Share this @internewscast.com
A woman fiercely attacked in a stabbing incident, allegedly by a former coworker, has received heartfelt gratitude from her sister to those who aided in her survival.
On Thursday, Zoe Samson-Wood, 20, reportedly endured 15 stab wounds inflicted by Cameron William Leslie Clark, 33, in the corridor of Easts Leagues Club, Coorparoo in Brisbane.
Ruby Samson-Wood, Zoe’s sister, has since provided an update, announcing that Zoe has been released from the hospital after receiving treatment for her severe injuries.
Authorities claim Clark targeted Ms. Samson-Wood with knife attacks to her body and head, shortly after his dismissal from his job as a kitchen hand at the venue.
Clark’s termination followed allegations and a subsequent company investigation into his previous harassment of Ms. Samson-Wood.
Ruby commended her sister for her resilience during the ordeal and expressed thanks to everyone who played a role in her recovery.
During the alleged assault another worker at the venue, a 61-year-old chef, got between the two. He was allegedly stabbed in the stomach and paramedics rushed him to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Ms Samson-Wood has now also been discharged from the Princess Alexandra Hospital despite having suffered significant nerve damage, her sister said.
Zoe Samson-Wood, 20, was stabbed 15 times while working at Brisbane’s Easts Leagues Club at Coorparoo on Thursday
Clark went to Easts Leagues Club (pictured) on his day off after he received written notice that his employment had been terminated
Police allege Cameron William Leslie Clark, 33, turned on the waitress shortly after having been fired from the venue
Clark allegedly began his assault in a hallway of the restaurant before its chef intervened long enough for Ms Samson-Wood to get away.
After this short pause however, Clark allegedly continued his assault in the dining area of the club where she had fled to.
He was quickly restrained by diners as emergency services arrived to the scene.
‘My heart goes out to you all, especially the man who saved her life and was stabbed in the abdomen as a result,’ she wrote.
‘Thank you to anyone who helped, even if it gave Zoe an extra millisecond to get away, you saved her life.
‘I share her story not to fearmonger or seek pity but to shine light on how immensely brave and strong Zoe is to survive this and to raise awareness of violence against women. I am here for every single woman that has been made to feel powerless.’
She said her sister had suffered a cut to her skull and tendons causing nerve damage requiring reconstructive surgery.
Clark has since been charged with one count each of attempted murder, unlawful stalking, unlawful wounding, acts intended to cause grievous bodily harm or transmit serious disease, and going armed so as to cause fear.
The Easts Leagues Club board thanked everyone who stepped in to help Ms Samson-Wood
Ruby (left) said her sister suffered nerve damage as a result of the stabbing
Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said the alleged attack was a ‘life-altering event’ for all involved.
‘Those people that were physically injured, those people that witnessed the event, they will forever remember what occurred,’ he told reporters.
‘I think we are very lucky and fortunate today that I’m not here discussing a more serious outcome.’
Clark now remains in custody and is next due to appear in court Monday.
His lawyer, Lana Millar, said he had been taken to hospital for treatment regarding injuries of his own.
The Easts Leagues Club board praised the efforts by all staff and diners.
‘In the worst of times, we truly saw the best of our people,’ they said in a statement.
‘We are grateful that our staff are safe, and we are working closely to support all of them through this upsetting time.
‘Our venue has now reopened for our community. We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and care shown to our staff since reopening, and for that, we are deeply thankful.’