Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Journalists from around the world tour Gaza City with oversight from the Israeli military
  • Local news

Journalists from around the world tour Gaza City with oversight from the Israeli military

    International journalists visit Gaza City under the supervision of Israel's army
    Up next
    Inside decimated Gaza City, where every day is still life and death
    Life and Death in War-Torn Gaza City: A Daily Struggle for Survival
    Published on 04 October 2025
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • Army,
    • city,
    • Donald Trump,
    • Gaza,
    • International,
    • Israel039s,
    • journalists,
    • supervision,
    • The,
    • under,
    • visit,
    • world news
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest

    An Israeli military vehicle moves through desolate streets in a damaged neighborhood of Gaza City. Using a video camera, a soldier identifies individuals standing inside a nearby ruined building. The armored vehicle then continues on its path.

    Shortly thereafter, the vehicle halts near a deserted hospital that was once managed by the Jordanian government. According to a high-ranking official, who provided information anonymously due to military regulations, soldiers recently uncovered a tunnel used by Hamas close to the hospital.

    This past Friday, the Israeli military allowed international journalists to tour Gaza City, which is currently the target of renewed efforts to eliminate Hamas. This tour offered a rare and controlled view of the wartorn area, where years of conflict have led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Palestinians.

    In August, experts from around the world declared that the city was experiencing a famine and cautioned that Israel’s military actions along with the massive movement of people would worsen the humanitarian crisis.

    The soldiers involved in the tour emphasized that their military efforts aim to be precise, reducing risks to civilians while being necessary to dismantle a significantly weakened yet still dangerous militant group that holds onto 48 hostages.

    Israel has restricted international media access to Gaza for two years, only permitting infrequent, short visits under military guidance like this recent one.

    A city under siege

    The drive into and out of Gaza City was through the Netzarim corridor, which separates northern and southern Gaza and is used as a military zone. The route was littered with destroyed buildings and mounds of concrete. Few signs of life were seen during the tour, which lasted several hours.

    Once in Gaza City’s Sabra neighborhood, the army took journalists to a lookout point several hundred meters away from the deserted Jordanian hospital. The army said Hamas had been making weapons in a room beneath the hospital while the Jordanians were aboveground, in control of the health care facility — one of many struggling to operate in recent weeks as Israeli attacks intensified.

    Surrounded by destruction and collapsed buildings, the hospital shut down about two weeks ago. What appeared to be a tube extended from one of its buildings into a mound of dirt in front of it, which soldiers said was where the tunnel was located. A few hundred feet away, excavators moved piles of sand, as the sound of gunfire and artillery reverberated in the background.

    Of Gaza’s 36 hospitals, 22 are no longer operational and the remaining 14 are only partially functional, according to the World Health Organization.

    Israel accuses Hamas of using health facilities as command centers and for military purposes, putting civilians in harm’s way, though it has presented little evidence. Hamas security personnel have been seen in hospitals and have kept some areas inaccessible.

    A soldier showed journalists videos taken from a drone that flew through the 1.5 km (1 mile) long tunnel. The video showed narrow tunnels that led to rooms, one which showed explosives lined against the wall.

    A Jordanian official speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter denied that its hospital was being used by Hamas. The AP could not independently verify the Israeli army’s claims.

    A few hundred meters from the Jordanian hospital, soldiers with the 36th division were positioned in a house they say had previously been used by Hamas. Shards of glass and concrete blanketed the floor, wires hung from the ceiling and on the walls were handwritten instructions in Hebrew about being on duty.

    Soldiers warned journalists not to stand too close to the windows because of snipers. A day earlier, the building beside the house was hit by sniper fire, one soldier said.

    The fate of Gaza City

    On the eve of the war, Gaza City was home to roughly 1 million people. Throughout the conflict, it has been the focus of regular Israeli bombardment and ground operations. Several neighborhoods have been almost completely destroyed. Hundreds of thousands fled under Israeli evacuation orders at the start of the war but many returned during a ceasefire earlier this year.

    Before their latest campaign in Gaza City began last month, Israel warned Palestinians to evacuate south. Earlier this week, Israel’s Defense Minister Israel Katz said people had one last chance to go, and that anyone left behind would be considered a Hamas supporter.

    The senior army official leading the journalists’ through Gaza City on Friday was more measured, however.

    “We’re trying every day to explain how much safer it is to go down to the south,” the senior official said. “And when we get closer to areas with a lot of population, we stop and we try with other means to get them out of this area.”

