Factory worker dies 'trapped' inside oven in horrifying accident
Share this @internewscast.com

A Missouri factory worker suffered a horrific death after getting stuck inside an industrial oven used to make cereal for Walmart. 

Nicolas Lopez Gomez, 38, originating from Guatemala and using the alias Edward Avila, tragically passed away while working at the Gilster Marylee Cereal Plant in Perryville on Thursday at about 3pm, as per police reports.

He was conducting an exterior power-wash of the large oven. It’s still uncertain how Gomez came to be inside the switched-off oven, although there is no suspicion of foul play by the authorities.

Panicked co-workers urgently dialed 911 to try to save him once they realized he was trapped.

Within less than 20 minutes of the first responders’ arrival, the Perry County Coroner was called to the scene, where Gomez was subsequently declared deceased, according to a statement by the Perryville Police Department.

The coroner’s office is working with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to investigate the harrowing incident. 

Gilster Marylee factory is used to make cereals sold under a retailer’s own brand name. It is a significant supplier to Walmart, Sam’s Club and Albertsons. 

DailyMail.com has reached out to Perryville police for more information. 

The oven was turned off when Gomez became lodged inside. Panicked co-workers urgently dialed 911 to try to save him (pictured: a machine inside the Gilster Marylee Cereal Plant)

The oven was turned off when Gomez became lodged inside. Panicked co-workers urgently dialed 911 to try to save him (pictured: a machine inside the Gilster Marylee Cereal Plant)

Nicolas Lopez Gomez, 38, a Guatemalan national who worked under the alias Edward Avila, died while cleaning the massive oven at the Gilster Marylee Cereal Plant in Perryville (pictured) on Thursday afternoon

Nicolas Lopez Gomez, 38, a Guatemalan national who worked under the alias Edward Avila, died while cleaning the massive oven at the Gilster Marylee Cereal Plant in Perryville (pictured) on Thursday afternoon

Gomez’s unsettling death comes eight months after a teen working at a Canadian Walmart was baked to death inside a walk-in oven. 

Gursimran Kaur’s charred remains were found by her mother inside a bakery oven of a the store she worked at in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on October 19.

The mother and her 19-year-old daughter had been living in Canada for about three years and worked at Walmart together. The pair had moved from India, where Kaur’s brother and father remain. 

On the day of the deadly incident, her mother could not find her for over an hour, with her phone unusually turned off and unreachable. 

Then, a bakery section employee pointed out a ‘leakage’ from inside the walk-in oven – which led Kaur’s mother to make the gut-wrenching discovery of her burned-to-death daughter.

By the time emergency responders arrived at the scene, Kaur had died inside the industrial oven.

Police ruled out foul play in November, but the store was closed until February 3 for renovations.

‘It’s great to have our customers and our associates back in the store,’ Nick Ritcey with Walmart Canada’s corporate affairs told CBC at the time.

‘Obviously the tragedy is still top of mind and it’s something that will be sad forever.’ 

The Halifax Walmart store where Gursimran Kaur (pictured), 19, was baked to death in a walk-in oven has decided to throw out the industrial-grade appliance

The Halifax Walmart store where Gursimran Kaur (pictured), 19, was baked to death in a walk-in oven has decided to throw out the industrial-grade appliance 

While the exact brand of the oven involved in the incident has not yet been revealed, other Walmart stores are known to have ovens like the one pictured installed

While the exact brand of the oven involved in the incident has not yet been revealed, other Walmart stores are known to have ovens like the one pictured installed

After police said the Halifax store could reopen, Walmart confirmed they would remove the walk-in oven.

Walmart spokesperson Amanda Moss told the National Post: ‘This is an extremely sad and difficult situation.

‘Removing the oven had always been part of the standard remodel program we are implementing across the country.

‘Now that the stop-work order has been lifted by the Department of Labor, the oven will be removed from this store and will no longer be used.’

Gilster-Mary Lee Corporation has operated for 125 years and has 11 locations across Illinois, Missouri and Arkansas, according to its website. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Trump Takes Bold Action: Revokes All Biden Autopen Executive Orders – What This Means for America

In a dramatic twist, Donald Trump has nullified all executive orders signed…

Sam’s Club Customer Causes Uproar by Purchasing Entire Stock of Roast Chicken

Chaos erupted at a Sam’s Club on the eve of Thanksgiving when…

Eviction Forces Horticulturist to Leave Beloved ‘Secret Garden’ Footpath Transformation Behind

After dedicating eight years to turning a neglected walkway into a serene…

Breaking: National Guard Incident Sparks Debate as Liberals Point to Trump’s Influence

In a pointed critique, a former Democratic National Committee chair has squarely…

Tragic Jetski Incident: British Man’s Final Moments Unfold Before Partner’s Eyes

Heart-wrenching video captures a father cradling his newborn on a yacht, mere…

Black Friday Shopping Chaos: Valley Fair Mall Shooting Leaves Several Injured

Shoppers at West San Jose’s Westfield Valley Fair Mall found themselves in…

Exclusive: Politician Breaks Silence on Burka Controversy in Parliament Interview with Jenny Johnston

What a sight. It’s no surprise that the image quickly became a…

Father Allegedly Drowns Teen Daughter in Swamp in Suspected Honor Killing

A tragic incident in the Netherlands has led to the death of…

Tragic Safari Encounter: Heroic Boyfriend’s Valiant Effort to Save Tourist from Fatal Mauling

A tragic incident unfolded on the shores of Australia when a young…

Keith Urban’s Alleged New Romance Sparks Fresh Nicole Kidman Divorce Speculation

In classic cowboy movies, the phrase goes, “This town ain’t big enough…

Former WWE Icon Stuns at 65: Unveiling Her Timeless Transformation

In the late 1990s, Debra Marshall emerged as one of WWE’s most…

Heightened Calls for Legal Action Against Anthony Fauci Following Trump’s Autopen Declaration

Conservative figures are calling for Anthony Fauci to face charges following President…