops to Illinois.

The mobilization, Pritzker said, was for the ‘protection of ICE personnel and facilities.’

Pritzker added: ‘What I have been warning of is now being realized.

‘One thing is clear: none of what Trump is doing is making Illinois safer.’

A woman identified only as La Maggie, according to her Facebook page, was shot by Border Patrol agents in Chicago on Saturday

A woman identified only as La Maggie, according to her Facebook page, was shot by Border Patrol agents in Chicago on Saturday

The National Guard’s deployment is just one of the Trump administration’s recent actions in Chicago.

The Department of Homeland Security announced on Wednesday that ICE and US Border Patrol officers had detained “more than 800 illegal aliens,” including the “worst of the worst,” as part of Operation “Midway Blitz” in Chicago.

The operation started on September 8 and is intended to ‘target the criminal illegal aliens who flocked to Chicago and Illinois because they knew Governor Pritzker and his sanctuary policies would protect them and allow them to roam free on American streets,’ the DHS said in a press release.

On Friday, Office of Management and Budget director Russ Vought announced that $2.1billion in Chicago infrastructure projects had been frozen to ‘ensure funding is not flowing via race-based contracting.’

Pritzker’s announcement regarding the National Guard’s mobilization happened on the same day that officials said Border Patrol agents in Chicago shot a woman after officers were ‘rammed by ten cars.’

According to a statement released by the DHS, one of the drivers was a woman armed with a semi-automatic weapon, forcing officers to open fire. 

Their statement added that the woman in question was part of an internal threat bulletin circulated after allegedly doxxing and threatening law enforcement officials online. 

DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin said: ‘Unfortunately, JB Pritzker’s Chicago Police Department is leaving the shooting scene and refuses to assist us in securing the area.

‘There is a crowd growing and we are deploying special operations to control a growing crowd.’

Images captured at the scene showed a large presence of federal agents, who blocked out a road using their vehicles as a crowd of protestors formed.

A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department told Daily Mail: ‘The Chicago Police Department responded to the 3900 block of S. Kedzie Ave Saturday morning for a call of a person shot.

‘CPD responded to the scene to document the incident. CPD officers were also on-scene to maintain safety and traffic control for all living and working in the area.

You May Also Like

US Secretly Escorts Millions of Oil Barrels Through Strait of Hormuz in High-Stakes Operation

The US has quietly helped move millions of barrels of oil each…

James Talarico’s 2023 Sermon Resurfaces: ‘God Is Not a Christian’ and Abortion Defense

WASHINGTON — James Talarico, the Texas Democrat now seeking a U.S. Senate…

Rob Reiner’s Children Testified in Grand Jury Probe That Led to Their Brother’s Indictment

The brother and sister of Nick Reiner, who is accused of killing…

Fewer Than 1 in 4 Brits Want Harry and Meghan Back in the UK

Public support for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle returning to the UK…

US Army Faces Criticism Over Dangerous Reversal on Futuristic Drone and Robot Unit

The US Army is preparing to wind down its drone assault battalion…

Killer Beauty Queen Pregnant, New Life With Lover Revealed

To anyone passing on the street, she might appear to be an…

Foreign Migrant Convicted of Rape Wins Right to Remain in UK

Reform UK and Conservative MPs have renewed demands for sweeping changes to…

Karmelo Anthony’s Lawyer Shares Personal Puberty Detail During Case

A murder trial that exposed deep racial divisions across the country came…

Married NY Doctor’s Humiliating Texts to Stripper Mistress

A married New York doctor begged his stripper mistress to show mercy…

Baby Dies After Doctor Grandmother Leaves Her in Hot Car, Police Say

Stacey Fazenbaker rushed across the parking lot of her medical practice, gripped…

Hayden Panettiere’s On-Off Boyfriend Speaks Out After Brother Jansen’s Tragic Death

Brian Hickerson, the on-and-off boyfriend of Hayden Panettiere, has issued a statement…

NYC Mayoral Aide Signals Aid for Stores Impacted by City-Run Supermarkets

A top official helping steer New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s proposed…