    While hundreds of thousands have left, many have remained, some unable to afford to move, others too weak to leave or not wanting to be displaced once again.

    Trump’s proposed deal to end the war

    After Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, 2023, killing some 1,200 people and abducting 251, Israel launched a retaliatory offensive that has killed more than 67, 000 Palestinians. That number is according to Gaza’s Health Ministry, which does not say how many were civilians or combatants. It says women and children make up around half the dead.

    The ministry is part of the Hamas-run government, and the U.N. and many independent experts consider its figures to be the most reliable estimate of wartime casualties.

    Israel’s army said Saturday that it would advance preparations for the first phase of U.S. President Donald Trump’s plan to end the war and return all the remaining hostages, after Hamas said it accepted parts of the deal and that others still needed to be negotiated.

    The army will move to a defensive position rather than an offensive one, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media on the record.

    Still, it’s unclear how that will affect people in Gaza City. On Saturday, the army warned Palestinians in the rest of Gaza from returning there, calling it a dangerous combat zone.

    ___

    Associated Press reporters Omar Akour in Amman, Jordan, Samy Magdy in Cairo, Egypt, and Sarah El Deeb in Beirut, Lebanon, contributed.

    Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like
    Brazil and India agree to boost cooperation on rare earths
    • Local news

    Brazil and India Forge Strategic Partnership to Enhance Collaboration on Rare Earth Elements

    SAO PAULO – On Saturday, Brazil and India reached an important agreement…
    • Internewscast
    • February 21, 2026
    President Trump wants to impose 15% tariff, up from 10% he announced after Supreme Court decision
    • Local news

    Trump Proposes Steeper 15% Tariff Hike Post-Supreme Court Ruling: Economic Implications Unveiled

    WASHINGTON – In a surprising turn of events, President Donald Trump announced…
    • Internewscast
    • February 21, 2026
    US military airlifts small reactor as Trump pushes to quickly deploy nuclear power
    • Local news

    Trump Accelerates U.S. Nuclear Power Expansion: Military Airlifts Advanced Reactor for Rapid Deployment

    HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah – In an unprecedented move, the Pentagon,…
    • Internewscast
    • February 21, 2026
    NYC nursing walkout ends as last striking nurses approve new contract
    • Local news

    Historic NYC Nursing Strike Ends: New Contract Promises Better Conditions and Care

    NEW YORK – A significant nursing strike has concluded as nurses at…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026

    Comprehensive Roster: Candidates Submit Petitions for Washington County, TN Elections

    In Jonesborough, Tennessee, a pivotal moment arrived as prospective candidates faced the…
    • Internewscast
    • February 21, 2026

    Elizabethton Resident Establishes Park in Memory of Late Daughter

    ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. (WJHL) – In a heartfelt tribute to his late daughter,…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026
    Stars descend on the BAFTA film awards, with 'One Battle' and 'Sinners' leading the race
    • Local news

    BAFTA Buzz: ‘One Battle’ and ‘Sinners’ Dominate the Spotlight as Stars Shine Bright

    LONDON – TO BE UPDATED AT 0500GMT SUNDAY The riveting political thriller…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026
    'Over her not going out with him': Man threatened his ex-girlfriend and broke into her home, then 'froze' as officers caught him 'climbing out of the bedroom window,' police say
    • Crime

    Shocking Home Intrusion: Man Arrested After Break-In Over Ex-Girlfriend’s Rejection

    Share An Oklahoma man has been accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026
    Pennsylvania high school student Zachariah Abraham Meyers accused of running 'large-scale' catfishing, sextortion scheme targeting 21 minors
    • US

    Pennsylvania Teen Allegedly Orchestrates Extensive Sextortion Scheme Involving 21 Minors

    An 18-year-old high school senior from Pennsylvania is now confronting numerous felony…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026
    NRL star Luke Bateman on why I'm A Celebrity will be his last show
    • Entertainment

    NRL Athlete Luke Bateman Reveals Why ‘I’m A Celebrity’ Marks His Final TV Appearance

    As the grand finale of “I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026
    US soldiers moved from Qatari base as Trump urged to strike Iran NOW
    • News

    Urgent Military Shift: US Troop Relocation from Qatar Amidst Rising Tensions with Iran

    In a development illustrating the rising tensions between the United States and…
    • Internewscast
    • February 22, 2026
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.