3.9k Share this

A family’s home has been destroyed and their cat has died after a fire ripped through the property. 

Emergency crews were called to the home in Prestons, southwest Sydney, on Sunday night. 

The fire is understood to have been started by a Tesla, which was charging in the family’s garage. 

Scroll down for the video

A house fire in Prestons, southwest Sydney, on Sunday night has left the family home severely damaged and killed a cat

A house fire in Prestons, southwest Sydney, on Sunday night has left the family home severely damaged and killed a cat

A house fire in Prestons, southwest Sydney, on Sunday night has left the family home severely damaged and killed a cat

NSW Police and Fire and Rescue teams attended the southwest Sydney fire on Sunday night

NSW Police and Fire and Rescue teams attended the southwest Sydney fire on Sunday night

NSW Police and Fire and Rescue teams attended the southwest Sydney fire on Sunday night

A video of the scene shows the garage  smoking as firefighters hose it down.

‘The fire has destroyed the garage and two vehicles inside,’ a firefighter at the scene said.

‘The fire has travelled through to the house and destroyed the kitchen.

‘Firefighters managed to cut off the fire and save the rest of the building.

‘Unfortunately one cat was lost in the fire and the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.’ 

Teslas are an electric car made in Texas, US, that cost anywhere between $85,000 to $192,000.

A firefighter at the scene said the fire had 'destroyed' the garage and kitchen and caused smoke damage to the rest of the home

A firefighter at the scene said the fire had 'destroyed' the garage and kitchen and caused smoke damage to the rest of the home

A firefighter at the scene said the fire had ‘destroyed’ the garage and kitchen and caused smoke damage to the rest of the home

The southwest Sydney family's cat was killed in the fire which was allegedly caused by a charging Tesla car

The southwest Sydney family's cat was killed in the fire which was allegedly caused by a charging Tesla car

The southwest Sydney family’s cat was killed in the fire which was allegedly caused by a charging Tesla car

Teslas are advertised as top-of-the-range, luxury vehicles that are a greener alternative to petrol cars.

In a 2020 report, Tesla claimed its car were 11 times less likely to catch fire than petrol cars. 

Police have set up a crime scene and are continuing their investigation.

The fire is understood to have been started by a Tesla car which was charging in the family's garage

The fire is understood to have been started by a Tesla car which was charging in the family's garage

The fire is understood to have been started by a Tesla car which was charging in the family’s garage

Source: DailyMail

3.9k Share this
You May Also Like

Experts reveal why Kate Moss’ testimony in support of ex Johnny Depp could ruin Amber Heard’s case

Johnny Depp’s ex-girlfriend Kate Moss is gearing up to take the stand…

Kaia Gerber, Kylie Minogue, Izabel Goulart and a VERY pregnant Adriana Lima lead the red carpet

Kaia Gerber stunned in red as a very pregnant Adriana Lima led…

Colorado Conservatives: State Giving Illegal Aliens Health Care Makes Citizens ‘Second Tier’

Three Colorado conservatives balked at the state’s waiver request to provide health…

White House Supports Making it Illegal for 18-Year-Olds to Purchase Rifles

The White House on Thursday endorsed the idea of raising the legal…

Thomas Markle hospitalised and unable to speak after stroke

The Duchess of Sussex’s father was in a US hospital last night…

Russian and Chinese jet holds first military exercise since war in Ukraine near Japanese airspace

Japan scrambled jets after two Chinese military aircrafts and four Russian warplanes…

Rising cost of inflation: Cornhuskers end balloon release over helium shortage

While it is the second-most abundant element in the universe (behind hydrogen)…

‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Has ‘No Negative Impact on 2nd Amendment’

During the ceremony for the signing 0f an executive order related to…