Share this @internewscast.com
Is Prince Harry’s memoir on the shelf? No date is set for Duke’s tell-all book as it emerges the Sussexes have parted company with global press secretary
- Prince Harry’s memoir may be delayed as a release date has not been set yet
- HIs ‘intimate’ book was announced last year and scheduled for release late 2022
- The Sussexes recently left their press secretary who Meghan spoke with daily
- Penguin had a ghost-writer help Harry to document ‘the highs and lows’ of life
- A Sunday Times source said there was ‘some uncertainty’ over the release date
Prince Harry’s controversial tell-all memoir has not yet been given an official release date, prompting claims yesterday that it has been delayed.
Plans for the 37-year-old’s ‘intimate and heartfelt’ book were announced last year, when its publisher said it was ‘tentatively scheduled for late 2022’.
The confusion over the release date comes as the Sunday Times reported yesterday that the Sussexes have parted company with their global press secretary, Toya Holness – which would make her the latest of at least 12 of their top staff to leave since 2018.
Miss Holness, who joined the couple’s Archewell organisation in October 2020, has been described as ‘Meghan’s shadow’ and was reportedly one of a small band of officials who spoke to Harry and Meghan on a daily basis.
Prince Harry’s ‘intimate and heartfelt’ book was announced last year, when its publisher, Penguin Random House said it was ‘tentatively scheduled for late 2022’
Harry had said he was writing ‘not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become’, revealing he wanted to include ‘the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned’ throughout his life
Last year it was revealed that Harry had signed a deal with publisher Penguin Random House, and he has reportedly been working with a ghost-writer, the novelist John Moehringer. Harry had said he was writing ‘not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become’, revealing he wanted to include ‘the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned’.
Sources said the memoir would have attracted a multi-million-pound advance, although Harry has said he will donate the proceeds to charity. A Random House spokesman declined to comment on the publication date, and did not confirm if it would still be released this year. A source told the Sunday Times there was ‘some uncertainty’ over the release date.
The memoir would have attracted a multi-million-pound advance, although Harry has said he will donate the proceeds to charity
At the Palace, it had been feared that any damaging revelations from the book could overshadow the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. But a delay to its publication could mean the prince now includes his experiences of the jubilee, following speculation over the role he and Meghan might play in public events next month.
It will be the first time in more than two years that Meghan, 40, has spent time with the wider Royal Family, though she visited the Queen last month ahead of the Sussexes’ Invictus Games trip.