Iran puts BOUNTY on American pilots after  US fighter jet shot down

Iranian state media has stirred controversy by offering civilians a “reward” for capturing American pilots following the downing of a US fighter jet. This incident has been further inflamed by footage of Iranians firing at rescue aircraft.

On Friday, an Iranian state-run news outlet broadcasted footage featuring a female anchor urging civilians to apprehend the pilots of an American F-15E Strike Eagle. This sophisticated aircraft, with a price tag of around $100 million, was reportedly shot down by the regime over southern Iran.

The broadcast promised civilians a “valuable reward” should they succeed in capturing the jet’s pilots.

U.S. officials informed Reuters that the fighter jet was downed in southern Iran, with ongoing search and rescue missions aimed at finding the two crew members.

This incident marks a significant moment as it is the first instance of a U.S. jet being shot down by hostile fire since the conflict began.

Iranian media have circulated images showing the wreckage of the U.S. aircraft. Meanwhile, videos shared on social media depict American jets flying at low altitudes over southern Iran in a search-and-rescue effort.

A photo emerged on Friday of an ejection seat as the whereabouts or status of the crew currently remains unknown. 

The White House said the President has been briefed on the matter, according to the Washington Examiner.  

Footage has emerged of Iranians shooting at US rescue planes

Footage has emerged of Iranians shooting at US rescue planes

An Iranian state-run news agency aired footage on Friday of a female anchor calling on civilians to help capture pilots of an American F-15E Strike Eagle that the regime says was allegedly shot down

An Iranian state-run news agency aired footage on Friday of a female anchor calling on civilians to help capture pilots of an American F-15E Strike Eagle that the regime says was allegedly shot down

A photo emerged on Friday of an ejection seat as the whereabouts or status of the crew currently remains unknown

A photo emerged on Friday of an ejection seat as the whereabouts or status of the crew currently remains unknown

Videos circulating on social media appeared to show American jets flying low over southern Iran for a search-and-rescue operation

Videos circulating on social media appeared to show American jets flying low over southern Iran for a search-and-rescue operation

This would mark the first time a US jet has been downed by enemy fire since the start of the war

This would mark the first time a US jet has been downed by enemy fire since the start of the war

The anchor on the Iranian channel urged local residents in Southern Iran to hunt down and hand over the ‘enemy pilot’ to regime authorities. 

According to the Associated Press, the channel is in Kohkilouyeh and Boyer-Ahmad province, an intensely rural and mountainous region. 

Viewers were also told to ‘shoot them if you see them,’ referring to US aircrafts flying low in the region in an apparent search for the crew members. 

The regime has previously made a series of false claims about shooting down piloted US planes. 

However, Friday was the first time state media has called on the public to look for the suspected American pilots. 

Smoke and flames rise at the site of airstrikes on an oil depot in Tehran

Smoke and flames rise at the site of airstrikes on an oil depot in Tehran

If the regime did successfully shoot down a fighter jet, it would mark a major escalation in the war. 

Donald Trump vowed during an address to the nation on Wednesday night to wind down the conflict in the coming weeks.

As the war now enters its 35th day, Iran has launched new attacks on Gulf energy sites with strikes on a desalination plant and oil refinery in Kuwait as well as a gas complex in Abu Dhabi.

Multiple fires broke out at a Kuwaiti oil refinery after a drone attack, according to officials.

Benjamin Netanyahu has claimed most of Iran’s steel production has been destroyed after the US and Israel targeted facilities.

In a new video posted today, Netanyahu said: ‘Together with our American friends, we continue to crush the terror regime in Iran. We are eliminating commanders, bombing bridges, bombing infrastructure.

‘In recent days, the Air Force has destroyed 70% of Iran’s steel production capacity. This is a tremendous achievement that deprives the Revolutionary Guards of both financial sources and the ability to produce a large number of weapons.

‘In full coordination between myself and President Trump, between the IDF and the United States Army, we will continue to crush Iran. This regime is weaker than ever—Israel is stronger than ever.’

The Daily Mail has contacted the Pentagon for comment. 

You May Also Like

Major Burger Chain Rolls Out $4 Value Menu as Fast-Food Price War Heats Up

Whataburger is making a bold play in the fast-food value wars, rolling…

Amazon Drone Delivery Expansion Targets 500 U.S. Cities

Amazon is preparing a major expansion of its drone delivery program that…

California Family’s $18M COVID Relief Fraud Spurs Senate Crackdown on Fraudster Families

WASHINGTON — Call it a family affair in fraud. A California clan…

Police Identify Man Accused of Terrorizing Woman in Chucky-Style Costume

A Philadelphia man accused of terrifying a woman by chasing her through…

NY AG Hopeful Slams Socialist’s Shoplifting Is a Right Claim

Republican attorney general hopeful Saritha Komatireddy on Thursday sharply criticized a socialist…

ISIS-Linked New Yorker Accused of State Capitol Bomb Plot Also Eyed White House and Times Square NYE Attack

A New York woman accused of planning an ISIS-inspired bombing at the…

NYC Mayoral Aide Signals Aid for Stores Impacted by City-Run Supermarkets

A top official helping steer New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s proposed…

Why Whales Are Gathering at Arctic Circle Feeding Frenzies

Warming seas are luring whales into dramatic “feeding frenzies” inside the Arctic…

Bryony Gordon Reveals the Real Reason Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Coming Home

I can still picture the day the Duke and Duchess of Sussex…

Friends Reveal Why Harry and Meghan’s Move Could Be Forever

After years of tension, public accusations and bruising headlines — not to…

Rape Warning Booklet for Asylum Seekers Branded Pointless by Critics

A Home Office leaflet explaining to asylum seekers that rape is a…

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Secret Cotswolds House Hunt

Harry and Meghan are believed to have made a discreet stay in…