Two adults accused of murdering eight-year-old Elizabeth Rose Struhs have appeared in Toowoomba Magistrates Court via videolink for the first time.

The girl was found dead in a Toowoomba home late on Saturday afternoon.

The tragedy has sent shockwaves through the community.

The girl was found dead in a Toowoomba home late on Saturday afternoon.
The girl was found dead in a Toowoomba home late on Saturday afternoon. (9News)

“The first responders, I know they’ve been deeply impacted by what they saw here,” Toowoomba South MP David Janetzki said.

Jason Richard Struhs and Kerrie Elizabeth Struhs have been charged with murder, torture and failure to provide necessities of life.

Neither 50-year-old Mr Struhs nor 46-year-old Ms Struhs had legal representation in court.

Local MP said first responders have been deeply impacted by the alleged murder.
Local MP said first responders have been deeply impacted by the alleged murder. (9News)

Despite the magistrate urging them to do so, both said they wouldn’t be seeking legal advice.

They were remanded in custody, to appear again via videolink on March 24.

The Department of Children was unable to tell 9News if the eight-year-old was known to child protection.

“Our community wants to know what happened, and how this tragedy could have been prevented,” Mr Janetzki said.

Source: 9News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Chicago Weather: Another Gloomy Day Before The Weekend Warmup

CHICAGO (CBS)– One more day of gloomy weather before the sun returns…

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Married Duke of Norfolk finds love with mother of model Frankie Herbert

The Duke of Norfolk, who told me last week that his 34-year…

Biden calls the Texas abortion law ‘un-American’

President Joe Biden once again on Friday ripped a new Texas abortion…

Miranda Lambert expands MuttNation Fund to help music community’s medical care for pets

NEW YORK (WABC) — Country superstar Miranda Lambert is making it easier…