What Isak's teammates think and what Newcastle will do now: CRAIG HOPE
Share this @internewscast.com

Alexander Isak is taking a gamble, hoping it results in a record-breaking transfer to Liverpool and a lucrative contract that doubles his salary.

Insiders suggest his surprising announcement on Tuesday is a reaction to the dawning realization that his dream move is slipping away.

However, according to the Daily Mail Sport, this statement may have sealed his fate at Newcastle United, as it hasn’t been received positively.

Throughout the summer, Newcastle sought alternatives, and had they secured players like Joao Pedro, Liam Delap, Hugo Ekitike, or Benjamin Sesko, they might have considered selling Isak. It’s believed that an offer around £130 million, inclusive of add-ons, could have facilitated a deal with Liverpool.

But as time passed and other targets fell through, the possibility of a sale diminished. Even on Tuesday, discussions suggested that while unlikely, a transfer wasn’t entirely ruled out. Club insiders admitted uncertainty about the saga’s outcome.

Now, it seems Isak’s actions have inadvertently drawn the episode to a close, albeit not as he had hoped. That’s the sentiment conveyed to Daily Mail Sport from within St James’ Park.

The door is closing on Alexander Isak's dream move to Liverpool from Newcastle

The door is closing on Alexander Isak’s dream move to Liverpool from Newcastle

Isak released the above bombshell statement on Tuesday night - it has not been well received

Isak released the above bombshell statement on Tuesday night – it has not been well received

Eddie Howe’s wish has always been to reintegrate Isak into his squad, believing it would be possible if the transfer deadline passed with him still on Tyneside. That challenge has now got a whole lot harder, after Isak went public with claims of ‘broken relationships’ and ‘broken promises’.

But what is mystifying those close to the club is that his relationships with Howe, the coaching staff and his team-mates have never been broken, and nor have there been promises of allowing him to leave.

His gripe, they assume, is the withdrawal of what he believed was a contract promise made by former co-owner Amanda Staveley in spring of last year. She believed Isak was worth and was owed a pay increase, even if an offer was never made or the finer details discussed.

When Staveley left Newcastle, against her wishes, and a new hierarchal structure was formed, new sporting director Paul Mitchell told Isak and his camp the club would not discuss a deal because he had four years to run and was already among the top earners.

This was true, but Staveley’s thinking was that a new contract would keep Isak happy, reward his performance and avoid a scenario such as the one that has played out this summer.

Mitchell left the club in June of this year. So, when Isak says trust has gone, does he mean with former employees? This has baffled many.

It is said that Isak resented missing out on a year’s worth of extra money, and that his mind was long since made up on wanting to move on. 

There were also what he thought were broken promises of a sporting nature, relating to investment in the squad and infrastructure. Insiders, coming out of last season, understood his stance and there was even some sympathy among some.

Eddie Howe's preference has been to reintegrate Isak into the Newcastle squad

Eddie Howe’s preference has been to reintegrate Isak into the Newcastle squad 

But the manner in which he has attempted to force his way out of a club who have helped develop him into one of the world’s best strikers has left a very sour taste. While team spirit remains strong, there is now said to be a divide among the players – at least in the sense of those who support him, and those who don’t.

That feeling is part of the reason why Newcastle have made offers on several strikers who could have acted as his replacement. There was an acceptance that for Isak to move on could be best for all parties.

But while this statement feels like him clutching at straws, there is a likelihood it proves to be the one that broke the camel’s back from the standpoint of his club – they will not be bulled into a sale.

In a summer of many missteps from the player and his camp, this could be the biggest of all.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Starmer Steps In to Revitalize Budget After Reeves Faces Financial Controversy Allegations

Keir Starmer is stepping in to address the cost of living crisis…

Reeves Avoids Direct Eye Contact with Kemi Badenoch During Tense Television Debate

Rachel Reeves avoided making eye contact with Kemi Badenoch today after the…

Since 2021, Thousands of Afghans Identified as National Security Concerns

A significant number of Afghan nationals who entered the United States following…

Home Improvement’s Zachery Ty Bryan Faces Sixth Arrest: A Troubling Pattern Over Five Years

The former star of Home Improvement, Zachery Ty Bryan, once again finds…

FDA Investigation Reveals Possible Connection Between COVID Vaccines and 10 Child Fatalities

An influential regulator within the FDA has called for more stringent standards…

Achieve Lasting Weight Loss: Discover the 30-Day Detox Plan to Get Fit Without Ozempic

Growing up, I wasn’t the picture of a fitness guru or health…

Voters Demand Accountability from Reeves Over Budget Controversy

Calls are mounting for Rachel Reeves to step down as Chancellor after…

Pete Davidson Steals the Spotlight with a Heartfelt Kiss at Elsie’s Glamorous Baby Shower

Pete Davidson and his expecting partner, Elsie Hewitt, were seen sharing a…

NBC Sparks Controversy by Choosing British Host as Face of Team USA: Viewers Question Network’s Patriotism

NBC is finding itself in hot water, facing criticism over perceived lack…

Celebrating Sir Tom Stoppard: A Literary Genius Who Escaped Hitler’s Shadow and Captivated the World

Few have delighted in the English language as much as Sir Tom…

Starmer Allegedly Aware of Rachel Reeves’ Budget Misrepresentations, Sources Claim

Rachel Reeves is fervently defending her statements regarding her Budget decisions today,…

Suspect Indicted in Fatal Shooting of 18-Year-Old Cheerleader

A man accused of fatally shooting an 18-year-old cheerleader during a late-night…