Ten found guilty of cyberbullying France's first lady Brigitte Macron
Share this @internewscast.com
A Paris court has found 10 people guilty of cyberbullying France’s first lady Brigitte Macron by spreading false online claims about her gender and sexuality, including allegations she was born a man.
The court convicted all defendants to sentences ranging from cyberbullying awareness training to eight-month suspended prison sentences.

The court highlighted comments targeting Mrs. Macron as “particularly degrading, insulting, and malicious,” focusing on false claims about her alleged transgender identity and supposed criminal behavior involving children.

French President Emmanuel Macron’s wife Brigitte Macron. (AP)
The defendants, eight men and two women aged 41 to 65, are accused of having posted “numerous malicious comments” falsely claiming that President Emmanuel Macron‘s wife was born a man and linking their 24-year age gap to paedophilia. Some of the posts were viewed tens of thousands of times.

Although Mrs. Macron did not attend the October trial, she appeared on TF1 national television on Sunday, explaining that she initiated the legal action to “set an example” in combating harassment.

Her daughter, Tiphaine Auzière, testified about the “deterioration” in her mother’s life caused by the surge in online harassment.

“She cannot turn a blind eye to the horrific things said about her,” Auzière informed the court, noting the widespread impact on the family, including Mrs. Macron’s grandchildren.

Delphine Jegousse, 51, also known as Amandine Roy, a self-proclaimed medium and author, was found to be a key figure in spreading the rumor through a four-hour video she posted on her YouTube channel in 2021. She received a six-month prison sentence.

Defendant Delphine Jegousse, 51, who is known as Amandine Roy and describes herself as a medium and an author. (AP)
Defendant Bertrand Scholler answers reporters after a Paris court has found 10 people guilty of cyberbullying France’s first lady, Brigitte Macron. (AP)

Aurélien Poirson-Atlan, 41, known as Zoé Sagan on social media, had his X account suspended in 2024 after being linked to multiple judicial investigations. He was sentenced to eight months in prison.

Other defendants include an elected official, a teacher and a computer scientist. Several told the court their comments were intended as humour or satire and said they did not understand why they were being prosecuted.

The case follows years of conspiracy theories falsely alleging that Mrs Macron was born under the name Jean-Michel Trogneux, which is actually the name of her brother. The Macrons have also filed a defamation suit in the United States against conservative influencer Candace Owens.

The Macrons, who have been married since 2007, first met at the high school where he was a student and she was a teacher. Mrs Macron, 24 years her husband’s senior, was then called Brigitte Auzière, a married mother of three.

Mr Macron, 48, has been France’s president since 2017.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
NSW farmer and butcher Bianca Tarrant said the tariffs had a flow-on effect for producers.

Aussie Farmers Brace for Impact: US Tariff Shifts Spark Concerns Down Under

Farmers and producers across Australia are on edge after Donald Trump said…

Donald Trump Elevates Global Tariffs to 15% Maximum, Marking Temporary Increase

In a surprising twist, President Donald Trump announced his decision to increase…

From Pilot to Disgraced Figure: The Transformation of Former Prince Andrew

In Brief Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday after police previously said…

Police Sergeant Faces Double Drink-Driving Allegations in Single Day

An off-duty police officer has been charged after allegedly being caught drink…

Burke Announces Initiation of Procedures to Proscribe Islamist Organization Hizb ut-Tahrir

In brief Burke said his department had received advice from ASIO that…
Haroula Kipouridou was working as a singer at a Greek tavern at the time of her murder.

Unveiling Justice: $1 Million Reward Offered in Chilling Cold Case Murder Investigation

A rare $1 million reward is being offered to help solve the…
More than 1500 alkaloid poppy plant heads were stolen from the Ballarat farm recently.

Urgent Health Alert Issued Following Theft of 1,700 Toxic Poppy Plants from Confidential Farm Location

Health authorities are raising the alarm after around 1700 toxic poppy plants…
Melonie Mckay was run over in her own driveway after allegedly getting into an argument with her neighbour.

Grandmother’s Tragic Death: Man Faces Murder Charges in Alleged Hit-and-Run

A man has been charged with murder after allegedly running over his…

ASIO: No Passport Bans for Women Allegedly Linked to IS, Confirms Burke

Australian authorities are grappling with the dilemma of whether to allow the…
President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing at the White House on Friday, February 20 in Washington.

Trump to Boost Tariffs to 15% Following Game-Changing Supreme Court Decision

President Donald Trump said on Saturday that he wants a global tariff…
Radical Islamist group closer to hate speech laws ban

Crackdown on Hate Speech: Islamist Group Faces Potential Ban

In a significant development, Australia’s Home Affairs Minister, Tony Burke, announced today…
Chris Baghsarian has been missing for more than a week.

Police Intensify Investigation into Burnt-Out Car in Urgent Search for Missing Grandfather

Police believe a car torched in Sydney‘s west earlier this week is…