The moment Miss Universe boss breaks down in a tearful apology
Share this @internewscast.com

The head of Miss Universe, Nawat Itsaragrisil, recently found himself in tears as he issued an apology following his controversial remarks about Miss Mexico, Fátima Bosch, whom he had called a ‘dummy.’ This incident triggered a protest walkout.

In a show of solidarity, Miss Universe contestants collectively exited one of the pageant’s events after the president publicly criticized Miss Mexico for what he perceived as her lack of respect.

Notably, Victoria Theilvig, who made history as the first Dane to secure the crown, led the walkout during the sashing ceremony held at the Miss Universe delegates’ hotel in Bangkok, Thailand. This was in response to Nawat’s public chastisement of Fátima in front of numerous fellow contestants.

Recently released footage captures Nawat attempting to justify his statements, expressing that he is ‘only human’ and never intended to cause such distress.

“I am human. I didn’t want to do anything like that,” Nawat, the director of Miss Universe Thailand, explained.

Later, on Wednesday, he offered an apology to a separate audience, while various Miss Universe delegates stood by his side.

This is the moment Miss Universe boss Nawat Itsaragrisil (pictured) broke down in a tearful apology after he branded Miss Mexico, Fátima Bosch, a 'dummy', which sparked a protest

This is the moment Miss Universe boss Nawat Itsaragrisil (pictured) broke down in a tearful apology after he branded Miss Mexico, Fátima Bosch, a ‘dummy’, which sparked a protest

Miss Universe contestants staged a mass walkout from one of this year's events in solidarity with Miss Mexico (pictured), after the president reprimanded her for showing 'no respect'

Miss Universe contestants staged a mass walkout from one of this year’s events in solidarity with Miss Mexico (pictured), after the president reprimanded her for showing ‘no respect’

‘I had not [intended] to harm anyone because I respect all of you. I am so sorry it happened. First, I have to apologise to the delegates.

‘If anyone was affected and not comfortable with what happened, I am so sorry,’ he said.

This series of apologies comes after Nawat’s shocking confrontation with Mexico’s Miss Universe delegate, Fatima, during a pre-pageant event on Tuesday.

Nawat singled out Miss Mexico in front of a crowd of people before the annual sashing ceremony after she did not participate in a sponsorship shoot earlier that day.

‘Mexico, where are you? I heard you’re not going to support everything about Thailand. Is that true?’ and later called her a ‘dummy’.

‘I still keep talking to everybody, why do you still stand up to talk to me?’ he questioned.

Justifying her protest against pageant authority, Victoria, 21, said: ‘This is about women’s rights.’

‘To trash another girl – it’s beyond disrespectful and it’s nothing I’ve ever done. That’s why I’m taking my coat and I’m going.’

Victoria Theilvig (pictured), the first Dane to win the top title, stormed out of the sashing ceremony at the Miss Universe delegates' hotel in Bangkok after the boss berated Fátima

Victoria Theilvig (pictured), the first Dane to win the top title, stormed out of the sashing ceremony at the Miss Universe delegates’ hotel in Bangkok after the boss berated Fátima

New footage has now shown Nawat attempting to defend his comments as he confessed he was 'human' and did intend to cause so much upset

New footage has now shown Nawat attempting to defend his comments as he confessed he was ‘human’ and did intend to cause so much upset

The unprecedented incident took place during a live-streamed ceremony of the event, where Nawat, Vice President for Asia and Oceania within the Miss Universe Organisation, confronted 25-year-old Fátima about her absence from a sponsor shoot earlier that day.

In footage broadcast on the official Miss Universe Thailand Facebook page, Nawat asked Fátima to stand and ‘explain herself’ in front of the rolling cameras, before instructing security personnel to escort her out of the hotel after she insisted on ‘using my voice’.

In a mass revolt in support of the beauty queen, several of her fellow contestants proceeded to stand up from their seats, ready to storm out of the room.

A distressed Nawat could be heard shouting ‘Stop, stop!’ as the models began making their way out of the ceremony, demanding that they ‘Sit down’.

When the visibly uncomfortable Fátima responded to the president that she did not want to be publicly reprimanded before her pageant peers, he took to the microphone to interrupt, telling her: ‘I didn’t give you the opportunity to talk… I’m still talking, I’m still talking, listen!’

‘I have a voice,’ Fátima replied, accusing Nawat of ‘not respecting me as a woman’.

The argument continued, with the president saying: ‘My question is: Can you work to promote Thailand or not – yes or no?’

Nawat then instructed security to escort Fátima out of the hotel.

Victoria, who beat out Miss Nigeria at the 73rd edition of the pageant in Mexico City last year, was one of the pageant queens who stormed out of the ceremony alongside Miss Mexico and was later seen in footage announcing she would not remain in the venue.

‘We have respect for everyone, but this is not how things can be handled,’ she said.

The clip was shared to social media and quickly gained traction online, as well as praise from other women and delegates.

Fans and former contestants hailed Victoria’s walkout as an act of integrity and courage, while influencers described the moment as ‘the most empowering act in Miss Universe history.’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Heightened Calls for Legal Action Against Anthony Fauci Following Trump’s Autopen Declaration

Conservative figures are calling for Anthony Fauci to face charges following President…

Discover How Prince Edward Secures a 120-Room Surrey Mansion for Minimal Rent

Prince Edward is leasing a grand estate in Surrey under favorable terms,…

Revelations Surface on Trump’s Conversation with Venezuelan Leader

President Donald Trump engaged in a phone conversation with Venezuelan President Nicolás…

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony at The Lodge

In a historic moment for Australia, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Jodie…

Record Number of Unemployed Workers Now Includes More College Graduates

Recent trends indicate that the edge college graduates once held in the…

Wyoming Legislator Faces Allegations from Ex-Partner Over $6K Vacation Dispute

A Republican lawmaker from Wyoming finds herself at the center of a…

Top Aide to Zelensky Resigns Following Home Investigation

In a significant development, Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, has…

U.S. Mother Accused of Killing Children and Fleeing to London Loses Court Battle

An American mother, charged with drugging and killing two of her children…

Tragic Incident: Cheerleader’s Life Lost in Cruise Ship Confrontation

Anna Kepner, an 18-year-old cheerleader, tragically lost her life under harrowing circumstances…

Exploring the Underworld: Unveiling the Intricate Operations of Dubai’s Illicit Fly-Tipping Networks

Picture the gleaming skyline of Dubai, stacks of cash being moved in…

Kathryn Knight Probes the Disappearance of £12 Million in Royal Funds Amid Giuffre Legal Dispute

This week, the Western Australia Supreme Court’s hearing schedule featured an entry…

Sophie and Prince Edward Embrace Winter Warmth at the Races: A Royal Day Out

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge faced chilly temperatures as they attended…