Share this @internewscast.com

DENVER – The four Democratic members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Colorado wrote to the Department of Justice’s inspector general Thursday asking him to investigate what information was shared between law enforcement agencies about the man who killed five people in an attack across Denver and Lakewood late last month.

“We have serious concerns regarding the sharing of information and the response of law enforcement officials and whether it was adequate, timely and thorough,” wrote Reps. Ed Perlmutter, Jason Crow, Diana DeGette and Joe Neguse in the letter to Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz.

“We request your office conduct an investigation into whether law enforcement agencies were aware of the severity of the threats from the gunman, the actions taken in response to these threats including the closure of investigations, and whether information sharing among agencies was adequate,” they continued.

The gunman, identified as Lyndon McLeod, killed five people and injured two others in the shooting rampage. Among those injured was Lakewood Police Agent Ashley Ferris, who was shot but also shot and killed McLeod in return. She was released from the hospital a week ago.

Denver police acknowledged earlier this month they had received a tip in January 2021 from a German man who contacted Denver 311 and the FBI warning that McLeod “may commit a terrorist attack.” The man, as The Denver Post reported, had read McLeod’s extremist writings and was concerned enough about those and things McLeod had said in chat rooms that he contacted authorities.

A Denver police spokesperson previously confirmed in December that McLeod had twice been investigated in the past – one time in mid-2020 and again in early 2021 – but they provided few details about the investigations, only saying they did not lead to criminal charges.

A spokesperson for DPD said earlier this month the department had gotten a tip “citing several concerns involving Lyndon McLeod” but that McLeod was not living in Denver. The spokesperson said an investigator contacted a potential theft or fraud victim who lived out of state and found there was no connection to Denver. But the department also said it was reviewing that initial investigation.

The FBI’s Denver office has not commented on the shooting or the investigation.

The members of Congress wrote to the inspector general that news reports about what was reported to authorities were “concerning.”

“It is critical we understand who knew what information and when, and how this information was shared and acted upon in order to identify and close any gaps in the information sharing process among law enforcement,” they wrote.

Source: This post first appeared on

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Teen Acquitted in High-Profile Easter Show Stabbing: A Closer Look at the Verdict

The tragic incident involving the fatal stabbing of a ride attendant at…

Authorities Report Children Residing in Unsanitary Conditions Amidst Pest and Safety Concerns

Background: The home where children were allegedly found living in squalid conditions…

Ex-Inmate’s Desperate Act: Homeless Man Arrested for Midtown Car Theft of Phone and Bank Cards

By Staff Report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A Gainesville man, Brandon Lee Richardson,…

Suspect Apprehended for Carjacking, Assault, and Police Scanner Evasion

In the early hours today, Rakeem Lizel Calhoun, aged 37, found himself…

Lawyer Reports Tina Clark’s Health Declining Amidst Solitary Confinement

Left: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a joint press conference with…

Kentucky Man Arrested for Allegedly Injuring Girlfriend’s Child During Diaper Change

A Kentucky resident has been detained on charges of child abuse following…

Mystery Deepens: CCTV Captures Last Moments of Missing Stewardess Before Yacht Disappearance

Sarm Heslop possesses an adventurous spirit, channeling her energy into various roles…

Mystery Deepens: Unanswered Questions Surround Discovery of Body in Hospital Water Tank

Oklahoma authorities remain engaged in an ongoing investigation following the unsettling discovery…

Father Calls 911 Requesting Removal of 11-Year-Old Son After Food Request Leads to Confrontation

A father from South Carolina has landed in jail following accusations that…

Shocking Courtroom Drama: Man’s Unbelievable List of Demands Leaves Everyone Speechless

Inset: Zachary Heckathorn (Martins Ferry Police Department). Background: The church where Heckathorn…

Father Allegedly Threatens Son with Harm After Refusing to Provide Food: Deputies Report

Background: Beason Rd. in Orangeburg, S.C. (Google Maps). Inset: Thomas Baker (Orangeburg…

Chilling Phone Call Emerges After Scientist’s Tragic Fall

On a grim November night in 1953, Frank Olson, a scientist involved…