Woke CEO's entitlement after 'triggering financial Armageddon'
Share this @internewscast.com

A former executive in San Francisco is taking legal action against a police-funded charity from which she was accused of embezzling more than $100,000, asserting that she is entitled to thousands in owed wages.

Kyra Worthy, aged 50, filed a lawsuit on Friday against the non-profit San Francisco SAFE, as well as its former board chair, Dan Lawson, asserting that there are outstanding unpaid wages owed to her. 

Worthy, seeking a payout of around $26,000, was fired from the organization after public funds were found to have been misused by the organization. 

SF SAFE, an organization dedicated to safety and crime prevention for the past 48 years, unexpectedly closed in January 2024, following numerous allegations of financial misconduct.

In the lawsuit, Worthy claimed that the non-profit never handed over her final paycheck nor had she been paid for vacation time. 

She further stated that after repeated attempts to receive her final payments, she ‘is left with no option but to pursue legal action.’

Subsequent to her dismissal, the ex-executive was charged with approximately 34 felonies related to the alleged misappropriation of more than $700,000 in public funds, to which Worthy pleaded not guilty.

She claimed that the aftermath following the scandal caused her ’emotional distress, including anxiety, insomnia, and depression,’ the suit claimed. 

Kyra Worthy, 50, sued non-profit San Francisco SAFE on Friday, as well as its previous board chair, Dan Lawson, after claiming she is owed thousands in unpaid wages

Kyra Worthy, 50, pursued legal action against the non-profit organization San Francisco SAFE and its former board chair, Dan Lawson, citing claims of unpaid wages she believes she is owed.

SF SAFE, a 48-year running non-profit focused on safety and crime prevention, abruptly shuttered in January 2024 after facing the slew of financial misconduct allegations

SF SAFE, a longstanding non-profit with a focus on maintaining safety and preventing crime, ceased operations abruptly in January 2024 amid numerous allegations of financial impropriety.

Worthy (pictured right with board chair Dan Lawson) faced roughly 34 felonies related to the alleged misuse of over $700,000 in public money. Worthy pleaded not guilty to the charges

Worthy (pictured right with board chair Dan Lawson) faced roughly 34 felonies related to the alleged misuse of over $700,000 in public money. Worthy pleaded not guilty to the charges

Staff of the nonprofit were accused, in one instance, of using the funds for a $15,000 Lake Tahoe trip. 

The scandal, revealed following a city investigation, included public funds allegedly being used for luxury gifts, valet parking at an exclusive club, and limo services during a Lake Tahoe trip, the San Francisco Standard reported. 

Prosecutors claimed that the non-profit had been completely drained of its funds by the time Worthy was let go. 

Her last encounter with her former employer was described as ‘unusually cold, hostile, and adversarial,’ upon her exit in January 2024, the same month the organization shuttered. 

Worthy additionally claimed that she had never been officially notified of her dismissal, and only learned of her firing after reporters from the Standard contacted her for comment. 

The lawsuit was condemned by a former employee, who asked to remain anonymous and said Worthy’s suit was appalling. 

They too did not receive a final paycheck nor were they paid for unused sick leave or vacation time from the organization, they told the San Francisco Chronicle.  

The San Francisco Police Department previously described the non-profit as a ‘community engagement arm’ and were determined to have given SF SAFE between $3.8 million and $5.3 million without checking receipts, the outlet reported. 

The scandal, revealed following a city investigation, included public funds allegedly being used for luxury gifts, valet parking at an exclusive club, and limo services during a Lake Tahoe trip

The scandal, revealed following a city investigation, included public funds allegedly being used for luxury gifts, valet parking at an exclusive club, and limo services during a Lake Tahoe trip

In the lawsuit, Worthy claimed that the non-profit never handed over her final paycheck nor had she been paid for vacation time and is seeking a $26,000 payout

In the lawsuit, Worthy claimed that the non-profit never handed over her final paycheck nor had she been paid for vacation time and is seeking a $26,000 payout

Worthy claimed that the aftermath following the scandal caused her 'emotional distress, including anxiety, insomnia, and depression'

Worthy claimed that the aftermath following the scandal caused her ’emotional distress, including anxiety, insomnia, and depression’

According to the District Attorney’s Office, Worthy spent more than $350,000 on luxury gift boxes in 2022 and 2023, as well as nearly $100,000 on an event called Candy Explosion in 2023. 

Furthermore, Worthy allegedly used money from the organization to cover $8,000 in rent payments and disguised the transactions as community programming. 

Court filings further claimed Worthy spent more than $90,000 in funds in 2019 and 2020 on an in-home healthcare aid for her parents in North Carolina, the Standard reported. 

The District Attorney’s Office said in a press release: ‘The affidavit states that when Ms. Worthy was hired at the beginning of 2018, SF SAFE had cash reserves in excess of three hundred thousand dollars.’

‘Despite SF SAFE receiving millions of dollars in public and private funds over the next five years, Ms. Worthy’s theft and mismanagement resulted in the 48-year-old charity having no assets and ceasing operations in January of 2024,’ the DA added.

Supervisor Aaron Peskin told the Standard that he had called for the department to cut its funding after years of previous allegations against the non-profit. 

‘They should not be doing business with her, plain and simple,’ he said of Worthy.

The Daily Mail reached out to Kyra Worthy and SF SAFE for comment.  

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Jenrick Takes Charge as ‘Shadow Chancellor’ in Reform’s Strategic Plan to Revitalize Britain

Nigel Farage has introduced the first-ever Reform Party ‘shadow cabinet,’ appointing former…

Tragic Avalanche Strikes: Remembering the Lives of Two British Skiers

Two British skiers who tragically lost their lives in an avalanche at…

Ukrainian Refugee and Partner Tragically Killed by Former Spouse on Valentine’s Day

A tragic incident unfolded in North Carolina when a Ukrainian refugee and…

Customer Allegedly Plants Hair in Meal to Avoid Payment at Local Diner: Bizarre Incident Sparks Outrage

A restaurant has publicly called out two diners who allegedly staged a…

Investigation into Antonia Romeo Reveals Significant Bullying Allegations

Allegations of bullying against the leading candidate for the United Kingdom’s top…

Breaking News: Miami Dolphins Part Ways with Star Receiver Tyreek Hill

The Miami Dolphins have parted ways with wide receiver Tyreek Hill, a…

Apple Martin Addresses School Expulsion Rumors: The Truth Behind the Headlines

Apple Martin, the daughter of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, has firmly…

Meghan Markle’s Food Charity Shutters: The Final Chapter in Duchess’s Culinary Outreach

Meghan Markle’s debut into her role as a working royal was marked…

Starmer’s Political Setback: Government’s Abandoned Election Plan Sparks Embarrassment

On Monday, Sir Keir Starmer experienced a significant setback after Nigel Farage…

Incarcerated for 23 Years, Man Claims Police Misconduct Led to His Wrongful Conviction for Murder

After spending 23 years behind bars for a crime he may not…

Jacinta Price Returns as Angus Taylor Reveals New Shadow Cabinet Lineup

Jacinta Nampijinpa Price is poised to make a significant return to the…

Authorities Identify Hockey Game Shooter as Robert Dorgan, Linked to Two Fatalities

The shocking events that unfolded at a high school hockey game in…