Share this @internewscast.com
Police said Emanuel Cuff, 24, was arrested Wednesday on charges of murder and armed robbery in the death of 14-year-old Micah Thomas.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Another person has been charged with murder in the shooting death of a 14-year-old on New Year’s Day last year, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday.
Police said Emanuel Cuff, 24, was arrested Wednesday on charges of murder and armed robbery in the death of 14-year-old Micah Thomas. The teen was fatally shot the evening of Jan. 1, 2024, on Castle Boulevard.


Police said Cuff’s arrest marks the eighth related to Thomas’ murder investigation.
In June 2024, police arrested three people in connection with Thomas’ death: Rian Brown, 16, and Isaiah Conner, 23, both face murder charges and Lamaya Gillis, 20, faces a charge of accessory after the fact.


The following four people were also arrested in the case:
- Antonio Thornton, 19.
- Roderick Brunson, 19.
- J’nethen Jackson, 20.
- William Middleton, 23.
Cuff was already in federal custody on unrelated charges and was extradited to the Jacksonville Pretrial Detention Facility, police said.
What happened?
Officers responded around 6:10 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2024 to the 9000 block of Castle Boulevard in reference to a person shot.
When officers arrived, they found Thomas suffering from a gunshot wound. The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department took Thomas to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Half a dozen neighbors in the area described hearing up to six gunshots followed by a woman’s “bloodcurdling” scream.
JSO’s Homicide and Crime Scene detectives, along with the State Attorney’s Office, responded to the scene to conduct their respective investigations.
Eight people are now facing charges in connection with the crime.