'Perfect recipe for a civil war': Warning as Hamas take to streets 

According to an expert, Hamas has set the stage for a potential civil war because the group has declared its intention to “cleanse Gaza of outlaws and collaborators with Israel.”

Hamas has summoned approximately 7,000 fighters to reclaim authority over parts of the area that Israeli forces vacated during the prolonged two-year conflict.

This development coincides with Israel’s anticipation that all remaining hostages held by Hamas will be freed within hours, ending their harrowing experiences of starvation, torture, and forced grave-digging.

However, Israel and Hamas are said to be locked in last-minute negotiations over the release of Palestinian prisoners.   

Hamas has stationed its units in various districts and appointed five new governors, each with a military background.

A former security officer from the Palestinian Authority expressed concern that Gaza might be on the brink of another internal struggle, fearing the rise of civil unrest.

‘Hamas hasn’t changed. It still believes that weapons and violence are the only means to keep its movement alive,’ he told the BBC.

He remarked that Gaza is overflowing with weapons, as looters have taken thousands of firearms and ammunition from Hamas stockpiles during the war. Additionally, some groups have reportedly obtained supplies from Israel.

Palestinians walk among destroyed buildings in Gaza City on Sunday, October 12

Palestinians walk among destroyed buildings in Gaza City on Sunday, October 12 

Palestinians continue to return from southern to northern Gaza on the third day of the ceasefire

Palestinians continue to return from southern to northern Gaza on the third day of the ceasefire

Residents move north along Al-Rashid Street with whatever belongings they managed to carry

Residents move north along Al-Rashid Street with whatever belongings they managed to carry

‘This is a perfect recipe for civil war: weapons, frustration, chaos, and a movement desperate to reassert control over a shattered and exhausted population.’ 

The mobilisation order was issued via phone calls and text messages that read: ‘We declare a general mobilisation in response to the call of national and religious duty, to cleanse Gaza of outlaws and collaborators with Israel.

‘You must report within 24 hours to your designated locations using your official codes’.

Images show gun-wielding officers, several of them in plain clothes and others in blue uniforms, patrolling the streets as tens of thousands of Palestinians headed back to the heavily destroyed norther Gaza Strip.

Questions remain over who will govern Gaza as Israeli troops gradually pull back and whether Hamas will disarm, as called for in Trump’s ceasefire plan.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted that Israel might renew its offensive if Hamas does not give up its weapons.

But the latest truce marks a key step toward ending a ruinous two-year-conflict that was triggered by Hamas’ October 7, 2023 attack on Israel.

The fighting has killed tens of thousands of Palestinians and displaced around 90 percent of the Gaza population of some two million, often multiple times. Many of them will find fields of rubble where their homes once stood.

The military confirmed the start of the ceasefire on Friday, and the remaining 48 hostages, around 20 of them believed to be alive, are to be released by Monday.

A large crowd gathers for first aid trucks in Gaza on October 12 amid the ceasefire

A large crowd gathers for first aid trucks in Gaza on October 12 amid the ceasefire

Civilians in Gaza continue to return from southern to northern Gaza on day three of the ceasefire

Civilians in Gaza continue to return from southern to northern Gaza on day three of the ceasefire 

Palestinians said heavy shelling in parts of Gaza earlier on Friday had mostly stopped after the military’s announcement.

Netanyahu said in a televised statement Friday that the next stages would see Hamas disarm and Gaza demilitarized.

‘If this is achieved the easy way – so be it. If not – it will be achieved the hard way,’ Netanyahu said.

The Israeli military has said it will continue to operate defensively from the roughly 50 percent of Gaza it still controls after pulling back to agreed-upon lines.

Meanwhile, the United Nations was given the green light by Israel to begin delivering scaled-up aid into Gaza starting Sunday, a U.N. official said. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss details not yet made public.

The aid shipments are meant to address severe malnutrition and famine conditions triggered by Israeli offensives and restrictions on humanitarian help.

The International Criminal Court is seeking the arrest of Netanyahu and his former defense minister for allegedly using starvation as a method of war. Israeli officials deny the accusations.

The aid will include 170,000 metric tons that have already been positioned in neighboring countries such as Jordan and Egypt as humanitarian officials awaited permission from Israeli forces to restart their work.

The Israeli hostages were expected to be released ‘any moment now’, US vice-president JD Vance said today. 

But today’s talks have cast a shadow of doubt on their release, The Telegraph first reported.  

Shosh Bedrosian, a spokesperson for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said earlier: ‘Israel is ready… if a living hostage requires any urgent medical attention, they will be brought to a medical facility immediately.’

You May Also Like

Small Plane Plunges Into Ocean as Florida Beachgoers Watch

A small aircraft plunged into the Atlantic Ocean just off one of…

Parking Lot Etiquette Dispute Roils America’s Wealthiest Mountain Town

A fierce parking scramble in one of America’s most exclusive mountain destinations…

Keith Urban Tears Up After Singing Ballad About Moving On at Concert

Keith Urban delivered a poignant ballad about an ex finding a way…

Mum Flies to US to Reopen Case of British Graduate Shot by Dad

The mother of a British woman shot dead by her father in…

Biden-Appointed Judge Blocks Trump Visa Freeze Affecting 75 Countries

A federal judge in New York has struck down a Trump administration…

Trump Blasts Tucker Carlson as Low IQ in Sharp New Feud

President Donald Trump has publicly broken with one-time ally Tucker Carlson, accusing…

Kim Zolciak’s Ex Kroy Picks Up Son’s Football Jersey After Arrest

Kim Zolciak’s estranged husband, Kroy Biermann, was seen in public on Saturday…

Newport Beach Police Rescue 5 Dogs From Deadly Hot Car

Five dogs trapped inside a sweltering car in Newport Beach were moments…

Trump Official Urges Return of Academic Suspended Over Jason Arday Row

Donald Trump’s ambassador to Belgium has intervened in a widening academic free…

Conjoined Twin Girls Die After Fifth Separation Surgery Fails

Two-year-old conjoined twin sisters tragically died during a highly complex separation operation…

Only 4% Say Prince William Should Move First Toward Harry

Prince William should leave it to Prince Harry to take the first…

NASA Engineer’s Side Hustle Generates $32,000 a Month

Eryn Andrews has imagined a future in space exploration since childhood, long…