5.9k Share this
CHICAGO (WLS) — Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s revised plan for a gas card giveaway goes before the City Council’s Budget Committee Wednesday.

Mayor Lightfoot has tweaked the plan and an earlier version failed to advance because some critics saw it as a political stunt.

RELATED: Willie Wilson to hold another gas giveaway

The revised ordinance would reserve 75% of the $12.5 million gas card lottery for residents of South and West side neighborhoods that the mayor has defined as “high mobility hardship” and he remaining 25% would be distributed city-wide.

The ordinance calls for distributing up to 100,000 prepaid transit cards and up to 50,000 prepaid gas cards.

Each prepaid gas card will be loaded with $150 and each prepaid transit card will be loaded with $50.

Copyright © 2022 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.

Source: ABC7

5.9k Share this
You May Also Like

Get Woke, Go Broke — 7 Big Names in Pop Culture Burst the Left’s Bubble This Week

There is no greater threat to the Democrat Party than an open…

Spain braces for ‘unheard of’ 107F May heatwave of ‘extraordinary intensity’

Spain is bracing itself for a heatwave unheard of in late spring…
JOHNNY DEPP VS. AMBER HEARD TRIAL LIVE: Depp's star dimmed because he was always late to work

JOHNNY DEPP VS. AMBER HEARD TRIAL LIVE: Depp’s star dimmed because he was always late to work

LIVE JOHNNY DEPP VS. AMBER HEARD TRIAL LIVE: Depp’s star dimmed because…
2 killed, 7 injured in mass shooting downtown; suspect in custody

2 killed, 7 injured in mass shooting downtown; suspect in custody

CHICAGO (CBS)– A suspect is in custody after two people were killed and…
Arnold Bennett, (pictured) who died in 1931, published 124 books, but is only remembered because he is an omelette, still on the menu at the Savoy. Patrick Donovan's new book reveals that by 1912 Arnold Bennett was earning today¿s equivalent of £1.8million a year purely through journalism and writing

Arnold Bennett was snubbed by literary society and Virginia Woolf likened him to a bootmaker

BOOK OF THE WEEK ARNOLD BENNETT: LOST ICON by Patrick Donovan (Unicorn £25,…
Shooting Chicago: 3 men shot, 1 critically hurt after shots fired on Maypole Street in West Garfield Park, police department says

Shooting Chicago: 3 men shot, 1 critically hurt after shots fired on Maypole Street in West Garfield Park, police department says

CHICAGO (WLS) — Three men were shot early Sunday on the city’s…
Labor supporters cheered as they celebrated winning power for the first time since losing in 2013

Anthony Albanese WINS Australia federal election 2022 as Scott Morrison wiped out

Anthony Albanese will become the 31st Prime Minister of Australia by ending the…

Father of murdered Caroline Crouch reveals his heartbreak

Visitors to the whitewashed villa with its views over the Aegean Sea still…